Raptors Discussion: v75| Season of Kawhi Part 1: Greatest expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I read his comments today like he's as good as gone after the year, careful words without speaking about the future.

To be fair it's media day and he hasn't been around all of his teammates, fans and probably even some of the staff. I wouldn't expect him to be certain of his future here yet.

Even then I think he confirmed what we all know, if the Raps win and go deep then they'll have a real good shot at getting him to resign.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
To be fair it's media day and he hasn't been around all of his teammates, fans and probably even some of the staff. I wouldn't expect him to be certain of his future here yet.

Even then I think he confirmed what we all know, if the Raps win and go deep then they'll have a real good shot at getting him to resign.

Isn't it funny, though? He will play a big part in whether they go deep or not. It's basketball, after all, his play will dictate how far they go.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I hope he ends up as the go-to interview at the end of games or whatever, because he was fantastic today.

I could envision him embracing that role as he's not shy and very articulate.

I had no idea that he had previous ties to Lowry and Masai. Hopefully that will benefit the chemistry on the team moving forward.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
I really hope Ibaka doesn't start

With Kawhi and Danny added, there seems to be more of an emphasis from the coaching staff for Serge to be more of a force inside than simply a perimeter shooter. Well that's gonna be tough if he's starting next to JV. With Serge looking like he has the lateral quicks of a 70 year old these days, I have no confidence in him guarding opposing PFs.

Also, if Monroe is actually our backup center, it's going to be interesting to see who's the odd man out in the rotation because that's 11 guys. Should be one of CJ or OG or Delon. Ideally, you use the surplus to upgrade your team. AKA Jimmy Butler.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
I had a long write up last night comparing this sitch to the LA Rams in Football. Went from an older, more defensive minded coach (Fisher) to a young, offensive minded genius (McVay) and the results have spoke for themselves. Im not saying anything bad about Casey but I hope the results are the same here.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I am still a little exasperated by the lack of respect the Raps are getting. It seems like no matter what they do with the roster, they are not going to get any respect. Why exactly is Boston the odds on favourite to win the East? Why are they viewed as being better than Toronto? I don't get it. Sure, Kawahi missed most of last season but so did Hayward and even Irving.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
If it's true that Kyle acted that way, then I am just befuddled. He is supposed to be a grown ass man, who is also a professional. You're not supposed to act like a baby when your best friend is traded. I really hope those reports were overblown.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
There seems to be so much drama in pro sports now a days. Moreso then 10-15 years ago. Especially basketball. Quite sickening actually as a sports fan. Overpaid athletes for the most part imo and I realize there are very few that are good enough to make it in pro sports BUT really...

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Kyle Lowry's always been a suck. This is nothing new.

But he overcame his bitchy attitude to become a very good starting point guard for us, so I'm not too concerned.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Kyle Lowry's always been a suck. This is nothing new.

But he overcame his *****y attitude to become a very good starting point guard for us, so I'm not too concerned.

He'll play a couple of games with Leonard and he'll forget about DD. When he will see how much better the team is and he has a real shot at a ring, he will forget all about his best buddy.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
I am still a little exasperated by the lack of respect the Raps are getting. It seems like no matter what they do with the roster, they are not going to get any respect. Why exactly is Boston the odds on favourite to win the East? Why are they viewed as being better than Toronto? I don't get it. Sure, Kawahi missed most of last season but so did Hayward and even Irving.

Because without those players they still out performed us. Respect isn't given and the Raptors have done more to piss it away than earn in if we look at it objectively.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Because without those players they still out performed us. Respect isn't given and the Raptors have done more to piss it away than earn in if we look at it objectively.

I think it will be a tight battle between us, Philly, Boston and Milwaukee. Will we see Milwaukee finally take that next step?

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Not home to check the tv guide for the game so does anyone know what time the games on today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad