Raptors Discussion: v78| It's playoff time | Rd 1 vs ORL | Gm3: Fri 4/19 7pm ET/4pm PT | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
With Markieff Morris off the market, I think our playoff rotation is close to set
Sure, someone like Tolliver or Deng could be bought out and signed but they're players who would be getting spot minutes at best in the playoffs

Lowry/Lin/FVV
Green/Powell
Leonard
Siakam/OG
Gasol/Ibaka

At this point, we're really banking on OG having a strong last third of the season because he's going to be getting a lot of minutes in the playoffs

When FVV comes back, it'll be interesting to see how minutes get distributed between Lin/FVV/Powell. I think we'll be seeing at least 3-5 minutes/game of Gasol/Ibaka as a frontcourt (even though I don't like it) so OG may see more of his minutes as a backup 3. That domino effect may mean that one of Lin/FVV/Powell will see their minutes cut into as they'll be fighting for minutes at the backup 1 and 2.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Markieff was never coming here because of the low utilization off the bench he would have received. I think if he was made available, Jeff Green from the Wiz would make a good addition. We saw how he stretched the floor with LBJ in the playoffs nailing down long-range J's on us... guy like that would also help Kawhi with more options when teams swarm and collapse on him like we anticipate they will come playoff time.

IceColdBear

Apr 5, 2016
I'm looking forward to Demar's return to the city - I'm a little surprised there hasn't really been talk about it here recently.

I've criticized his game at times, but there's no doubting his authenticity, his love of the city, and the work he put in to improving his game. He is clearly, in my opinion, the greatest Raptor of all time.

There's going to be some feels on Friday, I've noticed my living room's been getting a little dusty and I don't think I'm going to clean it until Saturday.

Last edited:

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I'm looking forward to Demar's return to the city - I'm a little surprised there hasn't really been talk about it here recently.

I've criticized his game at times, but there's no doubting his authenticity, his love of the city, and the work he put in to improving his game. He is clearly, in my opinion, the greatest Raptor of all time.

There's going to be some feels on Friday, I've noticed my living room's been getting a little dusty and I don't think I'm going to clean it until Saturday.

He has been a good player for us, but he is not the greatest Raptor of all time. It's obvious that Kyle Lowry has been the straw that stirs the drink the whole time. Kyle is ahead of DD. You'll see what Kyle Lowry does in the playoffs when he has a legit top 5 player in the NBA alongside him instead of Demar. If I was picking a team, I would pick Kyle ahead of Demar. Kyle is the best Raptor of all time. DD is a good player, good person, but I was never a fan of his game.

Last edited:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
He has been a good player for us, but he is not the greatest Raptor of all time. It's obvious that Kyle Lowry has been the straw that stirs the drink the whole time. Kyle is ahead of DD. You'll see what Kyle Lowry does in the playoffs when he has a legit top 5 player in the NBA alongside him instead of Demar. If I was picking a team, I would pick Kyle ahead of Demar. Kyle is the best Raptor of all time. DD is a good player, good person, but I was never a fan of his game.
Its no contest honestly, Kyle>Demar.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Boston is totally useless to Toronto. Celtics can't win when we want them to, and the Bruins can't lose when we want them too. I was hoping we would have a chance to tie Milwaukee tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->