Raptors Discussion: v78| It's playoff time | Rd 1 vs ORL | Gm3: Fri 4/19 7pm ET/4pm PT | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoshouse

Aug 13, 2004
I can see Masai's buyout deadline can go one of two ways; 1) the team finds one or two bench players, but no real difference makers
2) Masai makes some serious moves and finds notable players that aren't known to be hitting the buyout market. Maybe guys like Rose/Crawford + Ariza. How fun would that be? Can dream, right?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
The Wizards brought in Ariza to be part of the solution to the cluster**** that is their locker room. I doubt they're buying him out now.

Also Crawford sucks. I assume you're talking about Jamal Crawford. He's basically 39 at this point and he really hasn't been relevant in about 5 years. And he's getting worse every season that passes.

whoshouse

Aug 13, 2004
The Wizards brought in Ariza to be part of the solution to the cluster**** that is their locker room. I doubt they're buying him out now.

Also Crawford sucks. I assume you're talking about Jamal Crawford. He's basically 39 at this point and he really hasn't been relevant in about 5 years. And he's getting worse every season that passes.

Yeah that's why I said players that arent known to be hitting the buyout market. But there's rumours that Ariza could have been traded or be bought out. Is it unlikely? Sure. I just think there's going to be more notable players hitting the buyout market, that we don't know of, the further we get to March 1st.

You're probably right about Crawford. He's still hitting 81% from the FT line and is averaging 3 assists a game. I'm not sure but I think it'd still rather have a player like him than some of the 10 day contracts the Raps are offering up the last two days. It would be cool, at least if the team brought in players of his ilk is what I'm getting at.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
Blake Murphy's latest piece on the Athletic runs through a lot of the buyout market options.

I'm still in the process of reading it, but the first takeaway is that apparently the Hawks don't plan on buying out anyone on their roster. So any Lin/Carter pipe dreams can pretty much be dashed.

After Miller signing, the candidates for Raptors' remaining...
Lin and his representation will be seeking a buyout per the Athletic.
z3fjsh0l5rf21.png

Reactions: stickty111

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
So Blake Murphy has an article out that we cannot sign anyone to 10 day contracts unless we have 12 full season contracts on the books. Thus, Malcolm Miller and Ben McLemore deals are on hold unless they plan on signing them for the remainder of the season (which I doubt)

It seems to me like Masai have players in mind and is hoping these players get bought out/released however, he may not be able to wait anymore as he has to get to 12 full season contracts soon

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Well, there's one roster spot solved: Chris Boucher has had his two way contract converted into a full multi-year nba contract.

That should put the Raps at 11 contracts.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
Someone on the comments section on The Athletic said they read that Lin is looking for a starter gig (presumably so he can earn himself a better payday in free agency) so I'm not getting my hopes up.
I mean thats what he's saying but i cant think of single playoff team that needs a starting PG?

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Nurse said post game and a few days ago, they fixed something mechanical in Lowry's shot. He thinks this might have been the problem.
He has hit 13 three pointers the last 3 games.

One can only hope. We are not making it to the finals with Lowry shooting 32% from distance. Better it's mechanical than mental too.

Reactions: stickty111

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Things can change but just eagerly looking ahead to the playoffs, I think ideally a 9 man rotation makes sense. 8 man might be a bit too thin and 10 man may be a bit too much.

Our rotation right now

Lowry/FVV
Green/Powell
Leonard/OG
Siakam
Gasol/Ibaka

In a perfect scenario, you sign Markieff Morris to be the backup SF and PF, and as much as I like OG as a person, it bumps him from the rotation (as he's struggled all season). However, you still have that flexibility where OG can still come in and give you spot minutes and potentially even more minutes depending on his performance.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
As in the 5 team no trade list of the final 5 for his services

i think it was his list.

https://www.tsn.ca/report-raptors-w...U3_X0oDpG1LivNmDHE77mfRpAJ0Y00d5qsosEpAyZvMK4

Per ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, Porzingis who met with the Knicks before being acquired by the Mavs on Jan. 31, gave New York a short list of teams that he desired to be traded to, which included the Raptors.

The Brooklyn Nets, Los Angeles Clippers and the Miami Heat were the other teams on the Porzingis list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->