USHL Fargo Force 2013

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
So now I have seen the coach leave both goalies out to dry. First Johnson against team USA in October they left him in to allow 7 goals against now Jensen against Dubuque which they scored on him 8 times. Most teams change goalies after 3 or 4 goals. But when your losing 7 or 8 to one its hard for the goalies to have belief. I just feel bad that it has happened to both goalies now.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
So now I have seen the coach leave both goalies out to dry. First Johnson against team USA in October they left him in to allow 7 goals against now Jensen against Dubuque which they scored on him 8 times. Most teams change goalies after 3 or 4 goals. But when your losing 7 or 8 to one its hard for the goalies to have belief. I just feel bad that it has happened to both goalies now.

Time to get rid of Marks.

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
Two more losses in Omaha. When will it end. Its hard to see them lose so many games. They really need a change. Yes I know we only have about 4 guys from last season on the team. Their just not playing like a team. Do they need a coaching change or maybe get a new goalie. Were 5 and 17 most coaches would have been fired.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I didn't think there was a worse team in the USHL then the Chicago Steel, then I saw Fargo play!! Times have certainly changed.

Hope you guys turn it around soon.

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
I didn't think there was a worse team in the USHL then the Chicago Steel, then I saw Fargo play!! Times have certainly changed.

Hope you guys turn it around soon.

Yeah its hard to watch. As I work every home game. We did lose two to the Steel. Also where did you watch them play?

bluuuurr

Apr 14, 2013
Germany
I watched both games vs the Lancers in Omaha. The first night the Force played a really good game minus offense. The second game they were "drawing penalties" everywhere. The ice must have been much more slippery then they are used to.

Alot of animosity between the two teams, I'll definitely be at the next matchup!

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
What a crappy game. Most of Sioux City's goals were scored on odd bounces. I normally don't say anything about the other team but this has to be said. Nikolas Olsson cross check on our player was so uncalled for. I'm happy that he got a game misconduct he should get more then that. Neal Pionk is the cheapest player in the league. Not only diving to draw penalty's but you punch our player in the face after you run into him then when he gets back up you fall down to draw a penalty. The last is Kyle Hayton you punch players in the head when they screen you. I think they have to start calling that as a penalty. Its a hit targeting the head. I seen it 5 different times.

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
Another Trade-

Coming to Fargo - Jack Rowe from Cedar Rapids
Leaving Fargo - Frederik Tiffels to Cedar Rapids.

Now here's the question we picked up Tiffels about a month ago. Was he asked to be traded or did coaching staff not like him?

I personally liked the guys playing style.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Obviously the Force are in desperation mode. Trying to find someone or something to light a fire under their butts.

Last edited:

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
Its a lot of guys unhappy and wanting trades. So they try to find what they can get for that player. We cut a lot of returning players that could have been trade bait. Now we have nothing really for trade bait now. Its really hurting us. Most of the guys on our team are going to be 21 soon or its their first season in the league.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
Jack is a grinder in all senses of the word. He has 7 goals this year and I think 6 are within 5 feet of the goal mouth. He is a North Dakota commit and a 3 year vet in the USHL. He brings a good net presence and is good on the PK.

He wont dazzle you by skill but you will like his work ethic.

CR was looking to add a speedy playmaker to put along with SCSU commit Judd Peterson and Tiffels fit the bill.

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
I do have to agree. All the goals were shot from either snips or shots from the point. Our goalies aren't playing the best either.

If you look at who we have played we have played the top 3 in our division this season except for Chicago.

We keep trading players because the ask for trades. So its hard for the guys who are still here to have belief in the team.

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
0-2 in the new year so far after getting throttled 9-4 by Des Moines tonight. :shakehead

Yeah Something has to change. We have loss 11 games straight. In any other leagues Marks would be gone.

I don't know if you saw it but we let Assistant Coach Jesse Davis go. Also added D Chase Priskie.

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
And another trade.

Defenseman Josh Elmes and a 4th round pick to Dubuque for forward Anthony Petrella and a 6th round draft pick

I don't know why we traded Elmes for Petrella. Petrella still at Shattuck St. Mary's so we got a future player and a 6th pick for a good D and a 4th pick. I guess we maybe looking to the future but we need something now. Maybe a new goalie?

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
Another two games loss. That now gives us a 13 game losing streak. How much more is the team going to take. Somethings are not working. Will there be a big move or will we suffer through this much longer?

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
Another two games loss. That now gives us a 13 game losing streak. How much more is the team going to take. Somethings are not working. Will there be a big move or will we suffer through this much longer?

All hope for Fargo his lost this year IMO. Make some trades with the players that have value but are going to college next year and get draft picks to build on for next year.....much like Indiana and Sioux City did last year. Both teams are playing good hockey this year with the high draft picks they attained.

You have a good nucleus coming back with Cakebread, Essymont, and Morelli to build upon.

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
I do have to agree with you. This season is the first year that all the players on the team John Marks drafted. With guys going to college I don't think we will get very much for them.

We did have a trade for Elms for a kid that's at Shattick so he should be good.

So far we have cut 5 guys we drafted cause they either wanted out because we weren't winning and want to go back to high school/other leagues. Plus we traded a few cause of demanding a trade.

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
Force trade goalie Cam Johnson to Waterloo for

Goalie Mathias Israelsson, affiliate forward Andrew Zerban and a 3rd round futures pick and a 7th round pick in Phase 2 of the 2014 USHL Draft.

Sounds like we got a good deal for Johnson. Mathias Israelsson has a good track record coming from Sweden. Plus hes only 19 so we could have him awhile. Also we got Andrew Zerban who plays for Elk River who will be a good future player. Plus two draft picks that could lead to something good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad