Raptors Discussion: v80|Conf Finals | vs Mil | Game 4: Tue, May 21 | 8:30pm ET/5:30pm PT| Bucks lead 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
Hopefully, Kawhi can recover a little bit. Going to need more from him on the road hes delivered all playoffs so im expecting nothing different.

Reactions: ktownhockey

ClarkSittler

Mar 25, 2014
What a great game to watch, got better the longer it went. Raps with an amazing effort, really hope they can take that with them to Milwaukee and we see the same in Game 5.

Have a feeling Thursday night will be a war, really hoping we take a close one. Would be the farthest we've ever made it in a season.

Plat87

Nov 22, 2018
Great game by the Raptors, controlled the majority of the game. I hope Kawhi is good to go for game 5

Giuseppe Sallo

ELE-VAT-ED
Apr 20, 2007
Back to L.A
twitter.com
Bench was the difference, need the same energy. Bucks look a step off, nurse might have figured them out.

Funny, someone here predicted Raps would get blown out first two games (oops!), only to win the next four. Maybe, just maybe. Lol!

Last edited:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
After all Kawhi has done it get the Raptors to this position, it was great to see everyone step up on a night where he clearly wasnt 100%. Game 5 will be tough but if they can play like they did for most of Game 1 (Making open shots and playing tight defense) then they have a good shot.

Reactions: Giuseppe Sallo

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
Love the way the Blues and Bruins play. The Blues beat the crap out of everyone they faced. Wore them right down.

Schennanigans

Dec 26, 2008
Etobicoke, on
Unreal effort last nite from the whole team. If they had that consistency from the bench or even half as good we wouldn’t have to depend on Leonard so much.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
It really was a great team effort last night. Leonard not as effective offensively but was still a beast on defense. Really the whole team played incredible defense last night. Hustle everywhere.

Powell has been a big difference maker these last two games. He brings an edge that Green just doesn't seem to have. Green's has been fine on defense, but huge struggles on offense.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
That was an illusion, they really had 0 chance to win that series.

LeBron basically lived at EFS that series. Before Game 5 Luis Scola said something to the effect of 'I don't think they've started trying yet' which I remember thinking was both a very weird thing to say and a very bad sign.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Lowry and Powell are the only holdovers from the 2016 ECF when the Raps stormed back against the Cavs only to lose the series 4-2. Hopefully they remember that well and don't take their foot off the gas heading into game 5.
Sorry but Cleveland let them win those games imo. Cleveland would have had something like 10 days off between series and would have rolled into the finals most likely being rusty for that first game. Cleveland swept the first 2 rounds an were well on their way to sweeping the raptors. All 4 of Cleveland's wins were blowouts.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I’m glad we’re at this point.

Even if Kawhi leaves, it’s hard to be disappointed.

However, we can beat the Bucks.

As I said after Game 2, you don’t have control of a series until you win a game on the road. We failed to do it, and then the Bucks failed to do it.

Let’s f***ing win Game 5, and bring it back to Toronto with a chance to advance

Reactions: fahad203 and MsMeow

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
I have a scientist friend that doesn't bother marketing himself at all, in fact he just took down his website. He developed and sold a cold laser, that had additional Tesla frequencies and Tesla tech attached to it.

It penetrates six times deeper than any other laser in the world. If I laser myself for ten minutes, I can go for a ten mile run and do a gym workout.

If I don't laser myself, I can barely walk.

I would love to get to Kawhi Leonard right about now. Cause that dudes leg is NOT right.

But he still along with Ibaka and Gasol and Green smoked Giannis. The combo of Leonards in the face defence, accompanied by the boys smoking Giannis and taking fouls, making him shoot free throws, threw that kid right off.

Additionally, the first time they really took him down hard, I think he got hurt as well, he was never the same after that first hard take down.

Amazing strategy, one that I cannot believe it took till game four for Nurse to employ. But at least he figured it out .

What is going to be interesting is, what does Milwaukee do, to combat this?

They definitely have figured out that by swarming Leonard and cutting off his whirling dervish moves, they can take away quite a few points from him.

I dunno, its quite a series. Game five should be a great one.

Can Lowry keep this up? This is one of the greatest playoff performances by a guard I have ever seen.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
If Bud is smart he doesn't do much. Give Hill a few more minutes and that's it.

Milwaukee is still in a good spot here. Its one of the illusions of how Games 3 and 4 were ordered - if the two results were swapped everyone would say the Raps were fatiguing and Milwaukee is in great shape. Similar to how Game 1/2 went (and Nurse correctly stuck with his lineup and just gave Powell more minutes).

When the schedule dropped I thought Games 2/5 were schedule losses, mostly because of how tough it is to maintain consistent defensive intensity for more than a couple games in a row. Still think tomorrow is a good spot for Milwaukee but at least the Raps got a bit of rest and maybe Bud does something stupid.

One thing the Raptors have done really, really well is cut down on the open 3's throughout the series. Milwaukee had 34 in game 1 (shot an awful 23% on them), 30 in game 2, 20 in game 3 and 15 yesterday. Would expect that to bump back up a bit with the Bucks back at home but that's a very good trend.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Milwaukee is still in a good spot here. Its one of the illusions of how Games 3 and 4 were ordered - if the two results were swapped everyone would say the Raps were fatiguing and Milwaukee is in great shape. Similar to how Game 1/2 went (and Nurse correctly stuck with his lineup and just gave Powell more minutes).

When the schedule dropped I thought Games 2/5 were schedule losses, mostly because of how tough it is to maintain consistent defensive intensity for more than a couple games in a row. Still think tomorrow is a good spot for Milwaukee but at least the Raps got a bit of rest and maybe Bud does something stupid.

One thing the Raptors have done really, really well is cut down on the open 3's throughout the series. Milwaukee had 34 in game 1 (shot an awful 23% on them), 30 in game 2, 20 in game 3 and 15 yesterday. Would expect that to bump back up a bit with the Bucks back at home but that's a very good trend.

I dunno about that. Series tied 2-2, they're in OK shape maybe but the Raptors have showed that they're more than capable of beating them even with Kawhi at 60% or whatever. Not sure how confident I could possibly be right now if I was a Bucks fan.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Hopefully, Kawhi can recover a little bit. Going to need more from him on the road hes delivered all playoffs so im expecting nothing different.

He produced a defensive rating of 95, the only player with a sub 100 on the night, with 4 steals and 2 blocks...some of y’all are wild.

Love the way the Blues and Bruins play. The Blues beat the crap out of everyone they faced. Wore them right down.

It’s nice, if also a little strange, that people are still watching hockey. Good for you.

I agree, and I think highly of Bud and believe he’ll relay that message to his team.

That said...given that most if not all of their personnel are here for the first time (compared to the experienced raptors), a little lemon booty might kick in.

Game 5 is the series, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad