USMNT Thread Part VIII

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
LOL. Longer than I had thought (1992)

Also Canada last qualified for a WC in 1986

Remind me again why I should fear Canada

Well they probably have a better than us, on paper that is. Yes, we should still be strong favorites because of numerous factors, but I don't think we can scoff at them

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Well they probably have a better than us, on paper that is. Yes, we should still be strong favorites because of numerous factors, but I don't think we can scoff at them
They don't have a better team on paper, but the US will always find new ways to disappoint.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Overall I think they have a pretty similar level of team right now. Give me David and Davies over the American stars though.
Agreed with the last sentence. W are still miles behind everywhere else though still.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
No shot do I take any of their attackers over Pulisic. That said, if you list out the next ten attackers (strikers, wingers, attacking mids) between the two nations, I think I have more Canadians than Americans.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Why? How?
I mean, because I think they're better players? The more I watch Jonathan David he reminds me so much of Aguero right now (obviously not on that level, probably never will be) with his timing, movement, ability to provide for others and his calm-as-you-like finishing. Did you see his goal against Cuba? His calm demeanor, especially under pressure, and intelligence are gonna allow him to be prolific at every level I think.

Davies is just the total package. There's a reason he's getting gametime at Bayern, and scoring, at the age of 18.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I mean, because I think they're better players? The more I watch Jonathan David he reminds me so much of Aguero right now (obviously not on that level, probably never will be) with his timing, movement, ability to provide for others and his calm-as-you-like finishing. Did you see his goal against Cuba? His calm demeanor, especially under pressure, and intelligence are gonna allow him to be prolific at every level I think.

Davies is just the total package. There's a reason he's getting gametime at Bayern, and scoring, at the age of 18.
Getting game time at 18? :laugh: he has played a total of 26 minutes for Bayern. If that’s game time to you then wow.

Fantastic. David scores a nice goal. Pulisic drags the US and scores nice goals and sets up nice plays in what feels like every game. If you take either of them over Pulisic then you are just delusional. There’s a reason Pulisic got game time for Dortmund (and a whole lot more than 26 minutes) at 18.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Getting game time at 18? :laugh: he has played a total of 26 minutes for Bayern. If that’s game time to you then wow.

Fantastic. David scores a nice goal. Pulisic drags the US and scores nice goals and sets up nice plays in what feels like every game. If you take either of them over Pulisic then you are just delusional. There’s a reason Pulisic got game time for Dortmund (and a whole lot more than 26 minutes) at 18.
If you say so; you probably know all 3 best so I'll defer to your assessment on this one (I especially like the 'David scores a nice goal' bit, as though it's the only goal he's ever scored).

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yep agreed considering you offered nothing to compare them and just stated style of play for David and very bad information about Davies.
I am delusional, what else is there to offer (we'll ignore the difference between an 18 year old playing for Dortmund and Bayern, and that they've played...3 games this season, and that David has scored 11 goals in 9 games since 2018 for Canada on top of assists while being a year younger, and Pulisic has...4 in 12)?

I offered my opinion that I would take David and Davies over Pulisic and your response was 'anyone who would take them over Pulisic is delusional' -- what else is there to say? You're definitely the authority here.

Reactions: Cassano

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I am delusional, what else is there to offer (we'll ignore the difference between an 18 year old playing for Dortmund and Bayern, and that they've played...3 games this season, and that David has scored 11 goals in 9 games since 2018 for Canada on top of assists while being a year younger, and Pulisic has...4 in 12)?

I offered my opinion that I would take David and Davies over Pulisic and your response was 'anyone who would take them over Pulisic is delusional' -- what else is there to say? You're definitely the authority here.
No my response was why. You didn’t compare them at all. That’s the point.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

Dortmund then and Bayern now aren’t that far apart. Also, comparing national team results doesn’t really make sense unless you think Cuba is on the same level as Mexico. Which, given that you think David is above Pulisic, you might.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Dortmund then and Bayern now aren’t that far apart. Also, comparing national team results doesn’t really make sense unless you think Cuba is on the same level as Mexico. Which, given that you think David is above Pulisic, you might.
I mean, David played against Mexico too and set up Canada's only goal against them. It's not just the amount of goals/assists he's racking up (11 goals and 5 assists in 9 games for Canada isn't really that impressive, as Canada is quite a good offensive team) but the way he's doing it (he also has 20 goals and 9 assists in the equivalent of 35 games for Gent stretching back to the start of last year when he moved over from Canada, with 6 goals and 4 assists in the equivalent of 10 games this season). I get it though, Pulisic is world class and David/Davies aren't close (hence my delusion).

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I mean, David played against Mexico too and set up Canada's only goal against them. It's not just the amount of goals/assists he's racking up (11 goals and 5 assists in 9 games for Canada isn't really that impressive, as Canada is quite a good offensive team) but the way he's doing it (he also has 20 goals and 9 assists in the equivalent of 35 games for Gent stretching back to the start of last year when he moved over from Canada, with 6 goals and 4 assists in the equivalent of 10 games this season). I get it though, Pulisic is world class and David/Davies aren't close (hence my delusion).
So stats. That’s why you take them over Pulisic. Great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad