Post-Game Talk: Utica (3 - 1) Laval: 6th Loss In a Row, But the First Time Laval was Disappointing this Season

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
DrAb7ArWsAU2cNp.png

DrB_zgHWoAALhKW.jpg

Scratches: Daniel Audette, Alexandre Alain, Antoine Waked, Brett Lernout & David Sklenicka

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Sklenička and Moravčík will be scratches on defense. Fleury getting back in the line-up.

Grenier returns after missing a few games and it will be Alain who will sit out with Audette and Waked.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009

Sklenička and Moravčík will be scratches on defense. Fleury getting back in the line-up.

Grenier returns after missing a few games and it will be Alain who will sit out with Audette and Waked.

Little mistake Lernout will be scratch and Moravcik will play.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I hope to see Fleury on the 1st pairing.

Kulak-Fleury
Moravcik-Sproul
Plant-Lamarche

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Rooting for Scherbak. But I think it will be a process.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I hope to see Fleury on the 1st pairing.

Kulak-Fleury
Moravcik-Sproul
Plant-Lamarche

Moravcik is scratched. The defense will be Kulak, Lernout, Plant, Lamarche, Fleury, and Sproul.

Edit: Just realized I read wrong earlier. It is Lernout scratched and not Moravcik.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
It's pretty sad when the only noteworthy player we have on the Rocket is Fleury.. would be fun if we had more players to follow in the AHL.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Added the Rocket line-up for tonight in the OP.

Will add Utica's once they post it.

that can't be right, Plant can't be on the top pairing, as Kulak plays a ton, I bet he played close to 30 minutes last game. Bouchard seems to like the Kulak Lamarche pairing, was hoping he'd put Fleury with Kulak instead to bring more offense.

guess McNiven will get the start tomorrow.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It's pretty sad when the only noteworthy player we have on the Rocket is Fleury.. would be fun if we had more players to follow in the AHL.

We do. Both Evans and Vejdemo are looking good. But next year, some of the more recent draft picks should be turning pro, most notably Brook and Poehling.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
that can't be right, Plant can't be on the top pairing, as Kulak plays a ton, I bet he played close to 30 minutes last game. Bouchard seems to like the Kulak Lamarche pairing, was hoping he'd put Fleury with Kulak instead to bring more offense.

guess McNiven will get the start tomorrow.

I don't think it's because Plant and Lamarche are the top pair. I think it's because they will be in the starting line-up.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
We do. Both Evans and Vejdemo are looking good. But next year, some of the more recent draft picks should be turning pro, most notably Brook and Poehling.

They're not noteworthy players tho.. neither has top 6 upside. Fleury has top 4 upside.

Well maybe Evans does as a winger but he's a long shot.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Evans has looked good but Vejdemo not as much imo. I like Sklenicka as a possible 6th/7th type down the road. Maybe a better Lernout.

I personally have liked Vejdemo a lot. He's got wheels, isn't afraid to go to the dirty areas, has more jam than I expected. And, like Evans, he's got a high IQ on the ice.

I like both Czech defensemen. Sklenicka is real good at skating up the ice and joining the rush.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I personally have liked Vejdemo a lot. He's got wheels, isn't afraid to go to the dirty areas, has more jam than I expected. And, like Evans, he's got a high IQ on the ice.

I like both Czech defensemen. Sklenicka is real good at skating up the ice and joining the rush.

Vejdemo does have the wheels, and will get his nose dirty, just never thought he had much upside cause I felt he never put it all together consistently. I haven't really liked Moravcik that much or at least not as much as Sklenicka.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Vejdemo does have the wheels, and will get his nose dirty, just never thought he had much upside cause I felt he never put it all together consistently. I haven't really liked Moravcik that much or at least not as much as Sklenicka.

At Habs camp, Moravcik was better. So heading into Laval's season, I thought he would look better. But between the two, Sklenicka has been the better one so far.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
What the **** is happening with Addison???

Refused to report to Brampton when he was sent to ECHL. Habs suspended him because a player on an ELC can't refuse an assignment there. So he was in breach of his contract. And thus placed on Unconditional Waivers for purpose of a contract termination.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Refused to report to Brampton when he was sent to ECHL. Habs suspended him because a player on an ELC can't refuse an assignment there. So he was in breach of his contract. And thus placed on Unconditional Waivers for purpose of a contract termination.

This is coming so out of nowhere for me. This kid had a great 1st camp. Looked SO much better than Bradley. Just wow...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad