Raptors Discussion: v78| It's playoff time | Rd 1 vs ORL | Gm3: Fri 4/19 7pm ET/4pm PT | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
man I'm gonna miss jv. loved him like a baby bro.

but this is a clear upgrade. Gasol is no longer a star but he's a very good 2 way big minute starting beast of a center. jobaka was fun and all but postponing is never as good as the real thing.

just land us some instant wing offense off the bench now and we're good to go.

Reactions: donghabs98

IceColdBear

Apr 5, 2016
Blake Murphy seems to think Kanter might replace Monroe.

I don't see it.

Kanter told the Knicks "play me or get me out of here" after sitting one night, and he would basically only play in case of an injury, or garbage time in Toronto. He averaged 25 minutes a night in New York this season when he did play.

Gasol & Ibaka will be ahead of him on the depth chart at C. Unless we move Ibaka back to the 4, but I wouldn't want to do that with the way he's played at C.

We do need another big, though, as we only really have Siakam, Ibaka & Gasol.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I am not really amused by how many games Kawhi misses, though. Can he all of a sudden play for 2 months straight during playoff time? This is why a sweep in the first round is imperative.

IceColdBear

Apr 5, 2016
I am not really amused by how many games Kawhi misses, though. Can he all of a sudden play for 2 months straight during playoff time? This is why a sweep in the first round is imperative.

There's no back-to-backs in the playoffs, and no extended road trips with lots of travel.

I would rather he ensure he is at 100 % going in to the playoffs than play these fairly meaningless games (although seeding could be important).

Albert Iafrate

Feb 29, 2008
My wish list:

Jeremy Lin
Nik Stauskas
Dewayne Dedmon

Not at all interested in Kanter. Not fast enough for the modern NBA.

And....maybe Vince?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
There's no back-to-backs in the playoffs, and no extended road trips with lots of travel.

I would rather he ensure he is at 100 % going in to the playoffs than play these fairly meaningless games (although seeding could be important).

True, you make good points there. I still think the first round series has to be short in order for them to have a long run.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

He's mostly missing games by design on the part of the trainers and coaching staff. Less "he can't go" and more "they don't want him to because they'd rather keep him ready for the playoffs"

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
We're gonna be f***ing awful in the next 2K game when Leonard walks and Gasol retires. Yikes.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I want to see the Raptors and Hawks one-up the whole Harrison Barnes thing. Mid game announce that Atlanta has bought out Vince Carter and the Raptors sign him. Then he comes out of the tunnel wearing a #15 in black/red and subs into the game for Toronto :sarcasm:

We're gonna be ****ing awful in the next 2K game when Leonard walks and Gasol retires. Yikes.

Yes, because that's what anyone should care about...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad