Raptors Discussion: v78| It's playoff time | Rd 1 vs ORL | Gm3: Fri 4/19 7pm ET/4pm PT | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
What are the chances that Masai bolts if he can't get Kawhi to sign? Do you think he wants do another rebuild?
It's not like the NHL where there needs be a "Rebuild".

The Raps have built up an extremely good & attractive program with a loyal fanbase.

If Kawhi leaves, its likely one mediocre year where you get assets for Gasol, Ibaka & Lowry, and then try to get a couple of max contracts in UFA in 2020 when you have names like Lillard, Beal, Drummond, Freak & Oladipo.

Masai isn't going anywhere.

Reactions: stickty111

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
KD comes away from that looking awful. Like, I get it that the media asks dumb questions a lot of the time, but about the only way he could've handled that worse would've been if he had leapt over the podium and actually made a move to strangle the reporter.

He should probably take his own advice and "grow up"

Tiim and Sid had a good take, if he just came out and said "I'm not talking about that" every time that question came up, eventually they're going to stop asking for it. Let them make up their own stories. But it seems to me he wanted that attention. There's no other explanation for that to me

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Starters RPM (min 28mpg)

Lowry 4.75 (#3 PG)
Green 3.68 (#2 SG)
Kawhi 2.91 (#4 SF)
Siakam 3.33 (#3 PF)
Gasol 3.10 (#6 C)

Backups

Fred 1.10 (#5 PG)

That's a lot of top-5s.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Tiim and Sid had a good take, if he just came out and said "I'm not talking about that" every time that question came up, eventually they're going to stop asking for it. Let them make up their own stories. But it seems to me he wanted that attention. There's no other explanation for that to me

The dumb thing is that he was the one that brought up the knicks and porzingis. He brought up and made a point of eviscerating that author he had a problem with. All the first guy asked him was if there was a reason he hadn't talked to the media for a week. And then he went off and looked remarkably petty.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Shouldn't we be resting Lowry as much as Kawhi? Lowry is the one most in need of time to heal with his lingering back issue.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Playoffs Starting Lineup last year ----> new starting lineup

Jonas 24.4mpg, 0.3bpm -----> Gasol
Ibaka 26.0mpg, -2.5bpm -----> Siakam
OG 23.8mpg, 1.8bpm ----------> Kawhi
Demar 35.4mpg, -4.1bpm ---> Green
Lowry 36.1mpg, 3.9bpm ------> Lowry

Reactions: stickty111

Giuseppe Sallo

ELE-VAT-ED
Apr 20, 2007
Back to L.A
twitter.com
What are the chances that Masai bolts if he can't get Kawhi to sign? Do you think he wants do another rebuild?

I think Ujiri will step down, he will be the fall guy if the raps dont go to finals/win title -- and he's grooming Bobby Web. Pretty obvious.

IMO, Masai has done a fine job considering we still have pieces for rebuild and a potential stud in Siakim. But I hate that Klow wasn't traded, he's damn inconsistent.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I think Ujiri will step down, he will be the fall guy if the raps dont go to finals/win title -- and he's grooming Bobby Web. Pretty obvious.

IMO, Masai has done a fine job considering we still have pieces for rebuild and a potential stud in Siakim. But I hate that Klow wasn't traded, he's damn inconsistent.

He'll step down from president? When he signed a multiyear extension back in 2016, 3 years into his 5 year deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->