Raptors Discussion: v75| Season of Kawhi Part 1: Greatest expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Durant is the better player.

Against Leonard, Durant dropped 25, 28, 31, 41, 26, and 37. He brushed Leonard aside like he was nothing and he's done that to every defensive player to step in front of him.

The man is incredible.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Durant is the better player.

Against Leonard, Durant dropped 25, 28, 31, 41, 26, and 37. He brushed Leonard aside like he was nothing and he's done that to every defensive player to step in front of him.

The man is incredible.

Last 3 seasons, head to head, regular and playoffs (10gms)

Kawhi: 34.2mpg, 25.8ppg (49.2%) ---- 36.2pts/48
Durant: 39.4mpg, 28.2ppg (48.8%) --- 34.4pts/48

Kawhi's minutes are lower mostly because that playoff game he was crushing the warriors in '17 before pachulia swept the leg in the first half and ended his season, and also one other game he sat down early because the spurs were blowing out Durant.

and I think we can agree that Durant had a much better supporting cast for those games.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Durant > Kawhi
no he's not. Kawhi's defensive ability puts him over KD, especially when defence is highly weighted in the playoffs.

To be the best perimter defender + facilicate out of the P&R, shoot 3's, hit jumpers and rebound, it makes him the best all around player in the nba only next to lebron.

IceColdBear

Apr 5, 2016

I disagree, but hopefully Kawhi thinks the same

Toronto is one of the best cities in the world from May to October.

There's a lot of cities I would prefer to live in in December, though, that's for sure.

Unfortunately, the NBA season does not overlap much with the best time to be in Toronto.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Toronto is one of the best cities in the world from May to October.

There's a lot of cities I would prefer to live in in December, though, that's for sure.

Unfortunately, the NBA season does not overlap much with the best time to be in Toronto.

Toronto is an awesome city 12 months a year.

Reactions: Kelly

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Any city in the US or Canada is amazing when you have the money these guys have. These guys don't live in their home city longer 10-12 days at the time and all other times they are on the road or home sporadically. And if they want to go somewhere in season they can take a private jet. They offseason is where it matters and a majority live in other cities anyways.

Winning cures everything, show you can win then players will stay if money is close to what every team is offering. Masai still has work to do to cut some dead weight and adding to this team - do that and Kawhi will stay.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Last 3 seasons, head to head, regular and playoffs (10gms)

Kawhi: 34.2mpg, 25.8ppg (49.2%) ---- 36.2pts/48
Durant: 39.4mpg, 28.2ppg (48.8%) --- 34.4pts/48

Kawhi's minutes are lower mostly because that playoff game he was crushing the warriors in '17 before pachulia swept the leg in the first half and ended his season, and also one other game he sat down early because the spurs were blowing out Durant.

and I think we can agree that Durant had a much better supporting cast for those games.

I wanted to check these head to head stats again,and add some more in, now that I'm actually awake.

Kawhi v Durant, head to head, Last 3 years, Regular Season and Playoffs (10gms)

Kawhi: 34.2mpg, 25.8ppg (49.2%), 7.2rb, 3.1ast/2.0to, 2.7st, 0.6bk, 2.4pf
Durant: 39.4mpg, 28.2ppg (48.8%), 6.5rb, 4.0ast/3.0to, 0.8st, 1.0bk, 2.1pf

per 36 minutes

Kawhi: 27.2ppg, 7.6rb, 3.3ast/2.1to, 2.9st, 0.6bk, 2.5pf
Durant: 25.8ppg, 5.9rb, 3.7ast/2.7to, 0.7st, 0.9bk, 2.0pf

and again, Kawhi's minutes are only lower because a) one game was a blowout for the Spurs and he sat after 22 minutes, b) the last game was the playoff game where Kawhi was crushing the warriors before pachulia took him out after only 24 minutes to end his season.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I mean, its no Winnipeg, but there's no where else I'd rather live and raise my family. And I consider myself the middle aged, white, unatheletic, broke Kawhi Leonard. He'll love it here.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
the only problem ever is getting them here. they always love it when it's here. and if they're a legit contender this year, it'll be hard for him to leave.

helps that being black in toronto ain't the same as being black in america.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Kevin Durant vs Kawhi Leonard is a good debate. I think it's close but I take KD

Defensively, I think KD is more versatile. He's a solid on ball defender who's really taken his defensive game up a notch with his rim protecting ability. KD finished 7th in BPG. The next highest non PF/C was Danny Green at 24th in BPG. At one point I read that his DFG% was better than Steven Adams' within 6 feet. The knock on KD is that his effort isn't always there. Kawhi on the other hand is the best on ball defender in the game IMO. Excellent help defender as well.

I think it depends on what you prefer but I give a slight edge to Kawhi based on consistency

Offensively is where the gap opens up a tad. I prefer Kawhi over KD as a off ball scorer. However, KD is a more efficient scorer and has the edge as a creator and as a playmaker. That's not a knock on Kawhi because he's a beast in his own right but KD is just insane.

Again it may be preference because if you have 2 creators in your SL, you may want Kawhi but other than that, I think KD would be the choice offensively.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
I don't know why we need to pump up our city to everyone. Most players that come here love it.

But if Kawhi is dead set on going home then he's going home
If not then we have a chance

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad