USMNT Thread Part VIII

Sep 19, 2008
US has a very bright future with all these lads excelling in foreign leagues.

Does Hoppe have a chance of making the MNT?

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
The more striker depth the better. Not getting my hopes (lol) up for him yet, but at the moment he's in better form than Sargent on a much worse team.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

“Lots of good players. Lots of good players in Germany, in England, even in the Championship. The players are coming and the players have quality. You can find different qualities in the players. It’s not like everyone is a technical, creative player like the Chelsea boy [Christian Pulisic]. It’s not like everyone is physical. I think there are quite a mixture of qualities… You have the players to have a very interesting national team,” Mourinho said.

Mourinho has always talked about his plan to manage in Major League Soccer one day and his affinity for taking teams to Los Angeles as a base for preseason training (particularly the Beverley Hills area) should be noted.

He also had this to say about MLS, and said he watches it when he can.

“I know that you have in this moment a lot of foreign players coming from Central American countries and others. But there are still good domestic players coming and you give them the opportunity,” Mourinho said. “The example of the Canadian boy [Alphonso Davies] at Bayern is the kind of situation that opens the eyes to European scouts. In this moment, European scouts, they have an eye on MLS. I promise you that. People now, they believe they can scout and they can find good players in there. So the production is very positive.”

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I want more

f0a150cb643ab8e32bb882ac26e7fa08.gif

Also was hoping to see Dike start, but it is what it is

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
I know there not a good team. But these are the type of games along with the last 2 that previous US teams would have won 2 or 3 nil. Feels good to beat up on these teams that are much worse than us.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
You guys are sleeping on Bobby Wood.

He scored his first goal in like 2 years over the weekend in the 2nd Bundesliga. He's lucky no other striker has stepped up to take the job, but if we're being honest he's way down the list on the depth chart.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
How far-fetched would running a 3-5-2 be? I feel like we have the pool to do it and it really helps play to our fullback's strengths while mitigating some of their weaknesses.
Something like:

----------------Sargent
-------Pulisic-----------Reyna
--------Mckennie----Adams
Robinson----------------------Dest
------Brooks---Long---Richards
-----------------Steffen

Obviously there's some competition for spots with guys like Musah, Weah, Cannon, Dike, Miazga, Mckenzie, Aaronson, etc. but just laying something out. Thoughts?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad