Post-Game Talk: Utica (3 - 1) Laval: 6th Loss In a Row, But the First Time Laval was Disappointing this Season

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think a drop in his performance is normal. He hasn't played in a month. I would rather wait to see how he will play by the end of the conditioning stint. If by then, he's still playing this way. Then stick a fork in him.

Was Scherbak still doing those big cruising loops and excess dangling?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

On Nikita Scherbak: he wasn't impressed at all by him tonight and said that this isn't what a conditioning stint is about.

on Cale Fleury: he tips his hat to the kid for playing another solid match. But he is hoping some of the vets look themselves in the mirror because he'd like to see them step up.

Reactions: montreal

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016

On Nikita Scherbak: he wasn't impressed at all by him tonight and said that this isn't what a conditioning stint is about.

on Cale Fleury: he tips his hat to the kid for playing another solid match. But he is hoping some of the vets look themselves in the mirror because he'd like to see them step up.

Calling the guy's threw the media like that ....not sure it's the right way to go so early in the season, but it's always been his style

Reactions: Mrb1p

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
By the way, Kulak scored his 3rd of the season. He has 7 pts (3G, 4A) in 11 GP.

Assists to Alex Belzile (1G, 7A) for 8 pts in 11GP and Cale Fleury (1G, 4A) for 5 pts in 8 GP.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Calling the guy's threw the media like that ....not sure it's the right way to go so early in the season, but it's always been his style

Yea don't worry. He's telling the guys to their face, too. He's not using the media to pass his message to the players.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Watched some parts of the game and wasn't impressed.

Not so sure Bouchard will last in the pros. He talks too much. I'm thinking the vets are already tired of his rants. I saw a lifeless bench most of the game.

Reactions: Runner77

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
So finally it wasn’t Lefebvre the problem.

Sylvain wasn't a good coach. But not so sure Bouchard can be an apt pro coach. I mean, he will need to stop acting lile Richard Martel and badmouth players. He will learn that the AHL vets do carry weight. They don't need a rahrah guy.

Reactions: Runner77

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Not so sure Bouchard will last in the pros. He talks too much. I'm thinking the vets are already tired of his rants. I saw a lifeless bench most of the game.
That's what I am also concerned about. I like Bouchard's no BS approach. But he also needs to know this isn't juniors. Not every single player on his team is trying to make the big leagues. If he feels his veterans are not pulling through for him...this early in his rookie season...that doesn't bode well on him either.
Also, the kids nowadays are very different. You're talking about a generation that's grown up in the “participation trophy” era. I suspect less and less respond to the hard nose no thrills coaching approach anymore.

I'm sure Bouchard says nothing in the press he hasn't already repeated in the room, but I'm a strong believer in never airing out problems. It accomplishes nothing imo.

Reactions: dinodebino

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Guy is done. I can't believe we can't have something for him. Makes no sense. Geez, go and get guys that might have a lower ceiling but are doing well.

Scherbak looked much better in the 1st game but was terrible tonight.

Good on Bouchard but please stop sitting Fleury, he needs to play every night.

This team need a capable AHL goaltender.

Goaltending has been the least of their problems. They have scored 25 goals in 11 games, that a 2.27 per game average which is f***ing terrible. They need their vets to start putting the puck in the net, they also have a weak blueline. When Kulak-Lamarche is your top pairing you are in trouble.

Have you watched other games cause this is the only one were they looked lifeless. The previous game they also had a bad 1st but got better as the game went on and both times had strong 3rds that were more like they have been. Up until these last 2 games, they have looked really good but very snakebitten. Up until the last 2 the games have been very good to watch imo.

So finally it wasn’t Lefebvre the problem.

Anyone that watched last year likely saw what a tire fire they were defensively most nights, this year aside from the last 2 games they have been night and day to compare to last season. Much better product on the ice, they still have some defensive breakdowns for sure but they do have 4 rookies on the blueline. Tonights game was troubling but it's 4 weeks into a very long season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad