USHL 2020-2021 Thread

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
End of one period, 1-1. CHI had 12 SOGs & FGO 8, fairly reflecting the Steel's advantage in the offensive play. Fargo fans very energetic tonight, and the Force are gonna need every decibel to continue this series.

Last edited:

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
8:01 left in the middle period, still tied 1-1. Closest thing to a goal this period has been a post ringer by Chicago's Matt Coronato, on a slapshot from above the circles.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
End of 2 periods, Chicago leads Fargo 2-1. The Force had the edge in potentially fruitful offensive rushes, but the Steel made one of theirs count. SOGs = CHI 21 - FGO 16 through 40 minutes. Crowd @ Scheels Arena were noticeably less vocal in that period; could be the weekend's Coors Light specials have finally started mellowing them out.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
13:45 remaining in 3rd, Chicago still holding their one-goal lead. Fargo doesn't seem to be kicking into high gear yet, but they need to ... soon ...

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
2:31 to go in the 3rd, Fargo takes its timeout with a faceoff pending in the Chicago end. We should see Andrew Miller come out soon for an extra attacker.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
@ 2:05 to go, Chicago keeps the puck in the Fargo zone and Fantilli scores over Miller's shoulder to make it 3-1. Farrell & Josh Doan with the assists.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
With the way things are going with covid, I believe the USHL might show potential to be a more popular league amongst junior players such as some going to the CHL. I believe it'll start from the fact some players can't play in their own respective leagues so they decide to head down the USHL route.

Defender71

May 5, 2021
Hi guys! I'm sure you know a lot of interesting things about USHL. Can you please tell me where I can see the official regulations or rules of this league? I did not find such data on the USHL website ...

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Hi guys! I'm sure you know a lot of interesting things about USHL. Can you please tell me where I can see the official regulations or rules of this league? I did not find such data on the USHL website ...
The current USHL website has been a shambles for over a year, due to apparent inattention by the web keeper while the League's other primary social media sites (Facebook & more regularly Twitter plus Instagram) have been kept fresh. :soap:

Meanwhile, the USHL falls under the USA Hockey organizational umbrella. So their rules of play are dictated by the current "Official Rules of Ice Hockey-Junior Hockey Edition" which officially expires this year. Enjoy your reading assignment. :teach:

Reactions: Defender71

Defender71

May 5, 2021
Thank you, but maybe there is a separate document for the USHL? For example, I heard the rule that if a drafted player played less than 10 games in the league, then the club loses the rights to him. In which document can you find this rule? Or players' transaction rules, exchange rules for another club, and so on. Where can I find the official docs to read about this?

Last edited:

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Thank you, but maybe there is a separate document for the USHL? For example, I heard the rule that if a drafted player played less than 10 games in the league, then the club loses the rights to him. In which document can you find this rule? Or players' transaction rules, exchange rules for another club, and so on. Where can I find the official docs to read about this?
Ah, sorry, misunderstood your request. It might be in the USA Hockey Players Rights, Rules and Responsibilities document. Or you can peruse the Forms & Rulebook page. My experience following minor pro hockey indicates you may have a difficult time finding your player-related answers on-line, so maybe a more junior hockey-savvy member can chime in.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
USHL Approves Sale of Lincoln Stars

06/03/2021, 2:45PM CDT
BY USHL

The United States Hockey League (USHL) announced Thursday the USHL Board of Directors has formally approved the sale of the Lincoln Stars to Alberto Fernandez.

Fernandez, a 35-year transportation technology industry executive, has owned and operated ice hockey businesses for more than a decade, including most recently serving as owner of the North Iowa Bulls (North American Hockey League - NAHL) and Mason City m (North American 3 Hockey League). ...

Read more at: USHL Approves Sale of Lincoln Stars

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->