Useless Thread MDCCXLV: DOWN GOES FRAZIER! DOWN GOES FRAZIER! DOWN GOES FRAZIER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
The primary issue is that he is still alive.
giphy.gif

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Be sure to point them out to me when they appear and tell me your skill relative to them (player or referee)

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Be sure to point them out to me when they appear and tell me your skill relative to them (player or referee)

Well they're obviously all much better than me, and it's mostly only the actual British players who aren't really the good players of the league. 3 of my old teammates from under 18s are in the EIHL, obviously at the time they were some of the best players their age in the country while I was utter shite, and there's a others who I have played against like once or skated with in the summer. I've officiated the games of most of the younger British players in the league when they were coming up through the juniors and lower leagues, 2018 Arizona Coyotes draft pick Liam Kirk actually spoke to me once when I was on the line at a tournament he was playing in, some pictures exist of him with me in the background but I'd have to pay for them to show you, well I suppose I could screenshot but it would be behind a bunch of watermarks.

I've worked with a few of the EIHL refs and linesmen in the lower leagues, I might be able to get there myself if I improve my fitness and as a result get faster at skating and part of it is character as well, I've been doing it for 10 years and I'm still relatively young so there's time. I'm literally just 1 "level" below the EIHL at the moment in terms of the grade they give us so I can line any other league in the country.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I'd rather do that than look at maps in an office all day. Depending on what sort of sweepstake prizes they have for prominent sociocultural events, of course.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
I'd rather do that than look at maps in an office all day. Depending on what sort of sweepstake prizes they have for prominent sociocultural events, of course.

Do what, officiate in the EIHL? It's still not enough money to be fully professional, all those guys still have day jobs.

I also don't just look at maps all day anymore, we had a bit of a restructure and I moved from exclusively high voltage opportunity identifying to the low voltage department where I still do some opportunity identifying for low voltage but I'm also do a lot of admin now with the processing of claims for low voltage. For example this week I literally did not look at maps at all and spent most of the week purchasing the title deeds from the land registry and sending all the necessary documents over to "Western Power Distribution" so they can do their bit to get our clients and therefore us, some money.

Also did I mention what an absolute bin of a website the Scottish land registry was when I was looking at maps trying to identify opportunities in the Scottish Power North region.

I also did very well the other week when I identified hundreds of claims in an absolute bin of a place called Jaywick near Clacton-on-Sea which is apparently one of the poorest areas in the UK. That's in Shrimper's neck of the woods. There were literally rows and rows of shite houses with wires and poles going through the back gardens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->