Useless Thread MDCCXLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
Terms of Service Trademarks Privacy Policy ©2018 Bloomberg L.P. All Rights Reserved
Careers Made in NYC Advertise Ad Choices Contact Us Help
tpid=76ee071b-438e-4346-80c0-7a039ba69e3e
tpid=UA-11413116-1

Sep 19, 2008
The first time I tried to read code was a disaster.
I was learning Sinatra at the time and wanted to better understand what was under the hood. Yet, I had no idea where to start. I found the repo on Github and picked a file at random. No joke.
I figured I could spend the afternoon studying it and have a solid grasp on its capabilities by dinner. After all, reading my own code was easy enough, how could this be any different?
We all know where this is going. Suffice it to say, it felt like I was smacking my head against a wall of text.

Sep 19, 2008
still can't believe a moderator would take a partisan stance and call the Redskins "WFT" :laugh:

Your job as a moderator is to be impartial and moderate the forums. You can't take a stance :laugh:

Sep 19, 2008
Share on Twitter
Share on LinkedInShare on RedditShare on Google+E-mail
Scott Soshnick, Michael Barr and Eben Novy-Williams discuss a host of issues related to the business of sports, including the technical problems that affected the Tiger Woods-Phil Mickelson pay-per-view event. Turner said it would issue refunds for those who paid $19.99 to stream the match play event. Other carriers, including Comcast, Charter and Cox also said they would issue refunds. Also discussed on the podcast is the new labor contract between the National Lacrosse League and its players, and whether it’s actually a good thing for the future of the league and sport. Also talked about is the death of Houston Texans owner Bob McNair. Hosts: Scott Soshnick, Michael Barr and Eben Novy-Williams Producer: Colin Tipton

Sep 19, 2008
Scott Soshnick, Michael Barr and Eben Novy-Williams discuss a host of issues related to the business of sports, including the rising valuations of Major League Soccer teams. Atlanta United is, according to Forbes, worth a league-leading $330 million, followed by the LA Galaxy and Seattle Sounders. Also discussed is the NCAA’s reversal of its decision regarding an athlete whose parents disowned her, prompting friends to start a GoFundMe page that has amassed more than $100,000 in donations. The trio also discusses Amazon’s interest in the regional sports networks being sold by Disney as part of its $71 billion asset purchase from Fox. Hosts: Scott Soshnick, Michael Barr and Eben Novy-Williams Producer: Bob Bragg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad