Raptors Discussion: v75| Season of Kawhi Part 1: Greatest expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Love Jimmy Buckets. Only thing I worry about is the wear and tear on him (although shouldn't be an issue in the immediate future).

Going back a few years ago, I've always imagined about a Lowry-Butler-Kawhi trio on the Raptors as a fantasy
I never thought it would even be a remote possibility
Odds are still very low but being in a position where we have 2/3 and the 3rd might be on the trading block is incredible
I've always thought that those 3 would be a picture perfect trio

Lowry - One of the best shooters in the league, very good playmaker and rebounder and still solid help defender
Butler - Can shoot the 3 well, yet like DeRozan can score inside, solid playmaker as well and an excellent defender
Leonard - Superstar who can pretty much do everything at a high level and doesn't really need to be a playmaker if we had Lowry and Butler

Lowry/Butler/Leonard vs Curry/Thompson/Durant would be must see TV

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
With Kawhi's current wealth and future earning potential on a max contract, I wouldn't read anything into his buying a house here. It may go up, it may go down, it costs money to sell and move, but..... he can afford that. He's got a girlfriend and a kid and he should be setting up a home - buy or rent - that works best for all of them. It's one of the luxuries of being rich, he doesn't have to worry about losing a bit of money if the market tanks.

Bozak couldn't sell his house for 2 years? That's not a problem with the market, that's a problem with his price. Lots of people got greedy during the surge.

Jimmy Butler? I hated that guy when we played against him. Would love to see him playing for us....

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
so if Kawhi doesnt care about losing money :s .. why not just rent for 10 months at 25 000/month or $250 000 which is peanuts to him right?

theres a reason why this is a big deal. it doesnt happen much. Are people forgetting how much money Kawhi loses if the Raps dont sign him? Acting like that extra year is peanuts...

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
so if Kawhi doesnt care about losing money :s .. why not just rent for 10 months at 25 000/month or $250 000 which is peanuts to him right?

theres a reason why this is a big deal. it doesnt happen much. Are people forgetting how much money Kawhi loses if the Raps dont sign him? Acting like that extra year is peanuts...

He could have received more than 200 million from the Spurs but declined.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Butler's 3 preferred teams of destination are Brooklyn, NYK and Clippers

Since Butler screwed Minnesota over, they could purposely try and trade him to a team not on the list

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
On the weekend there’s rumours Raps would want Jimmy Butler.

Couple days later, he asks for a trade.

Coincidence, I think not

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I don't get these players. Those are some of the crappiest teams around. Big market over everything, I guess

They're teams that can offer him the max contract when he becomes a free agent next summer.

I'd be hesitant about wanting Butler after he's basically burned his bridges at 2 different teams and also complained last year about playing too much. Seems like he's not great at meshing with a team and might be a disruptive force in the locker room.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
So DeMar's on twitter now tweeting shade at the Raptors with veiled things like "revenge is a dish best served cold."

Let it go, buddy. You got traded because you were part of the problem. That wasn't some ghastly personal betrayal, it was business. Masai seems to be just about the nicest, most personable, most emotionally invested GM I've seen in sports in a long, long time. He's not Hitler and he doesn't deserve your whiny, spiteful scorn especially when he manned up and apologized for not handling the situation better.

I loved how ingrained he was in the Raptors and the community (even if I didn't always like the on-court product) but all this nonsense does nothing but damage his reputation and legacy with the organization, acting like a jilted ex that can't take responsibility for their own part of the break-up.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
So DeMar's on twitter now tweeting shade at the Raptors with veiled things like "revenge is a dish best served cold."

Let it go, buddy. You got traded because you were part of the problem. That wasn't some ghastly personal betrayal, it was business. Masai seems to be just about the nicest, most personable, most emotionally invested GM I've seen in sports in a long, long time. He's not Hitler and he doesn't deserve your whiny, spiteful scorn especially when he manned up and apologized for not handling the situation better.

I loved how ingrained he was in the Raptors and the community (even if I didn't always like the on-court product) but all this nonsense does nothing but damage his reputation and legacy with the organization, acting like a jilted ex that can't take responsibility for their own part of the break-up.

He could be talking about getting back at Ibaka for serving him worms.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
The maturity level of basketball players is so low, especially these days. Demar the jilted ex, Butler showing the youngters its ok to take your ball and go home, Andrew Wiggins with the IQ of a peanut (what is a bum ass?) And Stephen Jackson's weed-infused ramblings.

Kids these days love drama, I get it. But the character of this league is downright embarrassing.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
The maturity level of basketball players is so low, especially these days. Demar the jilted ex, Butler showing the youngters its ok to take your ball and go home, Andrew Wiggins with the IQ of a peanut (what is a bum ass?) And Stephen Jackson's weed-infused ramblings.

Kids these days love drama, I get it. But the character of this league is downright embarrassing.

Yup! Makes one nostalgic for the days of Bird and Magic.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC

Lmao. Yeah, the NBA has a real problem, with their billions in brand equity, robust television deal, and general stranglehold on the teen to mid-30's demographic.

Hockey, with its abundance of character (shout out to Austin Watson), is far more my speed.

Yup! Makes one nostalgic for the days of Bird and Magic.

Reactions: BAM and Daeomer

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

yeah if only they had fans giving standing ovations to rapists, like mlb does.

Reactions: al secord

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Lmao. Yeah, the NBA has a real problem, with their billions in brand equity, robust television deal, and general stranglehold on the teen to mid-30's demographic.

Hockey, with its abundance of character (shout out to Austin Watson), is far more my speed.

I'll see your Austin Watson and raise you a Jared Sullinger and DeAndre Liggins. What that has to do with the collective maturity level of basketball players these days, I have no idea. You don't need to be a woman beater to be a whiny, immature and ignorant.

Finding a basketball player with redeeming qualities these days is like playing Where's Waldo?

Albert Iafrate

Feb 29, 2008
If I'm Masai, I'm offering this:

Lowry, Powell, Conditional 1st 2019 (Butler re-signs) for Butler, Gibson

At best, FVV and Wright can fill Lowry's shoes, and Butler and Leonard take us to the promised land, and decide to re-sign. In the off-season we add someone like Goran Dragic as a free agent, and we have a starting 5 of JV, Siakam, Leonard, Butler, Dragic.

At worst, Leonard, Butler and Gibson walk, however we shed Lowry's 31 million dollar cap space, and have tons of space to start the rebuild without losing our core young players (Wright, FVV, Siakam, OG).
IF Leonard leaves, we won't want Lowry anyways.

This deal also keeps Thibs happy, as it has been rumoured that he would walk away from a rebuild and wants NBA players in return for Butler.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.

I genuinely felt bad for him initially, but his petulance has gotten to the point whereby I'm starting to lose respect for him.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
I'll see your Austin Watson and raise you a Jared Sullinger and DeAndre Liggins. What that has to do with the collective maturity level of basketball players these days, I have no idea. You don't need to be a woman beater to be a whiny, immature and ignorant.

Finding a basketball player with redeeming qualities these days is like playing Where's Waldo?

You tell me....you're the one that made a generalized statement, stereotyping ~450 individuals based on what, 5 examples?

So hockey players are mental midgets, steeped in social anxiety, incapable of carrying on a conversation without employing the words "uh" "you know" or "shucks".

Do you see how asinine that is?

Reactions: BAM and Daeomer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad