Raptors Discussion: v78| It's playoff time | Rd 1 vs ORL | Gm3: Fri 4/19 7pm ET/4pm PT | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

horner

May 22, 2007
A question for the knowledgeable basketball fans .
Antetokounmpo is a ufa 2021
I hear that masai ujiri has a strong connection to this player.
Masai helped his family migrate to greece
Masai tried to trade with OKC to acquire there pick in 2013
Do you think the raptors have a chance to sign this player.
I guess you can dream

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
There are several media reports that the Raps are one of three teams in on Morris. He would really round out our bench nicely.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
I guess you can dream

If he hits the market Masai will be on him. Would help to lure him if you had Kawhi and Siakam locked up. But as of now he has no reason to leave, on one of the best teams in the league. Shouldn’t be a reason for the Bucks to keep it up.

When can Lin officially sign? Any chance it'll be before the game against Washington?

They said by the “end of the week.” I guess 48 hours from his official buyout.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Do we have any info on who is likely to take the final few spots?
Any chance we see any more buyouts like a Jordan or Lopez?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Do we have any info on who is likely to take the final few spots?
Any chance we see any more buyouts like a Jordan or Lopez?

It seems like perhaps the Raptors want to keep the 15th spot open. For now there's talk that they're in the running for Markieff Morris, but that's it. He has a short-list of interested teams beyond the Raptors.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC

Lmao savage.

I guess you can dream

Yes. If one was to get Masai in an honest moment, his plans (outside of the championship run this year) revolve around Giannis in 2021. People think LeBron is tampering; Masai is conducting a Michael Corleone-esque long play.

Reactions: al secord

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Curious what you guys think.

Do you think Bosh gets his number retired here? Obviously Carter has to first but I’m curious with what he individually accomplished in seven years if the Raptors would consider it. I lean to no just because the team literally didn’t go anywhere and with the way he left and the things he said...but I was curious what others thought.

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
I guess you can dream

If he left Raptors would be one of the best candidates, but the odds are slim he leaves Milwaukee right now. They have the best record in the league and Giannis is not built like the American stars. He is less likely to look down on a less flashy American market like Milwaukee as a European, and he grew up in poverty which could mean Milwaukee holds a special attachment to him as a home he never had before. Someone like Anthony Davis grew up in a different world with AAU, Kentucky, Team USA, etc. His relationship with players like Kyrie and Lebron goes back a long way. I look for Giannis to sign 200 million extension with Bucks at the first opportunity he gets which is summer 2020

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto

Do you think Bosh gets his number retired here? Obviously Carter has to first but I’m curious with what he individually accomplished in seven years if the Raptors would consider it. I lean to no just because the team literally didn’t go anywhere and with the way he left and the things he said...but I was curious what others thought.

No chance

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008

I say no, there are players worse than Bosh who've been retired (ie Mavs just did Derek Harper, who was kind of their Mike Conley) but at 7 years and with 3 total playoff wins I don't think it was enough tenure and accomplishments

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
I say no, there are players worse than Bosh who've been retired (ie Mavs just did Derek Harper, who was kind of their Mike Conley) but at 7 years and with 3 total playoff wins I don't think it was enough tenure and accomplishments
Yeah I only wonder cause we've heard some wild jersey retirements lately (including Bosh in Miami).

Plat87

Nov 22, 2018
If the Raptors get Markieff Morris, assuming he's ready to play, that would seriously bolster the bench and the depth would be pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad