Raptors Discussion: v75| Season of Kawhi Part 1: Greatest expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Its not like he'd even be spending 1% of his income. 25 000 / month for renting a high end place downtown, which im guessing is an insane price per month for 12 months is only 300k. Im sure he could spend that if he was really focused on leaving Toronto to go to LA..

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Trying to read where a guy's head is at based on buying vs renting a place is just being silly. For all anyone knows he just prefers owning a place instead of renting. It could mean something or it could mean absolutely nothing. Too many other possible reasons outside of his long term future exists for why he bought a place.

Who knows whether he plans on staying long term or not. He may not know what he plans on doing until he gets out there and plays for the Raptors. Just something that a wait and see attitude will have to be applied to.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Bozak couldnt sell his home on the market for 2 yrs and the market is down this yr from last. What in the world are you people talking about??

Reactions: Kurtz

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
Hard to make your money back in this market on a short term buy when you factor in all the taxes and fees. Heavy loss compared to renting or leasing

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Bozak couldnt sell his home on the market for 2 yrs and the market is down this yr from last. What in the world are you people talking about??

It's mainly the fact that if the Toronto market has a resurgence, he's going to make a good amount of money. It's a buyers market right now in Toronto. Someone like Kawhi can hold onto the property until the market increases, and make a large profit.

It's definitley not bad news, but it doesn't really indicate he's staying.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
It's mainly the fact that if the Toronto market has a resurgence, he's going to make a good amount of money. It's a buyers market right now in Toronto. Someone like Kawhi can hold onto the property until the market increases, and make a large profit.

Isnt the market down?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Isnt the market down?

Yes, for sellers. A lot of investors have stopped purchasing in Toronto and Vancouver markets, and have begun buying in larger "smaller" cities, especially Ottawa. It's the main effect of the new mortgage rules that took effect on Jan 1.

However, the Toronto market has already showed signs of bouncing back. Come this time next year, it'll once again be a crazy market.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

To be fair, depending on the price of the house (and I assume it’s high), he’s likely going to have to be hanging onto it for awhile, even if/when the market bounces back.

And the chances of him making a large profit isn’t high when you take into account all of the expenses. Mortgages/loans, realtors, land transfer tax, property tax, maintenance, home insurance, etc etc. If he leaves, he won’t want this house to just be a sunk cost and thus may even drop his asking price. Plenty of athletes/celebrities have been stuck with real estate that they never go to and end up losing money in the end.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Yes, for sellers. A lot of investors have stopped purchasing in Toronto and Vancouver markets, and have begun buying in larger "smaller" cities, especially Ottawa. It's the main effect of the new mortgage rules that took effect on Jan 1.

However, the Toronto market has already showed signs of bouncing back. Come this time next year, it'll once again be a crazy market.

I dont disagree, I just dont think he bought this home for such a miniscule return when hes about to sign a, i dont even know the price, 180-200+ mil contract? TO make like 350k on a house seems kinda pointless when he could of got a place at 25k/month for 300k for 1 yr.

Im also a raps fan and want him to stay bad tho lol

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC

Perfect timing for Kawhi to sell before leaving for LA :sarcasm:

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
It def makes sense to go to LA and lose a lot of money, and run through the gauntlet of the West, maybe making it to the second round, when you could be on the best team in the East, battling to go to the finals every year + have more money + can go home during the summer like everyone else in sports does

AD is going to be joining Klutch Sports soon so hes about as lock as you can get to a Laker tho.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I wonder what will be more awkward, the Melnyk State of the Sens video or the Kawhi presser? Especially after Steve Simmons steps to the mic.

Last edited:

ER89

Jul 25, 2018

All fundamentals point to a recession. The Canadian economy looks to be tanking in the next 1-2 years especially as America goes to an isolationist policy. So it being a crazy market next year might not come to fruition. In fact its unlikely based purely on economic indicators. Having said that, I certainly hope you are right.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Hopefully, none of the media asks him about the Leafs or hockey. *shudders*

Press Conference Preview

Welcome to Toronto, Kawhi.

1) Have you met any of the Leafs yet?
2) Have you ever skated before?
3) Is it true you don't like winter?
4) What do you think of Drake being such a big Raptors fan? Do you listen to his music?
5) Michael Grange Special - With DeMar DeRozan leaving a such a great legacy behind on and off the court, do you think you have any chance of coming close to his accomplishments?
6) How much does it mean to you that Danny Green was also a part of the trade?
7) Steve Simmons - I hate Toronto and you should too

Reactions: Max Money

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Love Jimmy Buckets. Only thing I worry about is the wear and tear on him (although shouldn't be an issue in the immediate future).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad