Raptors Discussion: v89| Those are some big rings | Raptors out to defend their championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Gasol will be traded at the deadline. Can't see why you hold on to him unless we are a top 4 team in the east. This going to be a weird rebuild.

I don't see FVV being a #1 pg down the road. I do think Ibaka sticks around in Toronto for the long term.

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
Gasol will be traded at the deadline. Can't see why you hold on to him unless we are a top 4 team in the east. This going to be a weird rebuild.

I don't see FVV being a #1 pg down the road. I do think Ibaka sticks around in Toronto for the long term.
I agree with Gasol. He will be moved this season. And I don’t really want to keep Ibaka but I don’t see us filling his role in with any prospects either.

Plat87

Nov 22, 2018
Hard to imagine Kawhi going from the Clippers to the Lakers. I mean I guess he could do it sure but yikes, that would be kind of like the Leafs best player jumping to MTL!

I agree but if there is one player that would not give a crap about doing it....it's Leonard.

Reactions: thewave

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
the way things look, it almost makes too much sense that he wants to go to the Lakers. Brons deals done, by then AD will be signed long term and i would assume they'd have 1 max contract minimum available. get Kawhi, run him/AD and whatever supporting cast.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
... is CP3 not still a better player than Russ?

When healthy, you can certainly make that case. Paul is also a better fit on paper, since WB can't shoot. But Paul is rarely healthy, and he's older.

But the main reason for the trade is that Harden and Paul dislike each other, while Harden and WB are best friends. Is that worth the 2 firsts + 2 pick swap options? I would say probably not.

Having said that, maybe WB thrives in Dantoni's system and alters his game a bit where he's less ball-dominant, and runs and attacks a bit more rather than taking entirely too many 3s for his skill-set. So it's possible that Houston comes out well. But at the moment, OKC definitely wins this one.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I feel like WB is being slightly under rated here.

The guy averaged a triple double 3 years in a row, thats unreal. Saying it is simply. His points went down with PG in the mix but he also did have his best assist average he ever has. CP3 is one of my all time favourite players but the guy is in decline. His games played have gone down every year since the last time he played 82 and with his injuries have come a decline in both his points and assists. I just think that trend is going to continue and WB is going to add another spark to the Rockets and he has some more years ahead of him.

Giuseppe Sallo

ELE-VAT-ED
Apr 20, 2007
Back to L.A
twitter.com
Am I the only one optimistic? W/o a star I think we're a solid team, its the scoring I'm worried about.

Siakam will become a superstar, I dont see how he takes a step back and I believe our depth will be the key to success, once again!

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
I feel like WB is being slightly under rated here.

The guy averaged a triple double 3 years in a row, thats unreal. Saying it is simply. His points went down with PG in the mix but he also did have his best assist average he ever has. CP3 is one of my all time favourite players but the guy is in decline. His games played have gone down every year since the last time he played 82 and with his injuries have come a decline in both his points and assists. I just think that trend is going to continue and WB is going to add another spark to the Rockets and he has some more years ahead of him.
And he hasnt won a thing.

Reactions: Giuseppe Sallo

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
They triggered now!

Speaking of being triggered, Drake’s OVO fest has tickets going up to 1,000 dollars.

The line up is lackluster at best, y’all gonna pay 1,000 to see Chingy and the Ying Yang Twins!? Drake has hit Aubrey mode 2004.
Was the $1000 cost or resale value?

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I love that Kawhi is repping those. I think he actually likes it here and wanted to stay but moved back to LA for his family in the end. All the other shit was his crazy uncle. That’s what I tell myself anyway. Miss you Klaw.

Reactions: yvrtojfk

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Am I the only one optimistic? W/o a star I think we're a solid team, its the scoring I'm worried about.

Siakam will become a superstar, I dont see how he takes a step back and I believe our depth will be the key to success, once again!
That's my thought too. Is replacing Kawhi with OG a major downgrade defensively? I don't think it is, though obviously it's a major downgrade offensively. The question for the Raps this year is going to be how to score points, with a mostly aging core.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
They triggered now!

Speaking of being triggered, Drake’s OVO fest has tickets going up to 1,000 dollars.

The line up is lackluster at best, y’all gonna pay 1,000 to see Chingy and the Ying Yang Twins!? Drake has hit Aubrey mode 2004.
He must have some big guests lined up for night 2.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Kawhi looks way happier there than at any point he was in Toronto and as a Raptor. :oops:

NBA-Kawhi-Leonard7.jpg

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
That's my thought too. Is replacing Kawhi with OG a major downgrade defensively? I don't think it is, though obviously it's a major downgrade offensively. The question for the Raps this year is going to be how to score points, with a mostly aging core.

Need retool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->