USMNT Thread Part VIII

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I wished we'd give Antonee Robinson another look for the senior team. Much rather him than Lovitz or Ream

Zero Pucks Given

American Hero
Mar 21, 2015
Southern CA
Makes sense. I don’t know why the facepalm. Unless you’re commenting on something someone that I ignore said. We definitely need to win these games to not look like a laughing stock.

Lovitz
Roldan
Trapp

Three guys off the top of my head who've shown already they are not NT quality, period. Yet our moron of a coach calls them up over guys like Robinson and Holmes because of his stupid "system."

Are you sure that's not facepalm worthy?

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Lovitz
Roldan
Trapp

Three guys off the top of my head who've shown already they are not NT quality, period. Yet our moron of a coach calls them up over guys like Robinson and Holmes because of his stupid "system."

Are you sure that's not facepalm worthy?
Roldan’s a funny name because he’s been better than Pulisic recently also not in this camp. Also Robinson is playing with the youth teams cause he’s not good enough for the full team. Holmes isn’t great either. Trapp I agree with but you need a guy that knows the system. Also who replaces him? He’s a very unique player. Well not really but in the USMNT player pool.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

Progress? :laugh:

That's always the talk, but lets say we somehow lose to Canada and Cuba, then he's definitely fired. I'd fire him if he loses to Canada again.

The problem is, we are in big trouble to qualify for 2022 regardless. Either we stick with Berhalter or we start from square one again.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
That's always the talk, but lets say we somehow lose to Canada and Cuba, then he's definitely fired. I'd fire him if he loses to Canada again.

The problem is, we are in big trouble to qualify for 2022 regardless. Either we stick with Berhalter or we start from square one again.
I think Berhalter stays until after this cycle.

IceColdOx

Jan 29, 2019
Watertown, NY
Say what you will about the Nations League, but failing to advance from a group with Canada and Cuba is a horrible, horrible look.

We pulled the trigger on firing Klinsmann to quickly. He was dragging us kicking and screaming into the 21st century, but had to get all provincial.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The Federation desperately needs someone from the outside once these guys are inevitably out after more failures.

Someone needs to tell them that we don't have the talent to play a single pretty system and stick to that system. We have to play ugly and adapt to our opponents. I think the MLS brains thought that US talent was better than it was because the league started to get South American talent and Euros, which allowed for a more offensive style in the league, but it's minor league caliber.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
While the team deserves to be winning, it can still be a lot better. 2 goals were off set pieces and the 3rd was off a ban turnover. Canadians still controlling possession and putting pressure on our defense.

Zero Pucks Given

American Hero
Mar 21, 2015
Southern CA
So...that was kind of refreshing to see. A Berhalter sub actually resulted in a goal for once.

Anyways, obviously Berhalter still has a lot of room for improvement but I guess it's a start.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
So...that was kind of refreshing to see. A Berhalter sub actually resulted in a goal for once.

Anyways, obviously Berhalter still has a lot of room for improvement but I guess it's a start.

Deserved win and a much needed win. It can still be very frustrating to watch at times, but this is what the teams needs to be doing in these kind of games. Still think both Mexico and Costa Rica would wipe the floor with us, but you're right it is a start.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Progress? :laugh:

They keep having crowds like that and he might be out. Not that it is the entire picture, but when was the last time the entire upper bowl of a stadium was empty like that. I mean Darke and Twellman had trouble avoiding mentioning it a few times and didn't cover for that at all. They can keep pretending this isn't dire but I think we know most are completely dissatisfied with the current state of the program.

I think the scoreline was a little flattering last night to be honest. They deserved to win, but I leave that game with a lot of the same reservations about the group and I am confused by a bunch the articles trying to spin a home win over Canada as a big positive point. I expect to throttle Canada if we are staging a friendly in Timbuktu. I know they are improving but man are the goalposts moving massively if we are reading into wins like this where we are still not seeing enough of the ball and the system looks lost for large stretches.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
God this game was so boring. A win is a win, but it was far from enthusiastic. Closes out an incredibly underwhelming 2019 from this team. 2 losses against Mexico, a loss against Canada and beating up on the little sisters of the poor

Zero Pucks Given

American Hero
Mar 21, 2015
Southern CA
God this game was so boring. A win is a win, but it was far from enthusiastic. Closes out an incredibly underwhelming 2019 from this team. 2 losses against Mexico, a loss against Canada and beating up on the little sisters of the poor

Our CNL group was one that frankly, we should've walked through. No reason to need a result in the final game against Cuba to clinch but Berhalter gonna Berhalter.

But of course because of last night, all the useful idiots are back out of the woodwork to remind the rest of us that we're literally "chicken little" and "negative nancy" just for still being skeptical of the coach's 'system'.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad