USHL to New York?

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
The Twin Rinks has huge LED screens right near the score board that can roll advertisements and video, etc. So Im not sure if that was a valid point? Yes bowl seating would make it much better in terms of the feel that you were talking about, but take a look at where the Chicago Steel play. Im not sure it is as any different then what the TR would offer.

P1030784.JPG

Again by no means am I saying that the USHL will work here tomorrow, and sure the USPHL may have better talent but take a look at the Rinx where PAL plays (that is the only rink I been to that holds a USPHL team so I dont know of any more ;)). TR is light-years ahead.

That makes me feel better about a team at twin rinks. I've been there pleanty of times and my brother plays there so I have seen it a lot. I have never seen another USHL arena before, so in my head I was comparing it to an OHL 8,000 seat arena I've heard about.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
i have been to the Steel rink several times. It's not one of the more attractive facilities and i don't know what their draw numbers are. I do know that to attract the competitive entertainment dollars in the NE your gonna have to do better. There are simply many more options and mom and dad buying tickets won't be enough . Also i think you would agree there is a big difference between one sold out game and a sold out season. From what i was told Sundays game was NOT well attended, do you have a photo of that?

I was at Rinx two years ago and i honestly don't recall an LED large screen at that time, maybe that has since changed but the rest hasnt. Right now NE can't support
a non tuition system and it's really hard to envision successful organizations changing that just to be called USHL. While USHL is indisputable the top league , USPHL is really doing great moving a lot of players and is not all that far behind.
I actually think the overall skill is better or at the least= NAHL. So why change?
The Rinx in Haupague is a bad place to watch a hockey game in general. Besides not having an LED screen, it barely has seats. There is standing at ice level, and then you have a balcony section above, with 3 or 4 rows of obstructed seats. The only way to watch is to stand at ice level or stand 1st row at the balcony.

jliebs

Aug 26, 2014
take a look at the Cedar Rapids rink . To my thinking that would stand a chance of working if anything would.

Nuch3232

Nov 22, 2013
Long Island
My cousin played for CR, and it was a blast...you walked right in and the up the steps to the right and the rink was right there....concessions etc was all around the rink. It was a great spot/arena.

JL, the Twin Rinks has the LED screens not the Rinx, sorry for the confusion.

I get it your a big supporter of the USPHL but I think what we are, or at least I am, trying to get at is that if there was this type of level on LI esp at the TR hopefully it could work.....

.....one day :)

Nuch3232

Nov 22, 2013
Long Island
FOR SURE!!

Maybe if the USPHL comes something like you mentioned, to rival the USHL, there should be no reason why the TR cant field a team, maybe have the Bobcats jump?!

Nuch3232

Nov 22, 2013
Long Island
I wasnt at the Sunday game.

Saturday had a decent crowd. I would say more were there for the first game then the second. But how many games can you watch in row LOL? Not everyone can stick around for two, I dont know if I would LOL.

This was Friday's game between CR and Lincoln, before USA and Musky. It was earlier in the day too. I think again it was more than half full from what I heard.

10649660_846485692035849_4682294174646764542_n.jpg

It was a great event, not disputing the fact that the USHL on the east coast would TAKE A LOT MORE than a new facility to attract but its def. on the map!

jliebs

Aug 26, 2014
yea i see. But i am talking several of those around the rink plus a hanging center ice scoreboard with 4 sides.

Nuch3232

Nov 22, 2013
Long Island
Yea its unreal - like I said I went there to see my cousin and it was an unreal experience...

Its still a great facility for Long Island...I know it doesnt have the bells and whistles like some of the other USHL rinks but for Long Island I think its great...

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
Here is one picture of the "Stable" in Cedar Rapids

There is two Giant Screens at each end of the ice as well

Oops guess I should have looked above! This picture is what the Ice currently looks like!

It is a city owned rink that the Riders lease. Not a bad place to watch a game......especially from the penalty box where I unusually work during games.

Attachments

• Stable.jpg
    Stable.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad