Raptors Discussion: v89| Those are some big rings | Raptors out to defend their championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plat87

Nov 22, 2018
Outscored the Hornets 72-40 in second half, what a dominant victory. OG showing how much of a beast he can be and Terrence Davis is the next diamond in the rough.

The Big Swede13

Sep 2, 2019
Whats the story behind Davis? Seems like he could be a good bench player for us the first time he stepped on the court. No teams wanted this guy lol?

Reactions: Plat87

Plat87

Nov 22, 2018
Whats the story behind Davis? Seems like he could be a good bench player for us the first time he stepped on the court. No teams wanted this guy lol?

He turned down a 2 way contract from the Nuggets, they probably only offered him a 2 way because they have too many guards. He bet on himself and the Raptors are betting on him, he has so much potential.

17 Clark

Mar 22, 2015
OG's gonna have to eventually lose that eye to get a call.
I think the team is playing fantastic considering it’ll be a long season it’ll be interesting to see when they get the players back how they play against the top-tier teams with the full lineup because they did pretty good with a depleted lineup

IceColdBear

Apr 5, 2016
These injuries could be a bit of a blessing in the long-term.

We've seen what these depth guys can do, and Nurse should feel a little more comfortable using a bigger rotation and giving our key guys some rest.

Reactions: canucksfan

Blueboy

Apr 15, 2019
These injuries could be a bit of a blessing in the long-term.

We've seen what these depth guys can do, and Nurse should feel a little more comfortable using a bigger rotation and giving our key guys some rest.
I dig this take. Builds confidence for the whole franchise too.

Next man up mentality and all these guys believe they can contribute at a high level.

Plat87

Nov 22, 2018
I dig this take. Builds confidence for the whole franchise too.

Next man up mentality and all these guys believe they can contribute at a high level.

Yup, the injuries kinda forced Nurses hand to see what we got in these guys a little earlier than he would like...but it looks like we got something.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
RHJ fits in so well with this team.

Hustles his ass off on both ends while still liking to have fun with the guys. The Raps will have to be a defensive force to go deep in the playoffs this year and he will make a great addition on that front.

Reactions: yvrtojfk

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Chris Boucher only shot one FT last night.

That's not even the craziest thing. Siakam shot 3. This is someone who is constantly attacking the basket and is struggling to get to the free throw line. Shot 9 FTA the last 3 games combined which is crazy.

Reactions: yvrtojfk

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
That's not even the craziest thing. Siakam shot 3. This is someone who is constantly attacking the basket and is struggling to get to the free throw line. Shot 9 FTA the last 3 games combined which is crazy.
Good point.

I guess I’ve gotten used to it with him. :laugh:

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
It's a hard for me to determine which team I like more...

2018 chokers with Kawhi but play great.

2019 champs without Kawhi playing great.

I'm liking the later more.

Oleksiy Armyakov

Dec 31, 2017
It's a hard for me to determine which team I like more...

2018 chokers with Kawhi but play great.

2019 champs without Kawhi playing great.

I'm liking the later more.

do you even watch raptors games at all or did you just watch orlando and philly series?
these so-called "chokers" won NBA championship. Sure, they all choked during first 2 series for whatever reason. But they played bucks and golden state as a team. Especially against Golden state when kawhi was limping all series since getting his thigh aggravated, all players stepped up BIG. Even during the regular season they ALL played as a team all year going 22-5 without kawhi. There is never going to be nearly as good team as they had in 2018/19. Btw, 22-5 is more impressive than this year's 9-4. Our team this year is a treadmill team with experience.

Reactions: stickty111
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad