Raptors Discussion: v78| It's playoff time | Rd 1 vs ORL | Gm3: Fri 4/19 7pm ET/4pm PT | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
The emergence of Siakam is going to make what may be a tough off-season, much easier to handle. That kid has superstar written all over him.
before the season i thought if kawhi walked after this year we would be in full rebuild mode for at least 3 years, with OG and pascal im changing my mind. and OHHHH the cap space we gonna have.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
with how big the greek community is here i really do think we have a shot at giannis when his deal is up..might be wishful thinking but im a believer! just watch that video from last january where all the greek fans stayed around to sing to him in greek lol

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
with how big the greek community is here i really do think we have a shot at giannis when his deal is up..might be wishful thinking but im a believer! just watch that video from last january where all the greek fans stayed around to sing to him in greek lol

Giannis will stay in Milwaukee for a long time. Seems to love it there and he'll be able to attract star players there which we've already seen with AD saying he would've signed a new deal if he was traded there. It would be nice to have him though for sure.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Giannis will stay in Milwaukee for a long time. Seems to love it there and he'll be able to attract star players there which we've already seen with AD saying he would've signed a new deal if he was traded there. It would be nice to have him though for sure.

It has been suggested by insiders that this Milwaukee rumor was just a smokescreen to deflect tampering accusations against Rich Paul. It makes sense since Milwaukee didn't even have the pieces to make such a deal, so it was little more than lip service.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
that was a helluva game. so much fun.

and sure, it's nice to see Pascal kill it as a first option, but really he's been elite all year so it's no surprise.

what was more encouraging for me was seeing OG be a 2-way force for the first time this year. that's what got us excited about him last year. forgot he had it in him.

and it was pretty seeing kyle and lin work off ecah other, too.

Reactions: donghabs98

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC

If he ever did sign, it would be likely the result of Masai and their preexisting relationship.

Little to do with the Greek community, though I’m sure he appreciates the support.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
BBall Index@The_BBall_Index
There's no perfect defender in our data that has A grades in both Perimeter and Interior Defense.

There are, however, 5 players with at least A-'s in both categories:

Giannis Antetokounmpo
Pascal Siakam
Otto Porter
Draymond Green
Larry Nance

Minimum 1,000 minutes played

Whom are you giving the ball when it gets to crunch time?

Here are the only 5 players this season with A grades in our One on One, Finishing, and Playmaking metrics:

Kevin Durant
Pascal Siakam
LeBron James
Bradley Beal
Blake Griffin

It looks like Siakam has a bright future.

Only 4 NBA players this season have A- or better grades in both Playmaking and Perimeter Defense metrics, and have played 1,500+ minutes:

Paul George
Pascal Siakam
Jrue Holiday
Mike Conley

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
Siakam (aka Spicy P) dropping 44 points in less than 33 minutes. What a beast he is turning out to be.

So glad they kept Lowry as well, as you could see him showing Lin the ropes today, not to mention telling Nurse to give Siakam a curtain call at the end. His back is definitely a question-mark in terms of going deep in the playoffs, but this guy is the best floor general Toronto has had, ever.

Sorry, had to fix that for ya. ;)

Reactions: Hadoop

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
Siakam (aka P Spice) dropping 44 points in less than 33 minutes. What a beast he is turning out to be.

So glad they kept Lowry as well, as you could see him showing Lin the ropes today, not to mention telling Nurse to give Siakam a curtain call at the end. His back is definitely a question-mark in terms of going deep in the playoffs, but this guy is the best floor general Toronto has had, ever.

Leading up the trade deadline, Lowry had noticeably been playing like crap and not with the same passion he's known for. Since the acquisitions of Gasol and now Lin, you can see the difference in his demeanor. He appears to be re-energized. A happy and productive Lowry can only pay dividends for the Raps heading down the stretch.

Reactions: stickty111

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
There's no perfect defender in our data that has A grades in both Perimeter and Interior Defense.

There are, however, 5 players with at least A-'s in both categories:

Giannis Antetokounmpo
Pascal Siakam
Otto Porter
Draymond Green
Larry Nance

Minimum 1,000 minutes played

Whom are you giving the ball when it gets to crunch time?

Here are the only 5 players this season with A grades in our One on One, Finishing, and Playmaking metrics:

Kevin Durant
Pascal Siakam
LeBron James
Bradley Beal
Blake Griffin

It looks like Siakam has a bright future.

Only 4 NBA players this season have A- or better grades in both Playmaking and Perimeter Defense metrics, and have played 1,500+ minutes:

Paul George
Pascal Siakam
Jrue Holiday
Mike Conley

see why Masai went after Conley now.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
If he ever did sign, it would be likely the result of Masai and their preexisting relationship.

Little to do with the Greek community, though I’m sure he appreciates the support.

It can be two things!

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: Diamond Joe Quimby

horner

May 22, 2007
And since Masia was directly involved in helping his family to migrate from Nigeria to Greece.
He may have a incredible connection to Masia.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I don't know why but I feel that Kwahi is staying in Toronto. I have noticed more emotion from him over the past couple of weeks on the bench and the floor. He seems more in tune with what Toronto is trying to do. I feel he appreciates the way the club has treated him. And the moves at the deadline where Masai showing to Kwahi he is committed to winning. The organization is committed to winning.

We have one of the best fan bases in all of basketball. Lebron said it himself. If there was only a way to cut bait on some other players and bring in another big name to entice him further to stay.

Maybe ship out Ibaka and Powell some place to free up space to take a run at someone like Durant or Butler to pair with him, Lowry and Gasol. That would be one heck of a lineup

Lowry
Leonard
Siakam
Gasol
Durant

OR

Lowry
Butler
Leonard
Gasol
Siakam

Status