Raptors Discussion: v78| It's playoff time | Rd 1 vs ORL | Gm3: Fri 4/19 7pm ET/4pm PT | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
That felt really satisfying all round. It was nice to see a bounce back offensive performance, plus my god is the Claw unreal.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Leonard was a monster, Lowry did his job too. Gasol hit some big 3s.

The bench was awful, so many open looks and they hit nothing (FVV, powell). These guys need to be able to provide some support for the starting 5.

Plat87

Nov 22, 2018
The Magic got destroyed! great bounce back game, defense was on point, Kawhi was his usual beast self and Lowry played like we know he can. Build on this and take home court advantage back....the Raptors are clearly the better team.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
well duh Tmac lol. If they won the finals it would be pretty stupid to leave the best team in the league.

I think East Finals+ is needed for Kawhi. If Raps lose to Giannis you gotta just tip your cap and come back stronger next year.

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
well duh Tmac lol. If they won the finals it would be pretty stupid to leave the best team in the league.

I think East Finals+ is needed for Kawhi. If Raps lose to Giannis you gotta just tip your cap and come back stronger next year.

Kawhi is so hard to read. I'm really not sure what motivates him, but.....

I think we have to make the ECF to make a good case for keeping him. Losing out to Giannis is a very distinct possibility - Buck led the league and he's a legit contender for the best player in the NBA right now.

I could see him staying here if we make a solid run - he could see it as a personal challenge to beat the Greek Freak.
Or.... he could do some sort of LBJ move and find a team of All-Stars to win it with.
Or.... he could go home to LA, join the Clippers and try to build them up. Kinda like LBJ and the Cavs.

I'm biased, but I think the Raps case is pretty compelling - unless we go out in the 1st or 2nd rounds.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
Kawhi is so hard to read. I'm really not sure what motivates him, but.....

I think we have to make the ECF to make a good case for keeping him. Losing out to Giannis is a very distinct possibility - Buck led the league and he's a legit contender for the best player in the NBA right now.

I could see him staying here if we make a solid run - he could see it as a personal challenge to beat the Greek Freak.
Or.... he could do some sort of LBJ move and find a team of All-Stars to win it with.
Or.... he could go home to LA, join the Clippers and try to build them up. Kinda like LBJ and the Cavs.

I'm biased, but I think the Raps case is pretty compelling - unless we go out in the 1st or 2nd rounds.

Raps case is super compelling but for a guy that's won, there may be higher priorities on his list. Besides, that Clippers team + Kawhi would immediately be a good Western team and if he wants to be in Cali then that's where he'll be. I've not swayed off of the idea he is leaving. If he stays then it'll be a pleasant surprise.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I think that the biggest pull for him will be for his child to grow up in the same system he did, meaning schools and family. The raptors organization has been amazing to him and if he choose to go home it’s not something I could ever hold against him - as opposed to him joining like the warriors or something easy.

Also I can’t be the only one that thinks he would be amazing as a monstar in space jam 2 - imagine one of those monstars with a claw for a hand just running around and harassing everyone lol; kwahi’s dead pan face when missing shots lol

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
Raps case is super compelling but for a guy that's won, there may be higher priorities on his list. Besides, that Clippers team + Kawhi would immediately be a good Western team and if he wants to be in Cali then that's where he'll be. I've not swayed off of the idea he is leaving. If he stays then it'll be a pleasant surprise.

Yup - getting another ring may not top his priorities like it would for so many others.

When I found out he still drives a 23-year-old Tahoe because "it runs, and it's paid off", I realized he really IS different. And I like that about him.

It also makes it impossible to guess what he'll do and why. I did hear he really appreciates the team's approach to his injury thru load management.

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
Tonight, my sister-in-law has invited the extended family over for an early Easter dinner.

Lucky there's nothing else going on tonight.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
I don't get Nurse with some of these rotations man. I think you need at least 2 of Siakam/Leonard/Gasol/Lowry out there at all times. Ibaka should never be out there without Lowry. Him and VanVleet just don;t have the same connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad