Raptors Discussion: v71|RIP Bruno era (2014-2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Did Cleveland get any better?

Personally i think it is a wash. Nance Jr. is a nice piece and both Nance Jr. and Clarkson are better long term pieces for the Cavs which i think is the way they should go as LBJ is gone in the off-season. On the short term who know; IT and LBJ did not get along so that may take out some issues in the locker room though Frye was good in the locker room and depending who you ask a Raps killer. If Frye is bought out and comes back i think it makes the Cavs better but not much.

LBJ is happy IT is gone but got that much more upset that the Cavs cannot trade the Brooklyn pick meaning this team isnt getting better this season to play the Warriors.

In the end i think it is good news for the Raptors. Cavs are limited in what they could do to get better and LBJ is probably still upset and this cements that he is gone in the off-season. Maybe he is so spiteful that he doesnt want to bring in playoff revenue for Gilbert that he tanks in the playoffs or just plays like the Cavs are playing now.;

Reactions: Gary Nylund

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Dwayne Wade back to Miami.

Cavs trade for Rodney Hood and George Hill.

---------------------

Now the Cavs get much better... Raps should be worried now.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Personally i think it is a wash. Nance Jr. is a nice piece and both Nance Jr. and Clarkson are better long term pieces for the Cavs which i think is the way they should go as LBJ is gone in the off-season. On the short term who know; IT and LBJ did not get along so that may take out some issues in the locker room though Frye was good in the locker room and depending who you ask a Raps killer. If Frye is bought out and comes back i think it makes the Cavs better but not much.

LBJ is happy IT is gone but got that much more upset that the Cavs cannot trade the Brooklyn pick meaning this team isnt getting better this season to play the Warriors.

In the end i think it is good news for the Raptors. Cavs are limited in what they could do to get better and LBJ is probably still upset and this cements that he is gone in the off-season. Maybe he is so spiteful that he doesnt want to bring in playoff revenue for Gilbert that he tanks in the playoffs or just plays like the Cavs are playing now.;

That's interesting, thanks! A couple of thoughts:

1)
No way Lebron tanks, would hurt his legacy too much.

2)
Cleveland seems to suck so bad, it won't be easy for them to flip a switch and be awesome when the playoffs start. I think they're ripe for the picking.

2)
I hadn't thought about it much but yes Lebron is probably gone but to where? Lakers? More importantly, is there any team in the East that he might go to or will the East be wide open?

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Did Cleveland get any better?

On paper, no. IT, when healthy, is perhaps the best microwave production guy in the league. Of course, he's not healthy at the moment, and looks horrible.

Clarkson is a poor man's Lou Will (and Lou Will is a poor man's healthy IT). Nance is a good young player (think Pascal, essentially), however he is not a material difference maker. Helps them going forward though.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Cavs In:
Larry Nance Jr.
Jordan Clarkson
Rodney Hood
George Hill
2nd round pick

Cavs Out:
Dwayne Wade
Derrick Rose
Iman Shumpert
Channing Frye
Jae Crowder
Cavs 1st round pick

Cavs Lineup:
Tristan Thompson
Kevin Love / Larry Nance
Lebron James / Jeff Green / Cedi Osman
Kyle Korver / J.R. Smith / Rodney Hood
George Hill / Jose Calderon

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Why do these f***ing teams always let the Cavs rob them?

Ugh, I'm still not convinced Cleveland is Finals bound now, but they did get much better.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
giphy.gif

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Why do these ****ing teams always let the Cavs rob them?

Ugh, I'm still not convinced Cleveland is Finals bound now, but they did get much better.

Hill helps a lot. But it's still just Lebron & co.

Nothing really has changed.

Cleveland is a lot better suddenly. And their chemistry can’t be worse than what it was lol

"A lot better" is a stretch.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Can anybody explain why LeBron wants to leave the Cavs so bad, especially for a team out west? I get the weather, Hollywood, entertainment, etc. But, as long as the Warriors remain in tact, moving out west gives him even less of a chance of getting more championships.

This may sound silly, but if I'm him, and I'm determined to leave the Cavs - I'm looking at Toronto or Boston first. One of those teams adds him and they are almost guaranteed to be in the Final.

IceColdBear

Apr 5, 2016
I don't know anything about this Richardson kid, but he was the 22nd pick in the 2016 draft so he should still have some upside, which is more than you can say for Bruno.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
I have been told that George Hill is Lowry's kryptonite.

The guy we got for Bruno is slightly better and comes with 1.5 to 2.5 years of control. Former 1st round pick from the 2016 draft. He has flash of potential... can be something or nothing. Not bad getting 1.5 to 2.5 years of control at 1.5M per for 0.5 years of a worse player making 2.4M.

The main key is cap space out of this deal;

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Half the players they traded away weren’t reliable.
Wade was name value
Rose was IR staple
Thomas plays defense like a 50yr old out of shape desk jockey

They got guys that can play and will compete. Having that compete desire is what makes them much better

The Nets have guys that can play and will compete.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Bruno will be released by the Kings. I expect the same for Vince Carter and Joe Johnson if they arent traded. And if they are released i expect the Raps are after both and hope we get Johnson, no interest in Vince.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
I think I post this every year so here we go....how does Cleveland manage to trade and get whoever they want every year. And how do they always fit this under the cap? They do this every year and it's starting to really drive me nuts how the NBA etc is run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad