Raptors Discussion: v75| Season of Kawhi Part 1: Greatest expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Lowry for Butler? Hmmmmm

Let Butler buy a house here too, and Kyrie would have options on where he’d bunk before he bought his too

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Lowry for Butler? Hmmmmm

Let Butler buy a house here too, and Kyrie would have options on where he’d bunk before he bought his too

Raps wouldn't be able to sign Kyrie unless they got out of a bunch of contracts. Lowry for Butler also doesn't really improve the Raps chances, they need both.

The only viable assets I could see leaving the Raps in a Butler deal is Wright or a future 1st (lotto protected).

Reactions: stickty111

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
Lowry for Butler would be a perfect move to compliment the DeRozan trade. Cut big salary commitments beyond this year by 2. If Kawhi and Butler walk, we start a full rebuild earlier than if we had kept Kyle and DeMar.

If not, Kawhi+Butler >>> Lowry+DeMar

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Lowry for Butler would be a perfect move to compliment the DeRozan trade. Cut big salary commitments beyond this year by 2. If Kawhi and Butler walk, we start a full rebuild earlier than if we had kept Kyle and DeMar.

If not, Kawhi+Butler >>> Lowry+DeMar

No, it's suboptimal. Kawhi+Butler+Lowry >>>>>> what you're considering.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Raps wouldn't be able to sign Kyrie unless they got out of a bunch of contracts. Lowry for Butler also doesn't really improve the Raps chances, they need both.

The only viable assets I could see leaving the Raps in a Butler deal is Wright or a future 1st (lotto protected).

Butler is a bit better than Lowry straight up.

But the other thing is that no bench guy put up more spectacular overall numbers than Fred - good enough that he's likely a good starter. And then Delon also deserves more playing time too.

basically VanV-butler-kawhi is much better than lowry-green-kawhi.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Butler is a bit better than Lowry straight up.

But the other thing is that no bench guy put up more spectacular overall numbers than Fred - good enough that he's likely a good starter. And then Delon also deserves more playing time too.

basically VanV-butler-kawhi is much better than lowry-green-kawhi.

Lowry's an extremely valuable shooter, and his eFG rate was a good 40 points higher than Butler's. And as good as FVV was during the regular season last year I wouldn't move Lowry so that he could start.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Lowry's an extremely valuable shooter, and his eFG rate was a good 40 points higher than Butler's. And as good as FVV was during the regular season last year I wouldn't move Lowry so that he could start.
But if you could have only ONE of Butler or Lowry what do you do?

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

myself I think True Shooting percentage is a more useful measure than eFG%.

Butler: 58.8ts% last 2yrs, 57.1ts% career
Lowry: 61.1ts% last 2yrs, 56.4ts% career

and for me, getting FVV and Wright more playing time is absolutely crucial.

I would much rather get Butler while keeping Lowry, but even if it costs Lowry I think it probably upgrades our team substantially.

PG VanV - Wright
SG Butler - Green

instead of

PG Lowry - VanV
SG Green - Wright

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
What do we think Kawhi puts up in terms of stats? You know, for fantasy purposes?

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
myself I think True Shooting percentage is a more useful measure than eFG%.

Butler: 58.8ts% last 2yrs, 57.1ts% career
Lowry: 61.1ts% last 2yrs, 56.4ts% career

and for me, getting FVV and Wright more playing time is absolutely crucial.

I would much rather get Butler while keeping Lowry, but even if it costs Lowry I think it probably upgrades our team substantially.

PG VanV - Wright
SG Butler - Green

instead of

PG Lowry - VanV
SG Green - Wright

I feel TS% never properly measures the effectiveness of a shooter due to its reliance of FT rates. And even then, Lowry has been superior the last two years, including postseason. Having him go off ball and have FVV/Wright run point is a seriously underrated aspect of Lowry’s game. He has the ability to shoot wherever, whenever behind the arc and can recover bad possessions and plays for the team.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Well, at least it took 12-15 minutes before someone asked if Kawhi wants to be in Toronto. And then follows up with Simmons asking the same damn question like the smarmy troll that he is.

Reactions: Eb

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I feel TS% never properly measures the effectiveness of a shooter due to its reliance of FT rates. And even then, Lowry has been superior the last two years, including postseason. Having him go off ball and have FVV/Wright run point is a seriously underrated aspect of Lowry’s game. He has the ability to shoot wherever, whenever behind the arc and can recover bad possessions and plays for the team.

I love Lowry, and I agree that he's arguably better than Butler offensively. But Butler is also elite defensively while Lowry has slipped a bit. And, to boot, we have better depth at PG than at SG, so he's probably a better fit.

If we look at RPM:

2017-18

Butler (28): 3.61orpm, 2.78drpm
Lowry (31): 4.15orpm, 1.03drpm

2016-17

Butler (27): 4.82orpm, 1.80drpm
Lowry (30): 4.70orpm, 1.18drpm

2015-16

Butler (26): 3.12orpm, 0.89drpm
Lowry (29): 5.12orpm, 1.70drpm

2014-15

Butler (25): 3.87orpm, 0.43drpm
Lowry (28): 2.58orpm, 1.25drpm

2013-14

Butler (24): 0.90rpm, 1.23drpm
Lowry (27): 3.84orpm, 0.41drpm

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Well, at least it took 12-15 minutes before someone asked if Kawhi wants to be in Toronto. And then follows up with Simmons asking the same damn question like the smarmy troll that he is.
Masai's passionate speech was pretty good though responding to it.

Simmonds is writing an article "Masai hasnt learned respect yet"

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
The Toronto Media is soooooooo corrrrrnnnnnnyyyy. Bruh!

Not surprised Simmonds was there; was surprised that lady who was crying on the fan the day after the trade wasn't there with a lawyer trying to press charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->