Raptors Discussion: V83 | Next game : Jun 10, 9pm ET/6pm PT | RAPTORS LEAD SERIES 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
ESPN's front page just pretending this game never happened.

1.png

2.png

Reactions: hamzarocks

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
The Raptors have given me what the Leafs couldn't in the last 50 odd years!! Great feelings. How crazy is it the blue jays have won championships coming in as a new team and now looks like the Raptors will do the same. Wake up Leafs it gets embarrassing. Babcock that's how you win, great coaches know how to adjust and they know how to use their players in certain situations. Learn from Nurse but that can't happen if your stubborn and have an ego. Well coached Nurse. Coach of the year?

It's too bad the young core players on the Leafs have bigger egos than the logo on the front of their jerseys..."overpay me or else!!!" Sadly, I don't see the Leafs team winning anything with the way the team is built and the attitudes with some of these young players.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008

Great to see...but I was shocked to see some of the Warriors fans lining up and scooting for the exit with 1 and a half minutes left in the game...Curry was taking his foul shot then and I think he looked from side to side a bit and saw some of the fans exiting...he must be disappointed.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
It's too bad the young core players on the Leafs have bigger egos than the logo on the front of their jerseys..."overpay me or else!!!" Sadly, I don't see the Leafs team winning anything with the way the team is built and the attitudes with some of these young players.

Maybe the Raps just have a much better coach that is creative, willing to adapt quickly and doesnt play favorites.

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017

It's too bad the NHL has a hard cap that makes it so we give a shit about what they get paid. It's the NHL that is greedy, not the players. For the money that these franchises make all the NHL stars easily deserve double-digit aav.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
The Raptors have given me what the Leafs couldn't in the last 50 odd years!! Great feelings. How crazy is it the blue jays have won championships coming in as a new team and now looks like the Raptors will do the same. Wake up Leafs it gets embarrassing. Babcock that's how you win, great coaches know how to adjust and they know how to use their players in certain situations. Learn from Nurse but that can't happen if your stubborn and have an ego. Well coached Nurse. Coach of the year?
I hope Babcock is taking notes. Nurse is a genius when it comes to your in game adjustments and player deployment compared to the arrogant cocky Babcock. You play Auston, your Kwahi, till he drops in a big game 7. Elite players respond, they pick up their faltering team when down. But Babcock has to give him a shot. Without Babcock, we would have had 2 championship teams in Toronto.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON

There are enough threads on this board to whine about the Leafs without polluting the Raptors thread.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Maybe the Raps just have a much better coach that is creative, willing to adapt quickly and doesnt play favorites.

They also have Kawhi Leonard, a top 3 player in the league and best player in these playoffs, and a GM that knows how to make the team better and when to trade players...not "we can and and we will", then proceeded to overpay and buckle with the contract demands of his young players. Is Matthews a top 3 player in the league...why is he being paid like one? He gave no concessions to the Leafs on his 5 year contract, nothing, natta, and Marner is heading that way too...these guys don't love the Leafs enough, they are greedy...they want the good life in Toronto and the overpayments too, but haven't even won a dang playoff round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad