Raptors Discussion: v78| It's playoff time | Rd 1 vs ORL | Gm3: Fri 4/19 7pm ET/4pm PT | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
I don't get it. Why did we trade for Gasol if we're only going to give him the JV treatment?? With the Grizz he was averaging 33 mins and 15.7 pts and 8.7 rebs per game and now with the Raps for some inexplicable reason we're only playing him 23 mins and he's putting up 9.5 pts and 6.1 per game. Like WTF?!!

At least give him close to 30 mins and a few more shot attempts so that he can put up something close to what he was doing with the Grizz, otherwise what was the point in trading for him?? :shakehead Only winners from this trade so far is JV and Delon who are getting more minutes to shine and show what they can do. Especially with JV, I'm glad he's doing well with the Grizz so far and that he's away from the Raps who have done nothing but jerk him around while he was here and waste the early part of his career. Lets hope he gets better and better and show the Raps they were wrong about him all this time. :cheer:

Yeah, for me, Gasol has been underwhelming so far; not that he isn't a good player, but for sure, giving up JV for a guy who right now, who isn't putting up the numbers everyone was expecting him to with the Griz, has been disappointing. I expected him to take away Serge's starting spot for good, but if he wasn't brought in to do that and just provide "veteran presence and leadership", we could have run with JV considering what Marc is doing out there on limited minutes and oftentimes with the 2nd unit.

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
Serge suspended for 3, Chriss for 1.

Serge got more for initiating the fight, throwing a punch, plus his history. Chriss got the 1 for throwing a punch.

Both suspensions without pay. This will cost Ibaka $448,000 (US); Chriss will lose $22,000. Seems reasonable.

What kinda stood out to me was the amount for Ibaka. We're actually paying him almost half a million for every 3 games? Nothing against Serge and it's not just in the NBA - it's all sports, but.....
that's ridiculous......

Ball4Lyfe

Jun 18, 2010
Hi all, don't know if this is the right place for this but I have 2 single tickets, one behind another for the last game of the year vs Heat for sale, Sec 305 Row 3/4, Seat 7. $275 for both, saves some of the TM fees...e-transfer or paypal are good. Let me know if there's anyone interested.

Just one ticket left, will sell for $135.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I don't get it. Why did we trade for Gasol if we're only going to give him the JV treatment?? With the Grizz he was averaging 33 mins and 15.7 pts and 8.7 rebs per game and now with the Raps for some inexplicable reason we're only playing him 23 mins and he's putting up 9.5 pts and 6.1 per game. Like WTF?!!

At least give him close to 30 mins and a few more shot attempts so that he can put up something close to what he was doing with the Grizz, otherwise what was the point in trading for him?? :shakehead Only winners from this trade so far is JV and Delon who are getting more minutes to shine and show what they can do. Especially with JV, I'm glad he's doing well with the Grizz so far and that he's away from the Raps who have done nothing but jerk him around while he was here and waste the early part of his career. Lets hope he gets better and better and show the Raps they were wrong about him all this time. :cheer:

Yeah, for me, Gasol has been underwhelming so far; not that he isn't a good player, but for sure, giving up JV for a guy who right now, who isn't putting up the numbers everyone was expecting him to with the Griz, has been disappointing. I expected him to take away Serge's starting spot for good, but if he wasn't brought in to do that and just provide "veteran presence and leadership", we could have run with JV considering what Marc is doing out there on limited minutes and oftentimes with the 2nd unit.
The only winners from this trade are Gasol and the Raptors. He will be the starting centre come playoff time and will be given more minutes.
He will continue to be used more and more, and show the JV fans he is the better player.:hyper:

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
The only winners from this trade are Gasol and the Raptors. He will be the starting centre come playoff time and will be given more minutes.
He will continue to be used more and more, and show the JV fans he is the better player.:hyper:

I hope you're right, because there's only 14 games left in the regular season and they can't just flip a switch to get Marc going like we know he can based on past performance.

Now, if we see Serge in the starting lineup in Game #1 of the first round...

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Mirotic is shooting 41%, Bucks might be regretting the trade.
He can't play defence, and is basically just a 3 point guy.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I hope you're right, because there's only 14 games left in the regular season and they can't just flip a switch to get Marc going like we know he can based on past performance.

Now, if we see Serge in the starting lineup in Game #1 of the first round...

Or they’re simply managing his regular season minutes instead of running him down before the playoffs start. Players routinely flip that switch once the season ends. Even Kawhi has been considering these games as practice until the real ones start.

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
Or they’re simply managing his regular season minutes instead of running him down before the playoffs start. Players routinely flip that switch once the season ends. Even Kawhi has been considering these games as practice until the real ones start.

I hope you're right, but I remember how Nylander was practicing all fall until he got his contract.

Then he got here and needed a whole lot of games to get up to speed. Yeah, I know it's not exactly the same.

So that's kinda my worry w Kawhi in particular. He's well rested, but how well can he flip that switch when he needs to? Especially coming off a 9-game season last year. It's been 24 months since he's played much of a grinding schedule. Gasol will be fine, he's been playing plenty this year.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I hope you're right, but I remember how Nylander was practicing all fall until he got his contract.

Then he got here and needed a whole lot of games to get up to speed. Yeah, I know it's not exactly the same.

So that's kinda my worry w Kawhi in particular. He's well rested, but how well can he flip that switch when he needs to? Especially coming off a 9-game season last year. It's been 24 months since he's played much of a grinding schedule. Gasol will be fine, he's been playing plenty this year.

Leonard will be fine. He has been a beast this season on both sides of the ball.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

Kawhi’s keeping that finals mvp form a secret right now. It’s why we shouldn’t really take any of these regular season losses to heart, and why we’ve kind of always underestimated playoff LeBron. Bucks can take first seed because a playoff Kawhi has the ability to steal road games like a playoff LeBron. Trust the process

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Kawhi’s keeping that finals mvp form a secret right now. It’s why we shouldn’t really take any of these regular season losses to heart, and why we’ve kind of always underestimated playoff LeBron. Bucks can take first seed because a playoff Kawhi has the ability to steal road games like a playoff LeBron. Trust the process

Kawhi is the last person I am worried about come playoffs.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Raps are -10 and Lakers are +375 ML. if you think Lebron might win theres a lot of value in betting them

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
This has not been a very enjoyable season so far. Guys in and out of the lineup, regular season really doesn't mean much, just waiting for the playoffs. It's tough to enjoy it when you're just waiting for the real season to start.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Look at how the Raps are performing with guys constantly in and out of the lineup. This is one of the best franchises in the NBA right now. Period.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Look at how the Raps are performing with guys constantly in and out of the lineup. This is one of the best franchises in the NBA right now. Period.

Nurse deserves a lot of credit for being able to maintain the Raptors level of success despite all the lineup changes. I dont think Casey would have been able to handle it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad