Raptors Discussion: v85|WE THE NORTH! | RAPTORS ARE NBA CHAMPIONS! DEFEAT GOLDEN STATE 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Last thread: Raptors Discussion: - V84 | One More | Next game : Jun 13, 9pm ET/6pm PT | RAPTORS LEAD SERIES 3-2

The actual, for-sure final game at Oracle Arena will be the Raptors' 2nd chance to close this series out while the Warriors look to force game 7 and stave off elimination for another day.

And though we're at the end, if anyone else wants to gear up ahead of the game I've still got avatars

full
full
full
full

Kawhi Leonard -- Kyle Lowry -- Pascal Siakam -- Marc Gasol

full
full
full
full

Fred VanVleet -- Serge Ibaka -- Norman Powell -- Danny Green

full
full
full
full

O.G. Anunoby -- Jeremy Lin -- Jodie Meeks -- Patrick McCaw

full
full
full
full

Malcolm Miller -- Jordan Loyd -- Chris Boucher -- Eric Moreland

full
full

Nick Nurse -- Masai Ujiri

SPECIAL EDITIONS
full
full
full
full

Kawhi/Embiid -- Kawhi/Giannis -- The Shot -- Jordan Loyd

full

Big 3 (Leonard, Lowry, Siakam)​

For those that care, the order of skylines that cycle in the middle frames are:
Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver, Victoria

City choices were basically done by whatever I could get good silhouettes of. That's why Saskatoon instead of Regina and no maritimes cities (well, that and file size restrictions)

Come on Raps, let's do this.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
LGR!

need to get themselves together mentally, realize the KD thing is settled, and that without him the Raps have been the better team the balance of the series and are well-deserved leaders.

we need to just shoot normally. not even great, just normally. and the defence will take care of the rest, as it has for most of the series.

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
Hopefully Klay cools down from 3 hes been on fire this whole series so far 20/35 ffs

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
Not all that interested in the series any more, I saw some shady indications in this past game, not interested in following something WWE like. That pretends to be real.

Reactions: Finnish your Czech

Giuseppe Sallo

ELE-VAT-ED
Apr 20, 2007
Back to L.A
twitter.com
Shady? I had Warriors sweeping us tbh. We're up 3-2... Even G7 at home is a huge adv. I don't get nervous at all... The best team will prevail (Raps look better). I use to play soccer in hs/college, its mental fortitude that gives you an edge, battling the best.

Richard Jefferson (thinks it'll end in 6) said it best: "Raps looking good even when they lose."

PS: Max Kellerman is our good luck charm, he thinks we win in Oracle.

ClarkSittler

Mar 25, 2014
As expected Game 5 was most viewed NBA game ever in Canada 6.9 million watched.

North American viewership as a whole up 4% over last year.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
As expected Game 5 was most viewed NBA game ever in Canada 6.9 million watched.

North American viewership as a whole up 4% over last year.
Too bad from the viewpoint of the NBA head office that number is equivalent to zero...

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
The old NBA saying will prove correct. When you have the best player on the court you usually win. Raps in 6. The Claw is #3 in NBA behind LeBron and KD.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
He's probably passed Bron Bron

Durant/Kawhi are 1 A 1 B imo
KD completely dominated the game when he played in 1st quarter after being OFF a month. He stopped everything defensively and he made plays and shots like a 7 footer is NOT supposed to make. 7 footers are not supposed to be so mobile and skilled. Don't kid yourself if KD was healthy this was a 4 game sweep.
and LeBron is only guy who has a total and complete game, although he is aging. Only 1 guy has beaten Clay, KD, Curry and Green together in their primes. and I don't even think MJ could have done it because he did not have a good enough power game.
Hopefully next year the monopoly in San fran is broken up and KD leaves.
The Lakers will pick up Davis and Kyrie and will be able to defeat the Warriors next season.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I think game 6 can go either way. It wont matter in the end. Raps take the series. They are just too good.

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
Is it just me or was he punched not because of who he cheered for, but because he had just punched someone else?
Looks like his buddy got knocked out first, and then he went to confront the guy and got punched right at the end of the video as well.

Definitely shitty but hard to tell what's going on there without more context or a better video. People really do need to grow up though.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
KD completely dominated the game when he played in 1st quarter after being OFF a month. He stopped everything defensively and he made plays and shots like a 7 footer is NOT supposed to make. 7 footers are not supposed to be so mobile and skilled. Don't kid yourself if KD was healthy this was a 4 game sweep.
and LeBron is only guy who has a total and complete game, although he is aging. Only 1 guy has beaten Clay, KD, Curry and Green together in their primes. and I don't even think MJ could have done it because he did not have a good enough power game.
Hopefully next year the monopoly in San fran is broken up and KD leaves.
The Lakers will pick up Davis and Kyrie and will be able to defeat the Warriors next season.

So I guess you are ok with the "monopoly " in tinseltown??

Lebron is the one that started all this mega team concept when he first went to Miami. And now we want him out of all players to continue to win championships?

Sorry but I don't think Lebron has proven anything in this league. He never brought a championship on his own to his team. He may have been the best player on a team of superstars, but never the player that brought home a championship!!! Who did Jordan play with....Pippen? Kerr? Harper? Cartwright? Imagine if Jordan in his time played with 2 of the better players in the league? How many championships would he have had? Imagine Jordan, Malone and Bird on the same team? I would say that is close to Lebron, Wade and Bosh? Or Lebron, Kyrie and Love?

Give me a break. Lebron isn't close to the best player of all time and never will be. Not how he coattails to championships with his super teams all the time.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011

Lebron is the one that started all this mega team concept when he first went to Miami. And now we want him out of all players to continue to win championships?

Sorry but I don't think Lebron has proven anything in this league. He never brought a championship on his own to his team. He may have been the best player on a team of superstars, but never the player that brought home a championship!!! Who did Jordan play with....Pippen? Kerr? Harper? Cartwright? Imagine if Jordan in his time played with 2 of the better players in the league? How many championships would he have had? Imagine Jordan, Malone and Bird on the same team? I would say that is close to Lebron, Wade and Bosh? Or Lebron, Kyrie and Love?

Give me a break. Lebron isn't close to the best player of all time and never will be. Not how he coattails to championships with his super teams all the time.

LeBron didn't start that trend, he just gave into it like KD did. The Celtics with Garnett/Allen and Pierce were the 1st 3 I've witnessed doing it since I became a fan of basketball. You're acting like Jordan didn't have a big 3 to win championships or Kobe or any top player for that matter.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018

We can agree to disagree and that is fine. But i do get what you are saying in Miami. But in Cleveland in his prime in his 2nd stint no one can make that argument. He defeated KD, Curry, Clay and Green all on his own. My point was even MJ could not have accomplished that one. He did not have a complete game to beat that team. I don't want to get into who is best LeBron or MJ as both are all time greats. Both would make my top 5 all time NBA list.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
LeBron didn't start that trend, he just gave into it like KD did. The Celtics with Garnett/Allen and Pierce were the 1st 3 I've witnessed doing it since I became a fan of basketball. You're acting like Jordan didn't have a big 3 to win championships or Kobe or any top player for that matter.

Your right Garnett, Pierce, Allen started it. Hence the reason they don't get much credit for their careers either. Garnett, Pierce and Allen couldn't do nothing with their franchises (Minnesota, Millwakee, and Boston) alone. Hence why they needed to come together to get that elusive ring. Lebron did the same thing. He couldn't do much of anything in Cleveland alone, formed his mega team in Miami. Those three got their rings, even though Wade got one on his own with a declining Shaq earlier in his career. And tried to do the same in Cleveland when he went back. And now doing the same in LA trying to do something again. Lebron has players right now on the Lakers that are not scrubs. Some good young talent. He couldn't do anything with them. Should tell you something.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
He's probably passed Bron Bron

Durant/Kawhi are 1 A 1 B imo

Hard to tell about Bron because playoff Bron is the only Bron that matters and we haven't seen that Bron in a while. But he's getting older so probably accurate and since Durant might be gone for some time, for now it's Kawhi sitting on the throne all by himself IMO.

Don't kid yourself if KD was healthy this was a 4 game sweep.

:facepalm:

Both the Clippers and Roclets won multiple games against GS with KD but you think the Raps would have gotten swept? The Raptors are a very good basketball team and deserve a ton of respect. If you can't appreciate them for what they are then it's your loss, you're the one that's missing out on what a very special team is doing right in front of you.

That's your opinion, mine is that it's impossible to say definitively who the GOAT but there's definitely a very good argument to be made for Bron. In the modern era, for me the top 3 are Bron, MJ and Kareem and the order depends on what exactly your criteria is, whether you value peak performance or longevity more etc.

Reactions: HockeyThoughts

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
We can agree to disagree and that is fine. But i do get what you are saying in Miami. But in Cleveland in his prime in his 2nd stint no one can make that argument. He defeated KD, Curry, Clay and Green all on his own. My point was even MJ could not have accomplished that one. He did not have a complete game to beat that team. I don't want to get into who is best LeBron or MJ as both are all time greats. Both would make my top 5 all time NBA list.

Didn't Lebron have Love and Kyrie when they beat GS?? I wouldn't call that single handedly. Especially when both of those players averaged 20+ points along with Lebron throughout the playoffs in 2016.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Hard to tell about Bron because playoff Bron is the only Bron that matters and we haven't seen that Bron in a while. But he's getting older so probably accurate and since Durant might be gone for some time, for now it's Kawhi sitting on the throne all by himself IMO.

:facepalm:

Both the Clippers and Roclets won multiple games against GS with KD but you think the Raps would have gotten swept? The Raptors are a very good basketball team and deserve a ton of respect. If you can't appreciate them for what they are then it's your loss, you're the one that's missing out on what a very special team is doing right in front of you.

That's your opinion, mine is that it's impossible to say definitively who the GOAT but there's definitely a very good argument to be made for Bron. In the modern era, for me the top 3 are Bron, MJ and Kareem and the order depends on what exactly your criteria is, whether you value peak performance or longevity more etc.

If we are talking modern era Kareem isn't even in the discussion. Its a 3 way race between MJ, Lebron, and Kobe. Simple. That's the top 3 and it can be debated in which order like you said. The only consistent in my eyes is Kobe is #3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->