Raptors Discussion: v56|All-Star Saturday Night (Lowry in 3pt contest) Sat, Feb 13 8pm ET/5pm PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
The kids aren't in to Sting anymore?

1Bbp8.png

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Turned on the FAN590 last night. They were talking about the how the NBA all star game like the MLB all star game is really an actual game unlike hockey and football. Then one of the radio personalities broke the spell with a nugget of truth saying no one plays defense in the NBA all star game. The others reluctantly agreed.

They continued to talk about various NBA personalities for several minutes over murmuring crowd noise. There was then a little cheer from the crowd. "That's the end of the 3rd quarter as so and so misses on his 3 point attempt." They had been talking over the game the entire time for the 10 minutes I had been listening. I had assumed that it was a halftime discussion. The NBA all star game is obviously every bit as tedious as the Pro Bowl and NHL all star game.

mikebel111*

The NYK should be off limits unless we are getting a real stud back in a trade.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Hopefully some one with credibility can answer my question. :popcorn:

A quality backup that can defend 1's and 2's.

Problem is, we have an all star and one of the best backup PG's out there, so he kind of gets forgotten about, but we traded Vasquez and needed to draft an NBA ready guy to back up Lowry and Wright is just that. I guess we just got lucky that LMA went to the Spurs so they couldn't afford CoJo and he kinda fell into our lap.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
A quality backup that can defend 1's and 2's.

Problem is, we have an all star and one of the best backup PG's out there, so he kind of gets forgotten about, but we traded Vasquez and needed to draft an NBA ready guy to back up Lowry and Wright is just that. I guess we just got lucky that LMA went to the Spurs so they couldn't afford CoJo and he kinda fell into our lap.

Do you see one of Lowry or Joseph be moved in the next couple of years.

Shwaguy*

Do you see one of Lowry or Joseph be moved in the next couple of years.

Lowry has a player option the year after this.

Who knows what's gonna happen.

I'd be shocked if we did, but if we lose in the first round again you'll see changes.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
wait what really!?

I don't know of this guy but there has been rumours of Horford and Teague being shopped, while Howard has been in the news as "reportedly" saying he would like to go to Atlanta (his hometown).

There's not much incentive to moving Teague and Horford just for Howard in Atlanta's case, so I can see where Miami comes in with Winslow potentially being moved and Dragic's salary shipped out (though Horford and Bosh don't seem like two bigs that would play well together).

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
I don't know much about salary structure etc in the nba but I was looking at the raps and seems we have pretty good control on our salaries.

How can they improve this year via trade? Usually you take on big contracts. How can the raps do this?

Chandler55

Mar 9, 2004
I don't know much about salary structure etc in the nba but I was looking at the raps and seems we have pretty good control on our salaries.

How can they improve this year via trade? Usually you take on big contracts. How can the raps do this?

thats the problem and #1 reason why I think they wont make a deal

its either put in a bunch of little pieces like powell/delon/scola/jj. or start with patterson and go from there. But I like Patterson and he has value to our playoff run.

theres also the option of getting a 3rd team in with capspace by getting them to absorb money and help the trade. but that means giving up picks in return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->