USHL has a guy or two that could go 2nd round in 2005 draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Ryan Turek is a big name in US hockey who plays for the Lancers in the USHL. He was always a great d-man for Honey Baked and IMO could be a 2nd rounder in this years draft, he was considered one of the best d-men for his age in the USA last year.

also some other names to watch in the USHL is Scott Birnstill for this years draft as well playing for Waterloo.

Tristin Llewellyn who IMO could be the best d-man for his age group, he is one of the youngest players to ever play in this league and he is only a 89 born player playing in the USHL, this guy has some scary talent. Garred Roe is playing with Llewellyn for the Ice and Roe could be a big name for the 2006 draft.

ALso Nick Hopper is a very good goalie for 2006 playing with the Storm and Blake Wheeler is playing for Greenbay.

Brock Bradford is also playing in the USHL right now too but I don't know for what team

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Bradford is playing for Omaha and has 3G, 3A in his first 2 games.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Turek is actually a late '87 so he won't be eligible until 2006. He'll be heading to Michigan State next year.

It will be interesting to see if Birnstill can pull it together this year. I remember hearing his name mentioned with guys like Skille and Gerbe last year. I know he was injured early last season so maybe that was a partial cause for his poor play with the NTDP.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
moosefan said:
Ryan Turek is a big name in US hockey who plays for the Lancers in the USHL. He was always a great d-man for Honey Baked and IMO could be a 2nd rounder in this years draft, he was considered one of the best d-men for his age in the USA last year.

also some other names to watch in the USHL is Scott Birnstill for this years draft as well playing for Waterloo.

Tristin Llewellyn who IMO could be the best d-man for his age group, he is one of the youngest players to ever play in this league and he is only a 89 born player playing in the USHL, this guy has some scary talent. Garred Roe is playing with Llewellyn for the Ice and Roe could be a big name for the 2006 draft.

ALso Nick Hopper is a very good goalie for 2006 playing with the Storm and Blake Wheeler is playing for Greenbay.

Brock Bradford is also playing in the USHL right now too but I don't know for what team
Saw the Lancers play against Chicago. Wasn't big on Turek, but on the same team is Corey Toy who is listed as an '88 :eek: , and was quite good.

Turek to me seemed to have a fair amount of brain farts. Just throwing the puck no where. There are some other decent players that I saw in that game.

Nick Fanto(OMA)
Kevin Swallow(CHI)

To name a couple off the top of my head.

And you should really go to the USHL board...there is a link to a recent Bradford interview. :D

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
TMHUNH said:
Don't forget about Shane Connelly (Chicago) and Mike Testwuide (Waterloo)
Only seeing the opener, Connelly made a few decent saves but let in 4 against the Lancers. Not all were his fault mind you, but I would have to see a few more solid games before I could comment.

(And he looked short. :D )

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Anyone know anything about Devils draft pick Nathan Perkovich? I was looking for his stats and from what I saw it said that he hasnt played a game yet for Chicago, I dont know if thats a mistake or what. Thanks.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Funkymoses said:
moosefan, do you think the USHL's move to Tier I has had an impact on the quality of players they're getting? It seems like there's more talent in the USHL than before.

My guess would be that the increase of the level of size/strength/physical play of the NCAA, has in a way forced some kids to go the USHL route to get more physically mature. Not so much forced, but the USHL has become a solid option for players to move up a level while getting ready for the NCAA. This past draft may have been one of the best drafts for the USHL, although time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->