Raptors Discussion: v72| ECQF | (1) Raptors vs (8) Wizards | Raptors win series 4-2 and advance to EC Semi-Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
much better 2nd half from dd and lowry.

good win. Delon had a big game. And so did Serge.

I hope FVV is back next game.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
We saw what a game 1 win did for the Winnipeg Jets and how free and easy they played in game 2.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Very happy to give Lowry a TON of credit. His D in that 2nd half was outstanding. Man did he play hard.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
#FreeBebe

I'm kinda sad there's no room for him on the team and he'll probably leave in the offseason (because rfa are far more mobile in the nba) because he does well with his limited minutes.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
#FreeBebe

I'm kinda sad there's no room for him on the team and he'll probably leave in the offseason (because rfa are far more mobile in the nba) because he does well with his limited minutes.

I was just going to say this. He's like the perfect 11/12 man on the roster. He never complains, is a good teammate, but he has one impact skill (shot blocking/rim protection) that can be deployed when needed, and a few secondary skills (passing, shooting) that make him not completely useless on the other end.

There was a game against OKC where Bebe's shot-blocking helped us come back from a deficit after Adams was abusing Poetl and JV, and Casey didn't put him in again in the second half. Casey definitely under utilizes him even when he could make a difference.

I think he's an RFA, so we probably keep him for a bit longer unless he's traded.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I was just going to say this. He's like the perfect 11/12 man on the roster. He never complains, is a good teammate, but he has one impact skill (shot blocking/rim protection) that can be deployed when needed, and a few secondary skills (passing, shooting) that make him not completely useless on the other end.

There was a game against OKC where Bebe's shot-blocking helped us come back from a deficit after Adams was abusing Poetl and JV, and Casey didn't put him in again in the second half. Casey definitely under utilizes him even when he could make a difference.

I think he's an RFA, so we probably keep him for a bit longer unless he's traded.

He is an RFA. But the league salary cap setup and the Raptors' salary situation being what they are, it's not that difficult for some other team to offer him regular-rotation money that the Raptors can't match (either literally can't or wouldn't be able to without significant repercussions on the rest of the roster) that will tie their hands.

RFA movement happens a lot more in the NBA vs other leagues. Multiple NBA RFAs get offer-sheeted every year and a fair number of them end up moving on those contracts because the NBA RFA system isn't quite so restricting as it is in MLB (where the RFA class doesn't exist as we know it) or NHL (where the compensation levels on RFAs are significant enough to make successful offer-sheeting difficult and unattractive)

Before this season, when it was reasonable to still think the team should try to move JV for anything, I was on board with getting another wing player for him and using Poeltl/Siakam/Ibaka/Nogueira as the team's primary 4/5 guys in whatever configuration worked the best. Maybe it would've pushed Bebe in over his head, but I felt like it was worth the shot. He was always the more impressive guy when I saw him playing summer league games with Bruno anyway :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->