Raptors Discussion: v77| Season of Kawhi III: No Kawhi, no problem -or- the death & rebirth of Kyle Lowry

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
I don't understand why this organization is so high on VanVleet. Does anybody get blown by on a more regular basis? Horrible at getting through screens to open shooters also.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
I don't understand why this organization is so high on VanVleet. Does anybody get blown by on a more regular basis? Horrible at getting through screens to open shooters also.
He's been trash this year for the most part.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I wont get too upset today surprisingly, but there are troubling signs recently with the team.
It could just be the ups and downs of a season.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Demar would get his first triple-double against us.

It's been a tough stretch of games for the group but im going to attribute that to injuries and the inconsistent flow of the lineup that has led to. They will figure it out.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Missing Lowry and JV certainly doesn't help.

Missing JVR is huge, he takes up so much space in the post and creates space as well. Ibaka just cant guard guys like Aldridge. That being said, the Spurs as a whole were far better than the Raptors, guys like Forbes and White were lighting it up and getting free looks, while we worked for everything.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
There aren't many teams that could get by as well as we have with the number of injuries we've had to key starters and rotation players. I don't care if we fall a bit in the standings, as long as we're healthy going into the playoffs, especially Lowry.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
There aren't many teams that could get by as well as we have with the number of injuries we've had to key starters and rotation players. I don't care if we fall a bit in the standings, as long as we're healthy going into the playoffs, especially Lowry.

I am quite confident that this team can win a game 7 on the road against any team in our conference should these injuries cost us 1st place in the East.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
NBA trade rumors: With Kyle Lowry out, Raptors search for playmaking help
Toronto does not have a lot to offer in terms of veteran contributors. C.J. Miles has been a shell of himself lately and is owed $17 million over the next two years. Serge Ibaka started strong but already appears to be running out of gas, as was the case last season. He has a $23 million price tag for next year. Norman Powell has worked his way back into the rotation, but his four-year, $41 million deal figures to be too hefty to be traded.

There’s been chatter about the Raptors pursuing Wizards guard Bradley Beal, but Washington wants two players and two draft picks for him, according to sources.

That would cost the team budding star Pascal Siakam and wing OG Anunoby, plus some filler salary and two future first-round draft picks. The Raptors already owe this year’s pick to the Spurs, and they would have to persuade Washington to take a pick as far out as 2023.
The best possibility would be Minnesota’s Jeff Teague. The Wolves have gotten good production from Derrick Rose and Tyus Jones recently, which could make Teague expendable, though he is not being shopped actively. Teague has been out with an ankle injury, and though he’s still a solid passer, he has been a terrible shooter (38.4 percent from the field) this season. He is also owed $19 million next season. That’s a big investment for a backup guard.

Another route would be to push for one of Dallas’ veteran point guards, J.J. Barea or Devin Harris. Barea has been especially effective as a reserve playmaker this year, but both he and Harris returned to Dallas because they’re comfortable there, and the Mavs would not trade either player without their approval. To get Barea, then, the Raptors would have to convince him to play for a contender, then likely give up a future first-round pick.

Maybe the best option would be to pluck Jeremy Lin from the Hawks. Lin has been solid in coming back after knee surgery, averaging 10.4 points and 3.3 assists in 18.6 minutes, making 38.6 percent of his 3-pointers. That’s a good fit. Plus, he’d be plenty motivated to stick it to the Nets by going from the bottom-dwelling Hawks to a contender.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
There's a dude in line to get into the Fin/Sui wjc game who I swear looks like canadian JV. Maybe this is where he's been when he was supposedly "hurt" :sarcasm:

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Jimmy Buckets gonna Jimmy Buckets

[Wojnarowski] Reporting with @ramonashelburne: Philadelphia’s Jimmy Butler has aggressively challenged coach Brett Brown on All-Star’s role in 76ers offense, complicating an already-tenuous chemistry among team’s Big 3 hierarchy.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
At this point if he doesn’t resign with the 76ers who’s gonna sign butler?

Maybe someone who misses on all their other targets.

Also I think if you could work a deal without including Siakam for Beal you have to consider it right?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I think Toronto still has the inside track to finish 1st place. Milwaukee only played 16 road games, while TO 21. Milwaukee is only 2 games above .500 on the road. They have some tough road games still coming up.

Reactions: Kurtz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->