Raptors Discussion: v56|All-Star Saturday Night (Lowry in 3pt contest) Sat, Feb 13 8pm ET/5pm PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
unverified account with like 1200 followers for whom most of his history of tweets seem to be opinion writings and NBA trade machine musings.

Seems legit.
Every rumour I've heard so far seems like some 12 year old kid on 2K with the trade difficulty turned to rookie and them just throwing whomever they want in and getting them.

I know we need a 4, but i don't think patterson should be the one to go especially for a guy that can't shoot the 3 and would kill the spacing for demar (even though he has been hot from down)

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
unverified account with like 1200 followers for whom most of his history of tweets seem to be opinion writings and NBA trade machine musings.

Seems legit.

I don't think he's necessarily wrong with the pieces being discussed though. Howard wants to play in Atlanta, Horford and Teague are being heavily discussed in deals, Rockets have been interested in Dragic since he left, and Whiteside/Howard swap has been rumoured for awhile now.

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
I don't think he's necessarily wrong with the pieces being discussed though. Howard wants to play in Atlanta, Horford and Teague are being heavily discussed in deals, Rockets have been interested in Dragic since he left, and Whiteside/Howard swap has been rumoured for awhile now.

Whiteside should have 0 trade value, with his bird rights he goes to the highest bidder, and as of now he would only be considered a rental. Horford & Teague are better than Howard and Whiteside, don't see why atl does it.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Whiteside should have 0 trade value, with his bird rights he goes to the highest bidder, and as of now he would only be considered a rental. Horford & Teague are better than Howard and Whiteside, don't see why atl does it.

Well if the proposed deal were to get completed, the Hawks would clearly need Winslow coming back (as mentioned in my original post).

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
Who moves to 4 Cousins or JV?

1) Cousins has primarily been playing the PF position this year. JV does not have the skills to play the 4 anyways.
2) More importantly, JV would almost certainly be traded in any deal for Cousins.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA

Damn... if this is true, this may be a career ender. I mean, if it becomes a recurring thing, I'd imagine they'd have him permanently on blood thinners, which would automatically be a career ender.

Really, REALLY hoping this isn't the case and that it is just a scare. All the best to CB4 and hope that this is just a scare.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Not sure how I feel about the Thad Young deal. I feel like we could get a better player for a 1st. Not only that but he's on a really bad team. Not that sold on his defense either, which is what we're trying to preach. He's not the worst defender, but I'm not sure. (I also like PPat so sue me.)

I don't think Dwight gets moved. There's too many questions about his health IMO. I find Whiteside is just as good as Dwight and he's younger so why would Miami do that? It even makes less sense if Bosh's health is really that troublesome.. And I don't think they'd be trading Dragic either already. Doesn't really make sense.

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
Not sure how I feel about the Thad Young deal. I feel like we could get a better player for a 1st. Not only that but he's on a really bad team. Not that sold on his defense either, which is what we're trying to preach. He's not the worst defender, but I'm not sure. (I also like PPat so sue me.)

I don't think Dwight gets moved. There's too many questions about his health IMO. I find Whiteside is just as good as Dwight and he's younger so why would Miami do that? It even makes less sense if Bosh's health is really that troublesome.. And I don't think they'd be trading Dragic either already. Doesn't really make sense.

what does him being a bad team have to do with anything? Thad is a good player under-rated by a lot for sure. he's a hard worker who is a good low post scorer, he does have range though not a consistent threat from the three but tbh when DC comes back you don't need your PF hanging around the three.

I would not move that Knicks 1st for much, and Wright is another guy I wouldn't like to see moved but I could live with the deal if it was Patterson, Wright, and a second or two.

I wouldn't want a 1 year rental and I wouldn't want anything too old.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
I find Whiteside is just as good as Dwight and he's younger so why would Miami do that?

I'm not too sure about the CBA rules but there's something in Whiteside's contract that will allow him to make big $$ this offseason.

EDIT: Found this.
Under NBA rules, contracts shorter than four years in length, such as Whiteside's, cannot be extended.

The only way for the Heat to offer Whiteside a new contract after this season would be to waive the final year on his contract. However, because Whiteside is only signed for the league minimum next season, any and every other team could (and assuredly would) put in a claim.

In addition, because of the two seasons Whiteside previously spent with the Sacramento Kings, he would become an unrestricted free agent in 2016, as opposed to if these next two seasons with the Heat were his lone NBA tenure, in which case the Heat would have the right to match outside offers.

Because Whiteside will enter 2016 free agency with only two seasons with the Heat, he would not be eligible for full Larry Bird Rights, where the Heat could go over the salary cap up to the NBA maximum to retain him. Instead, if the Heat do not have the necessary cap space in the 2016 offseason (which they are expected to have), they only could offer Whiteside a contract starting at the NBA's average salary for 2016-17.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008

Damn... if this is true, this may be a career ender. I mean, if it becomes a recurring thing, I'd imagine they'd have him permanently on blood thinners, which would automatically be a career ender.

Really, REALLY hoping this isn't the case and that it is just a scare. All the best to CB4 and hope that this is just a scare.

That's horrible. I hope he can recover and live a normal life.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Apparently the Raptors aren't going after Kieff, atleast at the current price (or maybe Masai is wary of the other stuff Kieff brings). Leaves Young, and Horford as a longshot possibility. Wouldn't trade that top 10 Knicks/Nuggets pick for Young though.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Probably cause the PHX GM was asking for something absurd for him and tucker even after the teammate incident.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Man Orlando sold really low on Tobias Harris. Hell even though he isn't a need, lets go after Oladipo!

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
PLEASE go get Horford. F Markieff...guy is a head case. PHX for some reason probably asking for the moon for this guy yet the guy has one of the worst shoot %'s at his position and he just fought a teammate....Masai says NO THANKS!

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
what does him being a bad team have to do with anything? Thad is a good player under-rated by a lot for sure. he's a hard worker who is a good low post scorer, he does have range though not a consistent threat from the three but tbh when DC comes back you don't need your PF hanging around the three.

I would not move that Knicks 1st for much, and Wright is another guy I wouldn't like to see moved but I could live with the deal if it was Patterson, Wright, and a second or two.

I wouldn't want a 1 year rental and I wouldn't want anything too old.

Bad team means he gets more minutes. Nets have some pretty bad post players, and again I'm more so worried about his defense then anything. If he can come in and focus on rebounding, which has been our biggest weakness for years, then all the power to him. But I don't want to cough up a lot for some one like him. I'd rather overpay for a guy who will be a legit difference maker on the boards.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Bad team means he gets more minutes. Nets have some pretty bad post players, and again I'm more so worried about his defense then anything. If he can come in and focus on rebounding, which has been our biggest weakness for years, then all the power to him. But I don't want to cough up a lot for some one like him. I'd rather overpay for a guy who will be a legit difference maker on the boards.

I rather pay a ransom for Horford then give up a 1st rounder+ for Young/Faried/Morris+ whatever other garbage is out there. If Masai wanted to make a splash he'd do everything to get Horford, he puts us in the next tier. Plus apparently reading that ESPN article we'd have a good chance to re-sign him.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
the only way I would be slightly interested in Thad Young is if Lopez was part of the deal. Then we're really talking. But I mean one for one..why would we give up assets for Young? Masai has to make a splash man...other than maybe Cleveland nobody is better than us! nobody! at least in the East. We have four 1st round picks to play with. DO SOMETHING! We badly need an upgrade on Scola if we have any plans to get past the 1st round, it's laughable this guy would be our starting 4 in the playoffs...just think about that for a second

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
I rather pay a ransom for Horford then give up a 1st rounder+ for Young/Faried/Morris+ whatever other garbage is out there. If Masai wanted to make a splash he'd do everything to get Horford, he puts us in the next tier. Plus apparently reading that ESPN article we'd have a good chance to re-sign him.

Pretty much what I'm saying.

If we're giving up some of these picks, we need to acquire the best player we can. And can we not help the Nets out? **** Brooklyn Masai.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad