USPHL 2013-14 Season Thread

MiracleOnSkates

Jan 12, 2014
I don't know about that. It worries me that they have not even announced tryout dates yet. Only a few weeks away from tryout season.

Should be interesting to see. Yankees are getting a new coach from what I hear too. Seems like every other team is staying status quo.

I really think the league should top out as a 12 team league. I don't think we'll see the Monarchs there, but who knows.

Yes, they have found a new coach. I think a big road block for them expanding this year was due to their owner passing.

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
Yes, they have found a new coach. I think a big road block for them expanding this year was due to their owner passing.

If you don't mind me asking, who are the new coaches for both PJP and CTY? Can't seem to find anything on either team. Just heard they were being replaced.

WNY Hockey Prospects

Mar 24, 2013
Rochester, NY
If you don't mind me asking, who are the new coaches for both PJP and CTY? Can't seem to find anything on either team. Just heard they were being replaced.

You're probably having trouble finding this info because finding ANY info on the USPHL is like pulling teeth. Their website is AWFUL and it does nothing to help their fans or boost their credibility as an alternative to the USHL, fair or not. I realize it's just a website and has nothing to do with the quality of play on the ice, but you can pay a college web design student $1,000 to build and maintain a site for the season and it would be exponentially better than what they have now. I can't ever find info on USPHL teams, games or stats with the exception of the Elite Division, which seems to be monitored and updated frequently by someone

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
You're probably having trouble finding this info because finding ANY info on the USPHL is like pulling teeth. Their website is AWFUL and it does nothing to help their fans or boost their credibility as an alternative to the USHL, fair or not. I realize it's just a website and has nothing to do with the quality of play on the ice, but you can pay a college web design student $1,000 to build and maintain a site for the season and it would be exponentially better than what they have now. I can't ever find info on USPHL teams, games or stats with the exception of the Elite Division, which seems to be monitored and updated frequently by someone

Agreed. Website is a joke. I also don't like USHL.com too much. I feel it's crowded. The NAHL has a great website. Very simple, but loaded with information and easy to navigate.

MiracleOnSkates

Jan 12, 2014

I completely agree, but there are reasons why some people don't know some information. Alot of the teams like to keep everything major hush-hush until they are sure that everything will work out. I think that they just want to make sure some information doesn't get to the wrong people.

Native New Yorker

Feb 24, 2014
Ok so we're up and running for another year. New organizations added and new coaches and names for some existing clubs. Two weeks in and here's what I'm seeing. The Kings out to a fast start and seem to be loaded with a couple NHL draft picks and solid supporting cast. Junior B's always tough and this year injected with some really young talent and some welcomed returnees from other leagues. IHC leveling off after a poor start. Won last three and have another stable of higher-end players. NJH have a nice group returning and a player coming back after a year in Hockey East; should challenge. Philly returns a good portion of their team after a successful 1st campaign.USPHL website seems to have finally been updated and changed, (for the better). Let's hear it - who's got some predictions and comments on how this season is all going to play out?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad