Raptors Discussion: v78| It's playoff time | Rd 1 vs ORL | Gm3: Fri 4/19 7pm ET/4pm PT | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Chris Bosh opens up about the incident that sealed his Raptors fate - Sportsnet.ca

A nice quick read that shoes Bosh's perspective on being a Raptor.

You still see players re-signing here even despite those "logistical challenges". NBA players just need to be more educated about Toronto and Canada. It's just as good as Boston, NYC, Philly, Chicago, etc. I am also sure those "logistical challenges" are way more annoying when the team sucks. When the team is good, you don't care.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Bosh is a goof. What a bunch of wahwah and blaming others.

imagine thinking John Salmons was the difference :laugh:

Reactions: Plat87

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Curious what you guys think.

Do you think Bosh gets his number retired here? Obviously Carter has to first but I’m curious with what he individually accomplished in seven years if the Raptors would consider it. I lean to no just because the team literally didn’t go anywhere and with the way he left and the things he said...but I was curious what others thought.

Nope. Bosh doesn't really check any of the boxes.

He didn't play long enough with the team, doesn't own the record books, didn't win a boatload of hardware, wasn't part of a significant enough number of iconic franchise moments in both quality and quanitity, isn't a significant fan favorite, and he left on awkward terms that he hasn't helped with some of his stupider comments regarding the team and country since he left (the cable tv nonsense, whining about customs, etc.)

Jerome Williams probably stands a better chance of getting his number retired than Bosh at this point.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Really hoping we sign Morris. Would be a huge pickup and he’ll solidify our team.

Gasol, Lin, Morris, Boucher >>> JV, Delon, CJ, Monroe

Reactions: donghabs98

horner

May 22, 2007

He should just shut his month.
Wow thr toughest thing in life is going through customs.
Will take your money and job any day.
Wow just wow

IceColdBear

Apr 5, 2016
There are definitely draw backs to playing in Canada.

I think the fact that Toronto is one of the biggest, safest, cleanest cities in North America, with great food, night life, music, and arts scenes more than make up for it, though.

Canadian bias aside, I think Toronto would be in or close to the top 10 in terms of places I would want to play if I were an NBA player.

It wouldn't be one of the very most desirable places, but I would prefer Toronto to a lot of the other options. It would be similar to playing in Boston or Philly imo (although the Celtics have a history and pedigree that the Raptors lack).

Last edited:

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Really hoping we sign Morris. Would be a huge pickup and he’ll solidify our team.

Gasol, Lin, Morris, Boucher >>> JV, Delon, CJ, Monroe

My only worry about Morris is if he'll accept a reduced role or turn into a malcontent and destroy team comraderie. Talent wise it's a no brainer, and he adds toughness to the front court beyond Ibaka.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
My only worry about Morris is if he'll accept a reduced role or turn into a malcontent and destroy team comraderie. Talent wise it's a no brainer, and he adds toughness to the front court beyond Ibaka.

I'm sure the player and his agent would have discussions regarding what role and usage that the team had in mind.

IMO, him choosing to sign with the Raptors would indicate he is willing to accept that role.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Oh Chris...

- Chartered flights
- Nexus Pre-clearance
- Instagram\SnapChat followers care not for location
- Tax Accountant

2010 seems like such a long time ago...

While what you are saying is true,,, If the ideas concerning drawbacks of playing in Canada exist among NBA players, that is what matters because those ideas are what they are making their decisions based on, even if they are false.

Reactions: The Shadow

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013

Goof or not, his opinion matters and it makes sense. He was an all star and arguably a franchise player. That holds merit

Surely they can come up with a faster way to get through customs. Having those guys wait that long in customs is ridiculous

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
He should just shut his month.
Wow thr toughest thing in life is going through customs.
Will take your money and job any day.
Wow just wow

It’s not about it being tough

If you had an option to avoid customs and play elsewhere with equal or better chance of winning and possible better tax benefits how could you say no?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Goof or not, his opinion matters and it makes sense. He was an all star and arguably a franchise player. That holds merit

Surely they can come up with a faster way to get through customs. Having those guys wait that long in customs is ridiculous

What do DD and Lowry think about all this? They had no problem re-signing here when they were free agents. Why didn't Demar just go the Lakers if customs and taxes are so tough?

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
I gave you 2 examples of our own all-stars who chose to re-sign here when they had the opportunity to leave.

Ok let’s not argue here. I agree with Bosh on a lot of his points. It makes sense to me

He may be a goof in your opinion but his opinion is very valid. He wasn’t throwing shade at the raps. He was speaking honestly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad