Useless Thread MDCCXLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
The red Engelbert Strauss patch on the sleeve looked very good on the Nottingham Panther's weird gold/brown coloured jerseys last year

Looked like the Nazi SA uniforms
Ah yes I remember watching those. It was a very strange colour, whatever it was.

Cheese Wagstaff

Dec 11, 2017
peener did you ever talk to a careers person at your university?

I did this once. She asked me four times if I wanted coffee, like she was f***ing incredulous I wouldn’t take it. She spent forty minutes telling me how important it was to make a LinkedIn and at the end asked if I’d like to make one with her in that office and I told her I’d rather live with my parents for the rest of my life than make one. She was very strange and so was 22 year old Cheese. It was a remarkably unproductive meeting and I’m sure she still remembers how bizarre of a person I was.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I did this once. She asked me four times if I wanted coffee, like she was ****ing incredulous I wouldn’t take it. She spent forty minutes telling me how important it was to make a LinkedIn and at the end asked if I’d like to make one with her in that office and I told her I’d rather live with my parents for the rest of my life than make one. She was very strange and so was 22 year old Cheese. It was a remarkably unproductive meeting and I’m sure she still remembers how bizarre of a person I was.
If it's any consolation I'm sure she's met thousands of people in your situation and doesn't remember you at all.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I was having one of my tri-monthly email checks the other day and someone I went to school with and had on facebook has a linkedin and I was getting bombarded with emails from them about her. Like.... naw.

Cheese Wagstaff

Dec 11, 2017
I went to the meeting because it was mandatory to post my resume on my alma mater’s job posting board. She told me I needed more action verbs in my resume so I sent her back a version completely devoid of verbs.

I’m sure she thought I was destined to be a failure, but it’s eight years later and guess who is a huge success in the world of East Baltimore drug trafficking?

Reactions: Ceremony

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I went to the meeting because it was mandatory to post my resume on my alma mater’s job posting board. She told me I needed more action verbs in my resume so I sent her back a version completely devoid of verbs.

I’m sure she thought I was destined to be a failure, but it’s eight years later and guess who is a huge success in the world of East Baltimore drug trafficking?
You have to pay to use my university's careers service

Clearly the system works

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
I did this once. She asked me four times if I wanted coffee, like she was ****ing incredulous I wouldn’t take it. She spent forty minutes telling me how important it was to make a LinkedIn and at the end asked if I’d like to make one with her in that office and I told her I’d rather live with my parents for the rest of my life than make one. She was very strange and so was 22 year old Cheese. It was a remarkably unproductive meeting and I’m sure she still remembers how bizarre of a person I was.

This was probably because she thinks to thrive in any workplace environment (especially offices) it's a requirement to always accept the offer of a tea/coffee and that you're expected to make it for other people.

I do drink coffee but not at my work, I think I've only ever accepted the offer once since I've been in my current job only because I was literally falling asleep at my computer. I don't drink it at work firstly because I don't want to become dependent on having like 7 cups a day, and secondly because if I did have it then other people would expect me to make them one as well.

I don't even know how to make coffee, I only ever order it in shops or from pressing a button on a machine. My team leader asked me the other week what my tea-making skills are like and he just didn't understand when I told him I've never made a tea in my life because I don't like tea and I don't drink it. Again, because I don't drink coffee in the workplace so I've never been asked to make someone a tea while I was there.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
This was probably because she thinks to thrive in any workplace environment (especially offices) it's a requirement to always accept the offer of a tea/coffee and that you're expected to make it for other people.

I do drink coffee but not at my work, I think I've only ever accepted the offer once since I've been in my current job only because I was literally falling asleep at my computer. I don't drink it at work firstly because I don't want to become dependent on having like 7 cups a day, and secondly because if I did have it then other people would expect me to make them one as well.

I don't even know how to make coffee, I only ever order it in shops or from pressing a button on a machine. My team leader asked me the other week what my tea-making skills are like and he just didn't understand when I told him I've never made a tea in my life because I don't like tea and I don't drink it.
You'll enjoy Josie judging her new housemates' ability to make tea

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Again, if I started making it for myself other people would expect one as well, and they can **** off
I've made a cup of coffee for one aunt about twice in my life, and both times I had to ask her what to do. I don't like either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->