Usntdp

The Exiled One

Sep 1, 2006
State of Hockey
www.dahuskies.com
Most of the roster has now been leaked. The invitees that have accepted invitations are in bold.

Forwards
Sam Alfieri (Buffalo, NY - Shattuck St. Mary's U16)
Tyler Brickler (Riverwoods, Ill. - Chicago Mission U16)
Zach Budish (Edina, Minn. - Edina H.S.)
Jerry D'Amigo (Binghamton, N.Y. - Binghamton Jr. B Senators)
Ryan Daughtery (Allen, Texas - Dallas Alliance U16)
Tyler Maxwell (Redondo Beach, Calif. - LA Selects U16)
Nick Oliver (Roseau, Minn. - Roseau H.S.)
Tyler Pitlick (Centerville, Minn. Centennial H.S.)
Kenny Ryan (Franklin, Mich. - Honeybaked U16)
Zach Tatrn (Lower Burrell, Pa. - Pittsburgh Predators U16)
David Valick (unable to participate due to injury)
Steven Whitney (Reading, Mass. - Lawrence Academy)
Kevin Lynch (Grosse Point Woods, Mich. - Honeybaked U16)
Ryan Bourque (Topsfield, Mass. - Cushing Academy)
Chris Brown (Flower Mound, Texas - Honeybaked U16)
Dakota Eveland (Anaheim, Calif. - LA Selects U16)
John Henrion (Holden, Mass. - Boston Jr. Bruins)
Jeremy Morin (Auburn, N.Y. - Syracuse Stars)
Cody Murphy (Highwood, Ill. - Team Illinois U18)
Kyle Palmieri (Montvale, N.J. - NJ Devils U16)
Drew Shore (Cherry Hills Village, Co. - Honeybaked U16)
A.J. Treais (unable to participate due to injury)
Ryan Walters (Rosemount, Minn. - St. Thomas Academy)
Matt White (McMurray, Pa. - Pittsburgh Hornets U16)
Joe Zarbo (Grand Island, N.Y. - Rochester Americans)

Defense
Tyler Amburgey (Rowlett, Texas - Texas Attack U18)
Sam Calabrese (Park Ridge, Ill. - Team Illinois U18)
Richie Crowley (Canton, Mass. - Thayer Academy)
Cam Fowler (Northville, Mich. - Honeybaked U16)
Ben Hughes (Jacksonville, Fla. - Shattuck St. Mary's U16)
Paul Phillips (Darien, Ill. - Chicago Chill U18)
Brendan Rempel (Willington, Conn. - Pomfret School)
Philip Samuelsson (Scottsdale, Ariz. - PF Chang's U16 (Ariz.)
Bjorn Krupp (Atlanta, Ga. - TPH Thunder)
Nick Mattson (Chanhassen, Minn. - Chaska H.S.)
John Ramage (Chesterfield, Mo. - St. Louis Amateur Blues U18)
Nate Schmidt (St. Cloud, Minn. - St. Cloud Cathedral)
Beau Schmitz (Howell, Mich. - Belle Tire U16)
David Shields (Rochester, N.Y. - Rochester Jr. B Americans)
Brad Walch (Saginaw, Mich. - Honeybaked U16)
William Wrenn (Anchorage, Alaska - LA Selects U16)

Goalies
Hudson Stremmel (Reno, Nev. - California Northstars U18)
Clay Witt (Brandon, Fla. - Boston Jr. Bruins)
Jeff Teglia (Bloomingdale, Ill. - Chicago Mission U16)
Joe Cannata (Wakefield, Mass. - Boston College H.S.)
Brandon Maxwell (Winter Park, Fla. - Cambridge Hawks Minor)
C.J. Motte (St. Clair, Mich. - Honeybaked U16)

Notice that there are now seven defensemen on the team (and Calabrese and Schmidt are not amongst them?). So far, Nick Mattson is the only Minnesotan on the team (from what is considered by some as one of the deepest talent classes in a few years). It's highly likely that he'll end up the lone representative. Budish, Oliver, and Walters are in very strong programs already and would likely turn down an invitation if offered. Pitlick is in a moderately decent program, but he's also a bit small.

So, we're still waiting on six or seven forwards, one more goalie, and possible one more defenseman. The total will be 23 players.

Last edited:

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
they're not even close to being as good as the 88 group. i think the ntdp, ushl, and whl have realized it means much more to minnestota kids to stay home and play for their high school then it does to kids in other parts of the country. therefor they recruit them under the assumption its going to be hard to get them to leave home, at least while there in high school. plus you probably could make a select team of just minnesota kids that would be competetive with the ntdp team. it looks like the ntdp has been moving more towards getting kids from non traditional hockey spots and developing them, because they think kids from hockey hotspots will develope regardless. jeremy morin and zach budish will develope whether they play for the ntdp or not. maybe they dont feel the same about kids from florida, california, texas, georgia, arizona etc.

Bobby39

Jan 19, 2007
they're not even close to being as good as the 88 group. i think the ntdp, ushl, and whl have realized it means much more to minnestota kids to stay home and play for their high school then it does to kids in other parts of the country. therefor they recruit them under the assumption its going to be hard to get them to leave home, at least while there in high school. plus you probably could make a select team of just minnesota kids that would be competetive with the ntdp team. it looks like the ntdp has been moving more towards getting kids from non traditional hockey spots and developing them, because they think kids from hockey hotspots will develope regardless. jeremy morin and zach budish will develope whether they play for the ntdp or not. maybe they dont feel the same about kids from florida, california, texas, georgia, arizona etc.

I thought that Budish was just average at the Top 40 camp, big kid that moves okay but didn't really do anything. I thought that both Zachs (Tatrn) were full of potential but leave you wanting more.....just my two cents!

The Exiled One

Sep 1, 2006
State of Hockey
www.dahuskies.com
What if more than 23 accept? Do they just pick their favored 23 out of the ones who accepted?
Generally, USA Hockey only extends invitations to players they think will accept (part of the reason some really talented kids are shunned, which I personally believe is a mistake). However, I'm sure they extend the final few offers one at a time, waiting for an answer before the extending the next invitation. It's highly likely that the last few invitations won't be extended until after the National Select Camps.

CapsWolverinesUSA

Jan 3, 2007
I've seen Vallick, Brown, Ryan, Fowler, Shore and Schmitz play among those who have accepted. Cam Fowler is going to be a very, very high draft pick in a few years. He is amongst the smoothest defensemen you will ever see at this age level. Best US born D prospect since the two Johnsons.

Last edited:

mnhowitzer

Jul 7, 2006
Rabid....

What's the story on Mattson as far as the NCAAs in concerned? I'm assuming he's narrowing down his choices, do you have insight as to which schools are offering scholarships and going after him hard?

Vince15

Jan 30, 2007
Is Ryan Bourque the son of Ray, Bjorn Krupp the son of Uwe and John Ramage the son of Rob?

The Exiled One

Sep 1, 2006
State of Hockey
www.dahuskies.com
Rabid....

What's the story on Mattson as far as the NCAAs in concerned? I'm assuming he's narrowing down his choices, do you have insight as to which schools are offering scholarships and going after him hard?
I'm not Rabid, but I'll see if I can answer anyway. The word is (from the Gophers board) that offers have been extended by two WCHA schools (unknown) and that the Gophers will also extend an offer at some point. Again, I don't know if SCSU was one of the two schools.

PuckFan01

Apr 14, 2002
Visit site
Generally, USA Hockey only extends invitations to players they think will accept (part of the reason some really talented kids are shunned, which I personally believe is a mistake).

How do you figure? In this year alone, Henrion and Whitney were extended an invite but they turned it down. The program has been turned down a number of times. It almost seems like you are trying to make excuses for a few guys who didn't get an invite.

The Exiled One

Sep 1, 2006
State of Hockey
www.dahuskies.com
How do you figure? In this year alone, Henrion and Whitney were extended an invite but they turned it down. The program has been turned down a number of times. It almost seems like you are trying to make excuses for a few guys who didn't get an invite.
Despite the fact that USA Hockey tends to invite those that they expect to accept, they still get turned down on occasion. That's just what happens, and I don't have particular loyalty to ANY of these talented young men. Though like everybody else, I like to see my state represented.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia

henrion is probably going to the Q.

BlueJays

Dec 12, 2005
You heard it here first on Maxwell...

Goalie Maxwell lives in Cambridge Ontario. His name is the only goalie's name in bold, meaning that he has accepted his invitation.

However, he is currently smack in between a covert recruiting 'war' between the Kitchener Rangers & the London Knights of the OHL.

Everyone knows that these 2 OHL teams have the 'means' to convince players to report, even though they may declare prior to the OHL draft that they're " playing elsewhere so don't bother drafting me"

London is 'rumoured' to have forked over a tidy sum equivalent to a full-ride scholly to Patrick Kane to entice him to report to London instead of the NCAA route and to entice Sam Gagner they hired his father Dave as a very high-paid assistant coach.

Don't be surprised to hear the name of Brandon Maxwell called in the 1st or 2nd round of the OHL draft on May 5th, by either of the two aforementioned teams!

AKbeast

Mar 27, 2007
murray

What is the deal with Adam Murray i know that he was invited to play and has accepted, as he left in january... and does anyone think that Wrenn or Murray can succeed at the nhl level?

WesternCollegeHockey

Jul 13, 2006
What is the deal with Adam Murray i know that he was invited to play and has accepted, as he left in january... and does anyone think that Wrenn or Murray can succeed at the nhl level?

Murray played with the U17s a little bit this year, and apparently has done pretty well, and there are some colleges that are extremely interested in them.

I think it's still too early to make any sort of guess on the NHL.

Minnesota Hockey

Apr 23, 2007
Word has it from Ryan Walters dad if he is asked he will committ immediately to the NDTP program without hesitation. He has a 1/2 a dozen friends from the east coast that already committed and fellow MN Blades teammate Nick Mattson who has committed.
Walters is a definite yes is asked.
My dad is good friends with their family.

RUSqueelin*

Nov 2, 2005
Can anyone comment on Beau Schmitz? Anyone seen him play and how good is he, size? Rumour that he may end up in the OHL.

WesternCollegeHockey

Jul 13, 2006
Can anyone comment on Beau Schmitz? Anyone seen him play and how good is he, size? Rumour that he may end up in the OHL.

Great skater, sees the ice very well, and is an excellent passer. Perhaps a little small for a defenseman, but extremely talented. I'd be surprised if he ended up in the OHL, since he's already committed to college hockey.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia

apparently the gap between himself and fowler isnt as large as once thought. may be the 2nd or 3rd best US 91 defenseman. a big difference is fowler is 6-2, and schmitz is 5-10, but a solid 190.

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
Can anybody explain this to me a little? Who qualifies for this team? Just anybody who isn't drafted that isn't playing Juniors? So do they just pick the best High School players that they think will accept?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->