Useless Thread MDCCXLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheese Wagstaff

Dec 11, 2017
This was probably because she thinks to thrive in any workplace environment (especially offices) it's a requirement to always accept the offer of a tea/coffee and that you're expected to make it for other people.

I do drink coffee but not at my work, I think I've only ever accepted the offer once since I've been in my current job only because I was literally falling asleep at my computer. I don't drink it at work firstly because I don't want to become dependent on having like 7 cups a day, and secondly because if I did have it then other people would expect me to make them one as well.

I don't even know how to make coffee, I only ever order it in shops or from pressing a button on a machine. My team leader asked me the other week what my tea-making skills are like and he just didn't understand when I told him I've never made a tea in my life because I don't like tea and I don't drink it. Again, because I don't drink coffee in the workplace so I've never been asked to make someone a tea while I was there.

I don’t drink coffee ever, but I guess “no thanks, but I’ll take a water” would have been more polite. She could have just directly given me that advice instead of just asking repeatedly hoping an obviously socially inept Young Cheese would have gotten the hint.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Oh yeah @Ceremony going back to me needing new friends; I didn't mention I was arguing with one of them at breakfast the other day because he thought cutting his toast diagonally meant he got more bread and less crust

He couldn't comprehend that it's still literally the physically same quantity

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Oh yeah @Ceremony going back to me needing new friends; I didn't mention I was arguing with one of them at breakfast the other day because he thought cutting his toast diagonally meant he got more bread and less crust

He couldn't comprehend that it's still literally the physically same quantity
ahhahaaahahhahaahaahahahaaha

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
ahhahaaahahhahaahaahahahaaha

This is the same fella who has got his ex's name tattoo'd on his foot in a foreign language, and now he and his current girlfriend have matching tattoos of a little key or something on their wrist

I don't really know if I consider him a friend, more of a person I know, his girlfriend is friends with my friend's girlfriend so that's how he is now in my inner circle.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I love that a television programme in 2016 suggests you need to hand in physical copies of assignments

I mean I went to a diddy university and we stopped that five years previously

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
"It's not actually that hard to get a 2:1, you basically have to just hand stuff in."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->