Raptors Discussion: v76| Season of Kawhi Pt II: All Kawhi, all the time...or most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I want Powell to to do well and have a good a year, but man he's just brainless.

I want him to do well, but it's crazy to think that if he doesn't, the team can absorb him into the depth chart and not miss a beat.

This is what roster flexibility does for a team. Outside of the centers, every single player on this roster can pretty much play at least 2 positions. You could almost just draw names from a hat to build a lineup and chances are it wouldn't suck.

Reactions: Cloned

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
This has to be the best Toronto sports team of my lifetime. Just keep everyone healthy and they've got a great shot at making the finals. There's a massive difference between late game playoff Leonard compared to Derozan, who would probably be benched by the end of the game anyways. Leonard can match or outdo anyone in the East.

Reactions: Eb and Tuggy

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Must say, this is the best Raptors team I seen. By having Green and Kawhi, the Raptors have great D at 2 and 3.

Reactions: Tuggy

horner

May 22, 2007
Having kawihi and green for 1 yr, hopefully longer.
They are going to teach these players about everything they know.
Defence , 3 pt shooting , work ethic and ect.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
They are the best team in the East, no doubt. Definitely shaping up like the best Raptors team we've ever seen. It's early but very impressive.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
They are the best team in the East, no doubt. Definitely shaping up like the best Raptors team we've ever seen. It's early but very impressive.

Um yeah, too early for this. Looking good so far though.

I heard on the radio that 13 Raptors scored a point last night and 12(!!) had an assist. Holy crap! Now I understand that in the playoffs the benches get shortened so this isn't something to get overly excited about but still, super cool!

What I've been dreaming of is a team that can do this - when we have the last possession and need a bucket, we utilize ball movement and trust the open guy to take the shot. Maybe this isn't realistic and it's years of watching Derozan do his thing in this situation making me feel this way, I dunno. Is this a realistic dream or is it a given that your best shooter takes the shot, even is he's double/triple covered?

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.

The crazy thing is that Kawhi is still rounding into form. I give it another few weeks before he is at his peak.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
The crazy thing is that Kawhi is still rounding into form. I give it another few weeks before he is at his peak.

Its scary. It is a revelation to have an actual superstar on the team. Kawhi is a beast, and it seems he has brought the beast out in Lowry too.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Other than Curry and KD, I don't think there's another duo in the league I would take over Kawhi and Lowry for this season. The only other duo in the conversation is CP3 and Harden

With DeRozan gone, I hope Lowry gets appreciated a bit more by Raptors fans
Kawhi is going to show the world why he's at worst a Top 5 player in the league. He's similar to LeBron in that you're surprised by how big he is yet has the incredible skill, work ethic and determination to back it up. Kawhi is the total package.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
It's a small sample size but I think FVV's early struggles highlights how important Delon Wright is to our 2nd unit. They both compliment each other very well.

I think you're seeing FVV overdribble on a ton of possessions when he's the primary ball handler and Lowry isn't with him. FVV isn't a great on ball scorer so getting Wright back will allow FVV to get better looks with the 2nd unit. It goes to show this team isn't close to it's best yet.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I feel like we still need a great 3rd scoring threat to actually have a chance to win.

I don’t know how realistic it would be to get a third option or even who that option could be.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Kawhi and Green changed so much for the Raptors, just the fact that both of them can more than hold their own in the defensive end is allowing the other three to be better defenders.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
So I think the one overlooked positive of trading Derozan and getting Nurse's offensive system in here is that it may allow for Ibaka to actually regain some trade value this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad