USPHL Relocation/expansion for 2021/2022

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
everywhere between the USPHL Site...just as you see multiple threads on the same topic here..... Hershey sites, as well, because of how attune the fanbases past and present are, and Boudreau's connection to the Bears and pro hockey in general, some have followed his progress as far back as the late 1970s, when pro hockey was in the Canadian Maritimes, notably Moncton, New Brunswick.

if any hockey fan doesn't know who Bruce Boudreau is, then in reality why are u posting here.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Should I be surprised (no, not at how this thread has gone ...) at the ability of a junior team to afford the rent at Hersheypark Arena? I know it plays second fiddle to the big money @ Giant Center, but I would've thought the older facility because of its seating capacity gets enough mid-level entertainment business in a non-pandemic year to fill weekend dates without including low-level junior hockey as a tenant. Maybe Bruce Boudreau's presence in the community brings enough value to warrant the deal, or there's some underlying or backstage component to this partnership unspoken in the USPHL announcement posted by @Barclay Donaldson?

Business decisions aside, I am intrigued as an avid road-tripping hockey fan to have an opportunity of visiting this old barn. Looks like I've got a new route map to gen up. Thanks for the heads up, HUTCH. :handclap:

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Should I be surprised (no, not at how this thread has gone ...) at the ability of a junior team to afford the rent at Hersheypark Arena? I know it plays second fiddle to the big money @ Giant Center, but I would've thought the older facility because of its seating capacity gets enough mid-level entertainment business in a non-pandemic year to fill weekend dates without including low-level junior hockey as a tenant. Maybe Bruce Boudreau's presence in the community brings enough value to warrant the deal, or there's some underlying or backstage component to this partnership unspoken in the USPHL announcement posted by @Barclay Donaldson?

Business decisions aside, I am intrigued as an avid road-tripping hockey fan to have an opportunity of visiting this old barn. Looks like I've got a new route map to gen up. Thanks for the heads up, HUTCH. :handclap:
now you know why I follow the sport, not just individual teams and/or leagues..... from what I've seen so far support is genuine to get the original arena there notice, because yes, HERCO, still operates it..... (in all honesty, there's no way you'd ever see a venue like HPA fall into history like the Spectrum did 15-20 years ago).... if, to give that area another option, other than the Bears, shouldn't be ignored)....

they'll co-exist just fine

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine

The ice is in for almost the entire winter season as it is the home of the Lebanon Valley College men and women's NCAA D3 teams. It also hosts some local youth games. The ice is in place anyways. If it is not used, then it is wasted. This team will likely practice four or five days per week at low-demand hours, like the morning or early afternoon, when the ice would regularly sit unused. This likely represents over $1,000 income per week for Hersheypark and the team offers much more than it takes. I have played LVC at this arena at this arena. To be renting the facility is not very expensive. It is essentially operated as a normal community rink, albeit with 7,000 seats and countless hockey histories.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
everywhere between the USPHL Site...just as you see multiple threads on the same topic here..... Hershey sites, as well, because of how attune the fanbases past and present are, and Boudreau's connection to the Bears and pro hockey in general, some have followed his progress as far back as the late 1970s, when pro hockey was in the Canadian Maritimes, notably Moncton, New Brunswick.

if any hockey fan doesn't know who Bruce Boudreau is, then in reality why are u posting here.

Good luck Gabby.

kij

Jan 31, 2016

Instead of being a rude and belligerent pineapple, you could have simply linked the USPHL announcement.

Bruce Boudreau To Bring USPHL Junior Hockey Team To Hershey

Good luck to the new team.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
TEAM HAS BEEN named the Hershey Cubs;

HOME - Hershey Cubs Hockey
Hershey-Cubs-Skating-Bear-Logo.png

Not sure why the random halo is there, but I like this name and logo other than that.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO

Not sure why the random halo is there, but I like this name and logo other than that.
Does the pose look familiar?

MN Fighting Saints Logo.gif

The only nuance that the Cubs' logo designer screwed up IMO was in leaving the left skate lace untied. It was like that on the Fighting Saints logo to complement the bent & wired halo and the sinister smile on the skater's face. The Cub's gear details should reflect innocence, not disarray.

Last edited:
Reactions: BOS358 and mk80

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

Charitable efforts, is why the halo's there....

there was a similar team way back in the days the Eastern Hockey League(1938-1939), the same league the famed Bears started in before the creation of the AHL as we know it today.

Last edited:

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights To Join USPHL Premier, Elite Divisions For 2021-22

USPHL expands to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton as well. This organization has been on a roller coaster the last decade.

WBS Knights were originally in the AtJHL, joined the EHL instead of the USPHL when the junior hockey world broke apart in 2013. They had their midget program only as part of the USPHL for a brief time. They then were in the NAHL and had the NA3AHL team team. They dropped the NA3AHL team and returned to the EHL. They tried to switch to the NA3HL/NAHL model but the NA3HL team didn't get off the ground. They then sold the NAHL team to Danbury last summer and fielded no junior teams this year, which in retrospect was probably a smart move. Now they add Premier and Elite teams to the USPHL.

hockeydude12345

Jan 8, 2020
Do you think they will get approve for a NCDC program in the future? I mean like they have the experience, and their facilities are a lot better than some of the current ncdc programs

Reactions: JMCx4

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
Do you think they will get approve for a NCDC program in the future? I mean like they have the experience, and their facilities are a lot better than some of the current ncdc programs

It's a possibility. They meet one of the few requirements for a NCDC team, which is the rink and the organization are under same ownership.

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
Reactions: mk80

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
The Death Pool – Palm Beach Hawks Are Dead More Casualties On The Way
Statement On Florida Hockey Referencing Recent USPHL Palm Beach Hawks News
DAILY DISH: Good Morning From Las Vegas

Tim Kyrkostas built the program up from scratch out of the youth hockey organization. He left to join IHC in North Andover. Québecois expatriates take over and it ceases to exist shortly after.
Ah the drama that comes with Tier III junior hockey sometimes.

Seems like the current group should have a better go of it. The USPHL has set up a nice presence in Florida and the Southeast.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad