JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
USPHL 2013-14 Season Thread
RmZMke7.jpg

Last edited:

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
IHCs Summer showdown was this weekend. I believe most of the Premier teams were there aside from the Hitmen. Did anyone get to catch some games? How was it looking

angus94

Jul 15, 2013
Any chance that the showcases this weekend will be broadcast by fast hockey?

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
Islanders Hockey Club beats the Jersey Hitmen (White) 1-0 to win the tournament in the last EJHL Summer Showcase ever!
http://www.easternjunior.com/game/show/5412463

Not surprised. They were the only team that didnt have their players split up this weekend. I find it surprising that they only beat the Hitmen by one goal considering both the hitmen teams were evenly split from what the scores indicate.

I heard IHC looked like **** at the summer showdown, getting blown out a few games.

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
Not surprised. They were the only team that didnt have their players split up this weekend. I find it surprising that they only beat the Hitmen by one goal considering both the hitmen teams were evenly split from what the scores indicate.

I heard IHC looked like **** at the summer showdown, getting blown out a few games.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was a completely different squad. I don't know if there are any teams with rosters set yet.

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
Wouldn't be surprised if it was a completely different squad. I don't know if there are any teams with rosters set yet.

The rosters that were listed last weekend had the players team for the upcoming year listed next to their names.

SSK
PAL Jr Islanders
Clearbridge (Team was split but mostly JR Flyers Elite and college players, was short alot of players on each team.)
Jr Bruins (mostly team plus some USHL players)
And PJP had their full rosters for the most part.

The other two teams were either split in half (having 2 teams) or missing a majority of their roster from the upcoming season.

I guess what I'm getting at is the competition was probably better at this tournament than the EJ showcase last weekend.

Sure players will be added here and there, but the rosters are alot more set than most people believe. Alot of teams just don't want to show what they have before the season starts.

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
USPHL Announces 2013-14 Schedules

@USPHLProspects: USPHL Announces Premier, U18, U16 Schedules http://dlvr.it/3lP8tr

#USPHL

Some final scheduling issues are still being worked out, but it looks like the first Premier Division USPHL game will take place Saturday, September 14, as the Portland Jr. Pirates host the South Shore Kings at the MHG Ice Center in Saco, Maine.

All 9 Premier teams will play a grueling 48-game scheduling starting around Labor Day Weekend and concluding the weekend of February 23.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Jeben, can you explain the difference between premier, empire, and elite? Like what existing league would each class compare to? Not sure why they did this.

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
Jeben, can you explain the difference between premier, empire, and elite? Like what existing league would each class compare to? Not sure why they did this.

Premier is going to be a new class of league. The founding teams wanted to be a major-junior style league with players still maintaining their college eligibility. It's too early to tell, but I would compare this talent to the USHL as most teams have players with QMJHL, OHL, USHL or NAHL experience. It's hard to say about the Elite Division. It is supposedly the same league as the EJ but I believe most EJ players moved to Premier. And with Elite now containing northern and southern teams, some games could be ugly. Would Portland's 2nd team be as good as Rochester's top team? Empire is the same as last season, Jr B with both other jr league being A. I'd say
USPHL A
Elite C+
Empire D

And how about Euro players?

Not sure of any Euros yet until rosters are posted.

end2endrush

Sep 6, 2012
How does the newly formed EHL fit into the mix here? I understand theres no affiliation but competition wise what is it below Premier and NAHL?

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
Premier is going to be a new class of league. The founding teams wanted to be a major-junior style league with players still maintaining their college eligibility. It's too early to tell, but I would compare this talent to the USHL as most teams have players with QMJHL, OHL, USHL or NAHL experience. It's hard to say about the Elite Division. It is supposedly the same league as the EJ but I believe most EJ players moved to Premier. And with Elite now containing northern and southern teams, some games could be ugly. Would Portland's 2nd team be as good as Rochester's top team? Empire is the same as last season, Jr B with both other jr league being A. I'd say
USPHL A
Elite C+
Empire D

Not sure of any Euros yet until rosters are posted.

This.

Also, in regards to Euros, I do know for a fact there will be euros on most teams in this league. Do not want to reveal players names yet though.

As for the EHF, it will slot in below the Premier league and NAHL, but above the Elite division. To what extent the difference will be remains to be seen though.

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
This.

Also, in regards to Euros, I do know for a fact there will be euros on most teams in this league. Do not want to reveal players names yet though.

As for the EHF, it will slot in below the Premier league and NAHL, but above the Elite division. To what extent the difference will be remains to be seen though.

Some kid from Latvia "Haralds Egle" who was drafted into the KHL is on Portland

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Not going to lie, I know next to nothing about the USPHL, but fingers crossed that it develops well and flourishes. Having an alternative to the USHL and NAHL in terms of top-tier and middle-tier development in the United States can only be a good thing. Just hope there's enough talent for the additional roster spots.

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
Not going to lie, I know next to nothing about the USPHL, but fingers crossed that it develops well and flourishes. Having an alternative to the USHL and NAHL in terms of top-tier and middle-tier development in the United States can only be a good thing. Just hope there's enough talent for the additional roster spots.

I personally think it will be stronger than the NAHL next year if only for the fact that the NAHL is diluted with its 28 teams. On the USHL front, I thiink alot of people will be surprised in the coming years with the amount of east coast players staying home to play versus going away to play in the USHL. It may take some time, but I do think it will rival the USHL eventually. In an ideal world, the NAHL would contract and it would even up the talent pool, but everyone knows that isn't going to happen.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Yeah, the NAHL's composition has always surprised me given the shear geographic range involved. They almost make the ECHL look compact by comparison.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad