Utica Comets enter 10 year affiliation with the New Jersey Devils

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Research Savannah franchise, bleed:

IT states same ownership as Jacksonville.... something the AHL doesn't allow and has never allowed at any point in its history;

it also states 2022-2023 AS THE YEAR Savannah starts
are we talking about the AHL or ECHL now?

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
you're the one complaining about 28 AND LISTED the ECHL Teams actively.....
you are going in circles dude. the echl has 28 assigned franchises. you are trying to find a way to discredit that.

let's stop railroading a thread about utica and binghamton with this silliness

Captain Crash

Apr 9, 2015
If a team does actually go in there, they might make it the full season. It's usually underfunded teams playing in town rinks that fold mid-season.

We sure they'll opt for the actual arena? There's plenty of community rinks in the Binghamton area, including one that already hosted the FHL for year.

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
There are some people in Utica complaining about the Devils coming back. Either Rangers fans or those still bitter about the Devils leaving Utica nearly 30 years ago. They just don't understand how fortunate a small city like Utica is that another NHL team is stepping in to replace the Canucks. Keeping the Comets name does help though and I'm glad Esche convinced New Jersey to not rebrand Utica as the Devils again.
As someone who lives in a city who just lost their AHL team for probably the last time ever...tell them to enjoy it while they have it.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
Plenty of guys in the ECHL on two-way contracts from the AHL, see Newfoundland 2018-19.
I am pretty sure Dean MacDonald targets teams that value the echl in any AHL/NHL partnership. Some NHL clubs will not even send eligible players from the AHL to the ECHL when they can get more playing time in the Kelly Cup playoffs.

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
They were at 26, Brampton folds means 25, add those 3 gets it back to 28 franchises in the league. Manchester has nothing to do with that number

1 Florida
2 Greenville
3 Indy
4 Jacksonville
5 Orlando
6 SC
7 Wheeling
8 Allen
9 FW
10 Kansas City
11 Tulsa
12 Utah
13 Wichita
14 Adr
15 Atlanta
16 Cincy
17 Idaho
18 Kalamazoo
19 Maine
20 Newfoudnland
21 Norfolk
22 Reading
23 Toledo
24 Worcester
25 Rapid City

Plus the three expansion you listed get it to 28.

Where am I wrong?

You are not wrong....

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
You are not wrong....

BUT WHICH OF THOSE FRANCHISES IS GOING TO MANCHESTER, WHICH WON'T SUPPORT THE ECHL BECAUSE IT'S NOT THE AHL AND ROCKFORD WAS IN THE IHL BUT PORTLAND WASN'T AND WHAT WOULD YOU KNOW ABOUT PORTLAND YOU'RE IN WORCESTER, WHICH IS WHY ROY BOE MOVED HIS TEAM TO PEORIA AND THE SHARKS CAME IN WHO ARE NOW IN SAN JOSE FROM CLEVELAND BUT THE ORIGINAL MAINE MARINERS WON BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONSHIPS AND ARE THE ONLY AHL MARKET TO DO THAT SO THERE!!!

Captain Crash

Apr 9, 2015
BUT WHICH OF THOSE FRANCHISES IS GOING TO MANCHESTER, WHICH WON'T SUPPORT THE ECHL BECAUSE IT'S NOT THE AHL AND ROCKFORD WAS IN THE IHL BUT PORTLAND WASN'T AND WHAT WOULD YOU KNOW ABOUT PORTLAND YOU'RE IN WORCESTER, WHICH IS WHY ROY BOE MOVED HIS TEAM TO PEORIA AND THE SHARKS CAME IN WHO ARE NOW IN SAN JOSE FROM CLEVELAND BUT THE ORIGINAL MAINE MARINERS WON BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONSHIPS AND ARE THE ONLY AHL MARKET TO DO THAT SO THERE!!!

I'll give it a 9. Potential for a perfect 10 if you had also thrown in a random Spectra non-sequitur.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
I'll give it a 9. Potential for a perfect 10 if you had also thrown in a random Spectra non-sequitur.

Yes not too mention some rambling on about how the Chicago Wolves play in rosemont and how they are frauds because of it and yet it's ok for the DALLAS COWBOYS to play in Irving and the NEW YORK JETS AND GIANTS to play in NEW JERSEY along with the LOS ANGELES ANGELS to play in ANAHEIM....you get the point...

Reactions: Roadhog

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Yes not too mention some rambling on about how the Chicago Wolves play in rosemont and how they are frauds because of it and yet it's ok for the DALLAS COWBOYS to play in Irving and the NEW YORK JETS AND GIANTS to play in NEW JERSEY along with the LOS ANGELES ANGELS to play in ANAHEIM....you get the point...
uh, until the All state Arena is in metro Chicago....

the Rosemont Wolves they will always be, axe......unless that changes to the Illinois Wolves

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA

8.5 from me. Your use of Capitals is entirely too consistent. It needs TO be much more random and stress words THAT really make no sense. You also didn't tell anyone they are FORGETTING something, and didn't bring up the fact that the AHL all star game requires a representative of each team.

Roadhog

May 3, 2020
Toronto

9 from me also, it should have ended with "WHERE WERE YOU??"

Ratitude

May 2, 2020
There are some people in Utica complaining about the Devils coming back. Either Rangers fans or those still bitter about the Devils leaving Utica nearly 30 years ago. They just don't understand how fortunate a small city like Utica is that another NHL team is stepping in to replace the Canucks. Keeping the Comets name does help though and I'm glad Esche convinced New Jersey to not rebrand Utica as the Devils again.

It probably wasn't too hard for Esche to convince the Devils to allow him to use the Comets brand. Like the deal in Binghamton the Devils wont lose their shirt financially. Esche manages the arena right? He had to makea deal with the Devil to keep that building filled. Good thing about Esche is that he is a community guy first and puts greed aside

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
I love how certain people are allowed to post factually incorrect information and yet not be punished by the mods. I think we can all deal with the nonsensical rambling, but the crickets when someone is proven to be wrong on countless occasions and yet nothing is done is absolutely mind numbing.

Not to mention those of us who point out that that person is essentially trolling with every GD post they make here seem to be viewed as the problem and get disciplined by the George Parros's of the board, but those who spew idiotic anti-factual drivel aren't punished ever under any circumstances. If I were a mod, I'd have thrown the banhammer a long time ago.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Mainly you punch yourself in the head for participating in something you know is pointless. :banghead: And someone else is punching the poor horse, like Mongo from Blazing Saddles. :deadhorse

At least Mongo is entertaining and funny....the professor not so much

Reactions: CrazyEddie20

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad