Raptors Discussion: v89| Those are some big rings | Raptors out to defend their championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
6 years of building/disappointment won us a title, pure motivation!

But Warriors were the favs to sweep us... They thought wrong!

Still think adding Gasol was the key factor. He was crucial.

We don't win without Gasol. Orlando might take us to 7. Philly beats us.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Raps will never get respect. Even being a real top team for the past 6 seasons, and a championship and we are still a joke. All because we are not "American".

That's the US media for you. Permenant underdog status is a good place to be though.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
We don't win without Gasol. Orlando might take us to 7. Philly beats us.

We have a great team. I love the Raps, they're Champs and just so balanced. If Siakam takes that next step, I think we contend again and if he leaps, we going for it. Kyle stay healthy etc. Great team

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Raps will never get respect. Even being a real top team for the past 6 seasons, and a championship and we are still a joke. All because we are not "American".
The reason for that is that no one thought DeRozan was good enough to lead the Raps to a championship. DeRozan is a 20 point player who was the first option on a good team. When the pressure was turned up in the playoffs he always regressed. Every year his points went down in the playoffs when every other elite players went the other way. With the east being not as good as the West Toronto finishing so high was a little inflated. Not Toronto's fault but it's what fuels perception. I always liked Lowry's toughness but never though DeRozan was a top 10 player in the league just based on his performances each seasons when games counted.

Sep 18, 2009
We have a great team. I love the Raps, they're Champs and just so balanced. If Siakam takes that next step, I think we contend again and if he leaps, we going for it. Kyle stay healthy etc. Great team
They kept it going without Kawhi and they will do it again
OG style

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
Cap's projected to jump to around 125m (151m luxury tax) in 2021, all 3 of them at max contracts would be around ~106m I believe. Team could conceivably keep Powell, OG, Norm, and Lowry (MLE?) assuming nobody goes too crazy with their demands. Would be a nasty group.

Not that it would ever happen, but it would be amazing if we could somehow convince Siakam to take a one year deal. Than we could just sign him over the cap

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Report: Kyle Lowry would have forced Raptors to trade him without new contract

“If the Raptors weren’t going to give him an extension, sources close to Lowry say, he was prepared to hold out and try and force a deal to a destination of his choosing rather than allow the club to control the timing.”

Like that we extended Kyle for 1 more year, but his supposed threat of a holdout and forced trade is not sitting well with me. Maybe if things don't go as well as planned for us this year, that he will be at least more marketable with an additional year tacked on his contract, instead of just a rental.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Report: Kyle Lowry would have forced Raptors to trade him without new contract

Like that we extended Kyle for 1 more year, but his supposed threat of a holdout and forced trade is not sitting well with me. Maybe if things don't go as well as planned for us this year, that he will be at least more marketable with an additional year tacked on his contract, instead of just a rental.

The alternative was and is to rip it down for picks etc. 1 year was no biggie, probably best for the team actually. I doubt Raps gave any resistance

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
The alternative was and is to rip it down for picks etc. 1 year was no biggie, probably best for the team actually. I doubt Raps gave any resistance

Then rip it down and move him at the deadline if we are not in contention, but to give him another year just because he said he would boycott and sulk if we don't? That ain't right.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Look at that championship gold tab on the collar..a thing of beauty.

3BB688FC-1506-405C-907A-AAEF8273BDA6.jpeg

Last edited:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Lowry uses his only type of leverage available in hopes of remaining with the team longer? Hate to see it.

Why? Don't we love Lowry? I want to be competitive for the next couple years. We just won, let's have fun with it and make the east squirm a bit. Siakam looks great and maybe he will make a leap. It's a great story even, how do you not follow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad