Usphl

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
Can someone please provide me with more insight on this new league. The EJHL will be no more, and the USPHL will take a few teams from that league. The rest (including the AJHL) will join the NA3HL, which makes the NA3HL a 37-team league! Former EJ players will be placed on Empire and Met rosters. Is everything here accurate and what else is there to know?

Slowe

Feb 8, 2003
Chicago
Visit site
I'm not sure how accurate that all is because at this point, I don't think much has been officially confirmed. No one knows for sure but the rumors sure are flying.

The other thing to keep in mind is that the USPHL is setting up their own midget leagues to go with it. Kids may leave other lower tier junior leagues for the midget league in hopes of being promoted in the USPHL. That could create havoc for the other lower tier junior teams. Who knows what the net effect will be?

Here's a decent story from the Junior Hockey News, but again it's all unconfirmed.

The Junior Hockey News

I have heard the left behind EJHL teams are looking to join the NAHL in some capacity, possibly not quite following the same cost structure though. Since the NAHL is partial pay to play, I've heard those teams are investigating to see if they can be partial pay to play like the NAHL, but kids pay a lot more than what current NAHL kids do. It's tough for junior teams out east to turn a profit since the hockey market is so saturated.

As the linked story mentions, the USAH winter meetings are in progress, so hopefully we'll see a lot of info soon. Until then, it's just fun speculation.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
NAHL has no cost except billet. EJ teams charge 5K+....thats a big difference/bridge to cost. Let alone other costs like equipment and housing on trips.

TopCityAirCapHockey

Mar 5, 2008
USHL- Tier I, free to play, top of the barrel, most scholarships

NAHL-Tier II, billet cost only, good amount of scholarships

NA3HL/EJHL/AJHL(US)- Tier III, pay to play, EJ gets same amt of scholarships as NAHL [mostly due to geography]

By West Coast I think you mean Western States{WSHL}-Tier III but under the auspices of AAU hockey, getting better and better every year

Midwest Junior Hockey League {MWJHL}- AAU Tier III

USPHL- proposed, mostly teams from the current EJHL that want to be Tier I (like the USHL) but retain pay-to-play model. not happening for next season

SPHL- Southern Professional Hockey League

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->