Raptors Discussion: V83 | Next game : Jun 10, 9pm ET/6pm PT | RAPTORS LEAD SERIES 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Frustrating game last night for sure, but no need to be worried. I believe this team can take a game at Oracle!

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
If Thompson is forced to play with a nagging injury moving forward, that could be pivotal. He singlehandedly kept the Warriors within striking distance in the first half last night.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
You have to minimize their runs by at least making some buckets at the other end. In the 3rd Q, they couldn't hit a shot. That hurt a lot more than the buckets made at our end.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
I dont think so. The defense in the 3rd completely fell apart. Focused way too much on Curry and the Warriors just cut to the basket for easy layups. Plus it felt like golden state just kept getting alley oops whenever they wanted. Obviously wanna make a shot, but they made it way too easy for GS to score.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I dont think so. The defense in the 3rd completely fell apart. Focused way too much on Curry and the Warriors just cut to the basket for easy layups. Plus it felt like golden state just kept getting alley oops whenever they wanted. Obviously wanna make a shot, but they made it way too easy for GS to score.

Possibly the foul trouble had something to do with it.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
The third was just flat all over. Defense, offense, nothing was going for the team. Nurse has to make adjustment and someone needs to take command on the floor sooner.

Runs by GS are inevitable, the Raps just need to do their best to stop the bleeding and then re-find themselves.

Clark4Ever

Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Another thing - and I'm by no means blaming the loss on this, but the officiating was absolutely atrocious at times last night.

Even the U.S. network called out the officials for one of their ridiculous blocking foul calls in favor of Curry.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
A 1 or 2 year extension would make him eligible to sign a super max after, right?

I believe so.

It makes sense for him. Staying in the East for another run with Lowry/Gasol/Siakam etc is probably his best chance of winning next season. Plus, I think he'd prefer the Lakers to the Clippers, and 2 years gives them some time to get that gong show in order and would allow him to come in as the heir apparent to Lebron.

Last edited:

Clark4Ever

Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I believe so.

It makes sense for him. Staying in the East for another run with Lowry/Gasol/Siakam etc is probably his best chance of winning next season. Plus, I think he'd prefer the Lakers to the Clippers as well, and 2 years gives them some time to get that gong show in order and come in as the heir apparent to Lebron.

It might be better for our organization as well. It's a risk giving maximum term at max dollars to Kawhi at this stage of his career. He is not as durable as he used to be.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I would be ok resigning Kwahi to 2-3 year extension. Its in line with what we have signed on our roster. Gasol, Ibaka and Lowry all have one more year left on their contracts. They go for one more run with this core, and if it doesn't work let the 3 walk and use their money to retool around Kwahi for another 2 more seasons. He should be able to convince some to come and play with him for a couple of seasons.

Its a win win.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I would be ok resigning Kwahi to 2-3 year extension. Its in line with what we have signed on our roster. Gasol, Ibaka and Lowry all have one more year left on their contracts. They go for one more run with this core, and if it doesn't work let the 3 walk and use their money to retool around Kwahi for another 2 more seasons. He should be able to convince some to come and play with him for a couple of seasons.

Its a win win.

Just OK? Sounds like a dream come true to me.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada

Its a win win.

I started to think this was the best scenario for all involved a few months ago. One more year with the present group (and some cheap veteran additions) and then the team has the flexibility to re-tool around Kawhi and Pascal.

Kawhi has to be looking at the East and thinking some short term stability while the vortex that is Golden State gets sorted out.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
We literally lost this game in like a 7 minute period in 1 quarter. Kinda sad but that's been a theme these playoffs where we lost games we should've won. 1st 3 series we should've won in 5 games imo. On the bright side I still like our chances to win this series. Also, I hope the league does something next season about what Curry has been doing where he jumps in front of a defender. Need to get rid of these fouls where players aren't even looking to make baskets anymore nowadays because they are just trying to draw fouls instead. Someone on the American feed said that yesterday after Thompson got hurt. Said he kicks his legs out to try and draw a foul and landed awkwardly and injured himself.

About the concession stand though, must be nice having a private box where food is delivered to you and you don't have to stand in line with thousands of people.

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
I’m getting tired of all the GS players acting like they work so hard to be in the finals and that them winning is the same as any other team winning.

Cousins is the new one, saying that he’s “worked so hard to get to this position”. Umm, no you didn’t buddy. You joined a 73 win, 3 time championship team for less than a quarter of your worth, and then sat out more than half of the season and playoffs. You’ve taken the easy way out, just like Durant, and have gone through far less than any other championship team.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
We literally lost this game in like a 7 minute period in 1 quarter. Kinda sad but that's been a theme these playoffs where we lost games we should've won. 1st 3 series we should've won in 5 games imo. On the bright side I still like our chances to win this series. Also, I hope the league does something next season about what Curry has been doing where he jumps in front of a defender. Need to get rid of these fouls where players aren't even looking to make baskets anymore nowadays because they are just trying to draw fouls instead. Someone on the American feed said that yesterday after Thompson got hurt. Said he kicks his legs out to try and draw a foul and landed awkwardly and injured himself.

About the concession stand though, must be nice having a private box where food is delivered to you and you don't have to stand in line with thousands of people.

Or you could go without stuffing your face. Usually, when I go to a sporting event, I grab something on the way to my seat and that's it. Unless I absolutely need to go to the washroom, I don't leave my seat until the game is over.

Reactions: MsMeow
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad