Raptors Discussion: v78| It's playoff time | Rd 1 vs ORL | Gm3: Fri 4/19 7pm ET/4pm PT | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
It's a big concern at how little our main guys actually played together with only 11 games to go before the playoffs. Guys have been in and out all season long, it's unbelievable. There has not been any consistent starting lineup all season long.

Yeah, it was pretty cool all season seeing how Nurse and the team were able to succeed with so many differing lineups.

With 11 to go, it would be REALLY nice to get EVERYONE on the same page.

Weird year that way.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
It should be 5 games at most against any of the lower seeds. How hard is it to win all home games and split the 2 road games? We're supposed to be a NBA finals type team.

I agree, but Brooklyn puts up tons of 3-pt shots, and when they're hot, they can beat anyone because of that.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Why, because they beat us by an average of 2 points over our 3 games? Games where we were missing either Kawhi+ or Lowry+Serge, while they were healthy?

By your logic, we shouldn't have much difficulty beating GSW if we see them in the finals, as we're 2-0 against them, including a road blowout.

At the end of the day, it's still Casey trying to coach in the playoffs. It's a dream matchup and a 5-game series win for us. Brooklyn would likely be a bigger challenge, likely taking us to 6.

no, because they swept us 3 straight games - i don't care what the point spread is, we lost and that is all that matters - if you want to use the excuse like many others that we were missing X and Y and Z so it doesn't matter, then whatever gets you through the night; whether it's brooklyn or detroit, they both will be tough outs IMO; this narrative that once we have our full team we'll destroy them, is just BS; they are both good teams; will we win? sure, we should, but that doesn't mean it's automatic

we know everyone is playing for 2nd place, so don't put words in my mouth about going 2-0 vs the warriors; i never said **** about that

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Judging by the Bucks/Raps schedule there's actually a pretty ok chance the Raps could catch up. I'm guessing 60 wins would actually be the clincher.

Last edited:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Tony Brothers and Westbrook's 3's got that game to OT.
We were the better team throughout.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
no, because they swept us 3 straight games - i don't care what the point spread is, we lost and that is all that matters - if you want to use the excuse like many others that we were missing X and Y and Z so it doesn't matter, then whatever gets you through the night; whether it's brooklyn or detroit, they both will be tough outs IMO; this narrative that once we have our full team we'll destroy them, is just BS; they are both good teams; will we win? sure, we should, but that doesn't mean it's automatic

we know everyone is playing for 2nd place, so don't put words in my mouth about going 2-0 vs the warriors; i never said **** about that

Yea, we should dust them both in 5 once playoff mode Kawhi is activated. Gimme a break, both those teams are ,500 teams and you're concerned about them? If you're concerned about them then forget about Philly and Milwaukee. They maybe good teams, but we are a great team.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Pretty much meaningless games until april 13th.

They're 2 back of the bucks (really 3 with the tiebreaker)

and 4 up on Philly (5 with the tiebreaker)

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Good thing they scrapped that rule that had a division leader guaranteed a top 4 seed. Miami Heat would be 4th place under that old system with a below .500 record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad