USNTDP 04/05 Roster Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
It'll be interesting to see how Flynn, Geoffrion, Erik Johnson, McBain, Montgomery, O'Brien, Sweatt, Rakhshani, Strait, Summers, etc. do. All have been pretty highly touted prospects. Especially O'Brien, being the lone '89.

PuckFan01

Apr 14, 2002
Visit site
Oilers Chick said:
Johnson recently (verbally) committed to playing his college hockey at Minnesota. This according to the Pioneer Press site.

He is a major catch for Minnesota. He might be the top defenseman of his age in the U.S.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
How is it a player from Ontario ends up on this team?

I thought Pat Kane who scored 77 goals and 85 assists last year for the Detroit Honeybaked 88's was suppsoed to be named to the program, but I see he wasn't. :huh:

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Bailey is a dual-citizen. There have been a number of others in the program in the past.

Kane wasn't even invited to the NTDP tryout camp. For some reason, USA Hockey just doesn't seem to think highly of him. He seems to have pretty incredible scoring ability (he's playing with the US U17 select team in Europe right now and has 5 goals through two games) but he's quite small (5'8" 147). The NTDP has taken small guys before though so it must be something else that they don't like. The last I heard was that he was going to try and make it with London in the OHL but I wonder if they even have room for him.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
cagney said:
Bailey is a dual-citizen. There have been a number of others in the program in the past.

Kane wasn't even invited to the NTDP tryout camp. For some reason, USA Hockey just doesn't seem to think highly of him. He seems to have pretty incredible scoring ability (he's playing with the US U17 select team in Europe right now and has 5 goals through two games) but he's quite small (5'8" 147). The NTDP has taken small guys before though so it must be something else that they don't like. The last I heard was that he was going to try and make it with London in the OHL but I wonder if they even have room for him.

Oh, that thought crossed my mind, but since it indicated he was originally from Napeen and seemingly still living there since he played for the Napeen Raiders last season, I ruled that out. But re-thinking it, I guess one of his parents could originally be from the states or something.

I'm a London fan and after the draft, most articles indicated that both Kane and Montgomery were top round talent but slid in the OHL draft only because they were each commited to the US U17 program and very unlikely to ever play in the OHL. I saw Montgomery's name there and was surprised Kane's wasn't there aswell. It will be very tough for Kane to earn a spot on a deep Knights team this year (especially considering they've already signed 2 underagers), but if he isn't playing for the under 17 program, that opens the door for him to play for London's Western junior B affiliate in Petrolia. A league that's easy to follow up here and opens the door for him to be called up throughout the year.

Last edited:

barnabyrules

Apr 29, 2004
30 Frazee, Jeff G 6-0 201 5/13/1987 L Burnsville, Minn. NTDP

Does anybody have any info about him, like possible potential and stats.

Thanks

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
barnabyrules said:
30 Frazee, Jeff G 6-0 201 5/13/1987 L Burnsville, Minn. NTDP

Does anybody have any info about him, like possible potential and stats.

Thanks

Here's his stats from last season -

GP: 41
Record: 23-11-1
SOs: 2
Minutes Played: 2,243:53
GAA: 273
Save Percentage: .916

He's verbally committed to playing for the University of Minnesota.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Pat Kane has supposedly been invited to the NTDP. He had been on the tryout roster for the London Knights but I guess things didn't work out with them. Anybody have anymore information on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad