Raptors Discussion: v89| Those are some big rings | Raptors out to defend their championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Not sure if posted, but Klay Thompson says that if he were healthy in the Finals the Warriors would have beat the Raps!!!!

LMFAO, talk about sour grapes. Understand something Mr. Thompson, the Raptors are the champs and we made easy work of the Warriors even with you in the lineup.

Great to be Champions, boohoo Klay....boohoo.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Can't wait to watch some Champs take the court!! I am all pumped, think this team is going to surprise! Raaaaaptorrrrs!!!

Reactions: Jmo89

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Only 2 teams concern me in the East. Milwaukee and Philly. Nets with Kyrie and that kid that came in second to Siakam in MIP voting don't scare me. Boston, LOL. The others? I don't see anybody else worth talking about. We'll still be very much in the mix for the East championship. I think Embiid and Simmons are overrated, but if Kwahi doesn't make that shot they could have easily won that game. That's why Philly scares me.

Reactions: yvrtojfk

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Only 2 teams concern me in the East. Milwaukee and Philly. Nets with Kyrie and that kid that came in second to Siakam in MIP voting don't scare me. Boston, LOL. The others? I don't see anybody else worth talking about. We'll still be very much in the mix for the East championship. I think Embiid and Simmons are overrated, but if Kwahi doesn't make that shot they could have easily won that game. That's why Philly scares me.

I agree with your sentiment. However, If Kawhi doesn't make "THE SHOT", we're still going to OT which would have given me a heart attack potentially.

I wouldn't worry as much about the NETS. The player who finished runner-up to Pascal ,(D Russ) is now on the Warriors, go figure lol!!

Reactions: stickty111

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Winning without Kawhi in the regular season when teams barely gameplan is a hell of a lot different than in the playoffs.

That being said, the only team I would definitely take over us is Milwaukee since they're the only one with a true superstar. Philly lost their best playoff guy in Butler, Gasol's still around to contain Embiid and I don't specifically like the fit of Horford. Boston's frontcourt is abysmal. No KD for the Nets this year. I do think Indiana will be a top three seed.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I agree with your sentiment. However, If Kawhi doesn't make "THE SHOT", we're still going to OT which would have given me a heart attack potentially.

I wouldn't worry as much about the NETS. The player who finished runner-up to Pascal ,(D Russ) is now on the Warriors, go figure lol!!

Oh shit, he is? Damn, my bad on that one. I guess I missed that lol.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Excited to see real Champs play this year! Go Raps Go!

True North... True Champs

And...

Box + Whatever you suck we won go pound salt loser.

OK done, let's try for two boys!!

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Everything went right for the Raptors in the playoffs. They beat the former champs but lets be realistic here. A healthy GS wouldn't have lost. a healthy Clay would have made the series very close. healthy KD and Cousins they probably wouldn't have lost a game.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Everything went right for the Raptors in the playoffs. They beat the former champs but lets be realistic here. A healthy GS wouldn't have lost. a healthy Clay would have made the series very close. healthy KD and Cousins they probably wouldn't have lost a game.

Let's be realistic here, Raps are champs. End of story. If "ifs" and "buts" were candies and nuts we'd all have a merry Christams.

Reactions: WildBoy

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005

That's a terrible take.

Everything did not go right. Raptors were more injured than their opponents in the first 3 rounds and yet made no excuses. Kawhi and Lowry were both playing injured. And Cousins made their team worse, not better. Took away shots from more efficient scorers, was a ball stopper, and didn't play much D.

Despite the injuries, despite being a 3:1 underdog in the finals (with KD on the shelf already being priced in), Raptors won.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
That's a terrible take.

Everything did not go right. Raptors were more injured than their opponents in the first 3 rounds and yet made no excuses. Kawhi and Lowry were both playing injured. And Cousins made their team worse, not better. Took away shots from more efficient scorers, was a ball stopper, and didn't play much D.

Despite the injuries, despite being a 3:1 underdog in the finals (with KD on the shelf already being priced in), Raptors won.

Not mention they were getting nothing from the bench till game 3 or 4 against Milwaukee. Raps trailed in every series till the finals.

Reactions: donghabs98

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
Raptors were one absolutely terrible quarter away from sweeping the Warriors, and Klay played in most of the first four games. Durant's a great player, but he's not good enough to overcome that kind of ass-kicking.

Sure, the Warriors were winning game 5 at the point where Durant got injured, but they were only up 5 despite him going 3/3 from 3pt range in 12 minutes. He wasn't going to shoot like that every game.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
When does pre season start?
Raptors Announce 2019 Preseason Schedule | Toronto Raptors
The Toronto Raptors announced Friday a four-game preseason schedule, featuring one contest at Scotiabank Arena. The Raptors will host the Chicago Bulls on Sunday, Oct. 13.

After training camp, the team will depart for Tokyo, Japan, where they will face the Houston Rockets in the NBA Japan Games 2019 Presented by Rakuten. The games will take place Tuesday, Oct. 8 and Thursday, Oct. 10 at Saitama Super Arena, and will be the league’s 13th and 14th games in Japan.

Toronto’s preseason schedule also includes a road game against the Brooklyn Nets on Friday, Oct. 18 at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum.

screen_shot_2019-08-02_at_12.32.33_pm.png

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
:laugh:

There's a terrible piece on The Athletic in which noted New York media hack Frank Isola goes on at length about how the Knicks should poach Masai from Toronto to fix their team (by framing the whole Ujiri-to-Washington thing as something that was close but just didn't happen when the Wiz chose not to make an offer to him. No mention of the fact that Masai has basically said he has zero intention of going anywhere else, much less throw himself into the burning tar pit that is the New York Knicks front office. There's also an oblique "and then the Knicks can sign Antentakoumpo too!!" bit at the end)

But the best part is a commentor posting a hypothetical bit about the selection interview between James Dolan and Masai.

Dolan: "How did you become so successful?"
Ujiri: "By trading with you."

Fantastic.

Reactions: Kurtz

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Raptors were one absolutely terrible quarter away from sweeping the Warriors, and Klay played in most of the first four games. Durant's a great player, but he's not good enough to overcome that kind of ass-kicking.

Sure, the Warriors were winning game 5 at the point where Durant got injured, but they were only up 5 despite him going 3/3 from 3pt range in 12 minutes. He wasn't going to shoot like that every game.
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the Raps won but because of all of the injuries that threw off the Warriors chemistry/rotation. Igoudala, Durant, Cousins, and Thompson were all injured and missed important games. Kawhi had a phantom injury to his leg and Lowry legitimately hurt his thumb and Anunoby was out. The fact still remains that if both teams where 100% The warriors win. It's a marathon and Toronto looked like the fresher team and where able win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->