Raptors Discussion: v49|#WeTheNorth| Lowry voted to start for the East in the All-Star Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Starters
Raps14-Ross.gif
|
Raps14-Valanciunas.gif
|
Raps14-Amir.gif

Terrence Ross|Jonas Valanciunas|Amir Johnson
Raps14-DeRozan.gif
|
Raps14-Lowry.gif

DeMar DeRozan|Kyle Lowry
2nd Unit
Raps14-JJohnson.gif
|
Raps14-Hansbrough.gif
|
Raps14-Patterson.gif

James Johnson|Tyler Hansbrough|Patrick Patterson
Raps14-Williams.gif
|
Raps14-Vasquez2.gif

Lou Williams|Greivis Vasquez
Reserves
Raps14-Fields.gif
|
Raps14-Caboclo.gif

Landry Fields|Bruno Caboclo
Coach/Management
Raps14-Casey.gif
|
Raps14-Ujiri.gif

Dwane Casey|Masai Ujiri

Missing ones may be coming soon, time permitting.

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
ready to go on this thread. Remember to vote Lowry for the All-Star game before time runs out. I forget when voting closes, but it's soon.

mikebel111*

Wow Ross is really battling something here. his D was good but lately has been putrid. his shot as always very inconsistent.

Jack was talking about that fans were saying JJ should be in over him. I would agree with the fans. I would take Ross out but Jack did have some valid points why Ross should still be starting.
I was giving him a pass on offense because on D he was playing very well. but now his D isn't good either.
Hope he gets it together soon, because we are just a better team when his defense is solid

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Nets are apparently talking to the Hornets about acquiring Lance Stephenson in a 3-way trade that would cost them Brook Lopez, Jarrett Jack, and maybe some smaller pieces.

Because sure, why not cram another overpaid underachiever into that raging dumpster fire that is the Brooklyn Nets roster. No wonder Prokhorov wants to cut bait. :laugh:

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Game Day: Raptors vs. Hawks
rapsvshawks-web_0.jpg

Jay Satur - Raptors.com

Big test for the Raptors tonight, when the Eastern Conference-leading Atlanta Hawks come to town on the biggest hot streak in the NBA (7:30 PM ET, TSN2, TSN 1050)
Projected Starting Lineups

Raptors: Kyle Lowry (G), DeMar DeRozan (G), Terrence Ross (F), Amir Johnson (F), Jonas Valanciunas (C)
rapsstarters_collage.jpg

Hawks: Jeff Teague (G), Kyle Korver (G), DeMarre Carroll (F), Paul Milsap (F), Al Horford (C)
hawks_collage600.jpg

Injury/Roster Report

Raptors: None

Hawks: None

NEED TO KNOW

The Hawks gave Al Horford and Kyle Korver a night off for rest on Wednesday but both are expected back . . . Their absence didn’t mean a thing, as the Hawks extended their NBA-best winning streak to 10 games by beating Boston . . . Despite Atlanta’s lofty record, the Hawks have lost two games to Toronto already this season . . . This is the latest in a season that Atlanta’s led a conference since 1993-94 . . . Not only have the Hawks won 10 in a row, they’ve also won 10 consecutive road games.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Rod Black pretty much set himself up for a "will they clip their wings" comment but he settled for a "cool their jets". It was right there man.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Honestly try Patterson at the 3 or something. He is athletic enough to pull it off. Or put him at the 4, put Johnson at 3 and have Amir + Ross come off the bench. Vasquez gets a pick and roll partner in Amir, Lou/Ross can go bananas at the 3 off the bench.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Honestly try Patterson at the 3 or something. He is athletic enough to pull it off. Or put him at the 4, put Johnson at 3 and have Amir + Ross come off the bench. Vasquez gets a pick and roll partner in Amir, Lou/Ross can go bananas at the 3 off the bench.

Only reason I'd hesitate is that a PatPat/JV frontcourt defensively... hooboy.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Only reason I'd hesitate is that a PatPat/JV frontcourt defensively... hooboy.

Defense is struggling anyways. I dunno just change it up and see if it works. Amir hasn't been as good defensively either.

I think their perimeter defense has been really this poor. Lowry hasn't been effective with the amount of load in the offensive zone, Ross might as well change his name to inconsistent. James Johnson in the starting line-up could probably help that. At the very least, you're getting more rebounding with him in the starting line-up.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Yup, so Lou is still taking those dumb last quarter shots and missing them every single time.

It's amazing how often they end up having the last possession and how rarely they capitalize on them. The Lou time was great for the first 10 games, but it's just not working.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
It's amazing how often they end up having the last possession and how rarely they capitalize on them. The Lou time was great for the first 10 games, but it's just not working.

Seriously, that's a potential 8-12 pts from end of quarter buckets. That's not "meh, whatever"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad